Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post suggestions here

Default Re: Post suggestions here

Geronimo give heavy sword instead sabre

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Thanks. I have most of those images in Post 138 and 139 already.
    Hi,what's the progress with your hard work?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

The next release will feature more variety of various category of early 17th century unit. For example while most French infantry in the 30yw wore grey, there were other combinations too. There will be some more units too..I have recently started making some models of my own to include in the mod. The Brussels civic guard will be included. Prussia will be a Polish protectorate and Brandenburg will replace Prussia as a playable faction. Transylvania will be new faction as an Ottoman Protectorate. Protectorates are not playable.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 16, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

ура я сделал euro cavarly прямые сабли

Does this mean more armored units? Would be cool if you could find a way to put in Adrian's zweihander landsknechts.

Also, are the dutch armored swordsmen presently in the mod? I remember you mentioning something about removing them.

Lastly, what's your general stance on Ukraine/Cossacks and do you ever intend to tackle making them?

Yes the Dutch heavy swordsman is going back in.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I am sad, because Transylvanian Principality not playable in next version.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Hi! I will try out this seemingly awesome mod with great potential and since I'm a swede I will play as Sweden. I'm psyched to try this out and I will definitely provide insights, spotted mistakes and suggestions in this post to help you make this mod as historically accurate as possible and I will naturally mostly provide information about Sweden.

First thing I notice: The king of Sweden at the beginning in 1607 is Adolf Fredrik I. He was king of Sweden in the mid 18th century so this is a mistake. The actual king of Sweden in the year 1607 was Karl IX (Charles IX),https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_IX_of_Sweden and Gustavus Adolphus became the regent at his father's, the king's death in 1611.

Wars

The diplomacy when the game start is a bit off for Sweden considering the year is 1607. I will list the wars that should be changed.

- Even though Sweden and Denmark waged war almost always, however there was a peace between 1570 - 1611, so there should be peace between Sweden and Denmark when the game starts. Relations should of course be in the negative as Sweden desperately wanted access to the straits between Sweden and Denmark.

- Sweden was at peace with Russia at the time. They waged war between 1570 - 1595, and again in 1609 - 1617. So there should be peacetime at the start of the game. Relations should be negative.

- There was a war between Sweden and Poland in 1607 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish...00%E2%80%9311)
    Zigismunt III of Poland Lithuania was of the Noble Swedish house of "Vasa" and the son of the previous King Johan III of Sweden, and therefore Zygmunt III was cousin of Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden. Zygmunt had previously been the king of Sweden for a short while after the death of Johan III after his uncle Charles IX overthrew him. Zygmunt of Poland Lithuania is still claiming rights to the Swedish crown at the start of the game which is the reason for the war raging in 1607. I suggest making Sweden be at war with Poland Lithuania when the game begins to reflect this. Relations between these relatives are very bad and considering the coming enormous conflicts between Lutherans and Catholics there should be relations to reflect this.

Misscellaneous

- English musketeers recruitable in Stockholm?

- Considering you named Sigismund III of Poland Lithuania "Zygmunt III" like the Polish calls him, I suggest naming the Swedish kings Charles IX and Gustavus Adolphus as they are named in Swedish. Karl IX and Gustav II Adolf to provide continuity. If you want to change this to be able to call him Gustavus Adolphus I suggest changing Zygmunt to Sigismund.

- The generals. The two generals from the start (Armfeldt and Lewenhaupt) are from the original game and therefore out of place in this time period. My best suggestions are Carl Gyllenhielm (illegitimate son of Charles IX and thus half brother to Gustavus Adolphus) and the important military figure Jakob De La Gardie. They were both imprisioned after the Siege of Wolmar in the Polish - Swedish war of 1600-1611 and neither of them was back serving the Swedish army until after your game begins. However I still think they are the best choices for the generals to start with as were the most prominent military leaders of this particular time. Later on more famous general emerge and if you can add some to the rooster of recruitable generals I suggest Gustaf Horn, Lennart Torstensson, John Banér

- I get some native american music. Will try the music expansion mod. Edit: I sometimes get the native american music even though I installed the addon. It's a major immersion break.

Thanks for making the mod. I will follow it with great interest.

Hungarian huszár (for Transylvania and the Habsburgs)

The Hungarian and Transylvanian hussars were similar to the Polish winged hussars (long lance)

Ottoman Sipahis also have a long lances.

Wallachians (according to the political situation independent or Ottoman, Cossacks, Polish or Transylvanian auxiliary)

Last edited by Otto Flik (qwert); January 14, 2016 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks. Do you have any images of Wallachian infantry? Also would the Vlachs of Transylvania have served in that states army?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thanks. Do you have any images of Wallachian infantry? Also would the Vlachs of Transylvania have served in that states army?
    I think so. I will look for at the weekend

Now I'm trying to make/remake the Cossacks:

Last edited by Otto Flik (qwert); January 14, 2016 at 08:20 PM.

I love you Otto. This is what I've been hoping this mod would have since the start.

I found detailed description the Prince of Transylvania Jerzy Rakoczy army and troops participating in the invasion of Poland in 1657! I write here as soon as I translate.

Very nice models and textures Otto. If you want me to include them feel free to send to me.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Flik (qwert) View Post
    I found detailed description the Prince of Transylvania Jerzy Rakoczy army and troops participating in the invasion of Poland in 1657! I write here as soon as I translate.
    Yes, the army is an army of Transylvania was multinational. In 1656 the core army were professional infantry regiments. They consisted of soldiers of different nationalities: Hungarians, Germans, Transylvanian Saxons, Vlachs, Cossacks and the so-called "semens" troops which include Serbs, Greeks, Albanians, and even Bulgarians. The infantry were usually armed with muskets or arquebuses, sabers and axes, and some soldiers had also peaks. Peasants troops and groups consisting of carpathian robbers accompanied The army.

In Transylvania army troops they were also Szeklers and Transylvanian "hayduks". The Szeklers way to combat reminded Zaporozhian Cossacks and for that they were highly valued.

Cavalry played an important role and was divided into heavy cavalry (hussars lancer) and light horseman. Heavy cavalry was the formation of the nobility used long lances, sabers, and some also had firearms and blunt weapons. They used plate-demi-armour. In the seventeenth century about 3,000 people in this formation, and probably most of them was a part duke's guard. Light cavalry formed from a poor Transylvanian nobles, mostly used lances, swords and blunt weapons, they have rarely used firearms and bows. Armor was not used. Duke had heavy , siege, and lighter field artillery.

Militia nobility consists mostly of Hungarian horsemen, because each of the nobles had an obligation to put up with their own people on call the prince. In the mid-seventeenth century, the possibility of mobilizing "landsturm" gave a total of 12 000-15 000 people. Military Values of this formation were not high.

Moldavian and Wallachian troops were light horsemen, which could be used mainly for reconnaissance. they were 2 kinds of them the lancer cavalry and shooter cavalry with bows. Firearms hardly used.

I will put the pictures later.
    Last edited by Otto Flik (qwert); January 19, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

I really love the mod you guys made, one of the only 17th century games/mods I have seen in my life.

But as for suggestions, here are 316- 17th century Europe, Middle East and Americas pictures I collected during 2015, you might be able to use them, all of the 17th century Osprey and a lot of contemporaries are included, so most of it is correct:
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/He...?sort=3&page=1

They are all labeled, but it might be that some are mislabeled. Some also have 2 different countries on 1 image, that usually is in the label too. I uploaded this from a folder on my PC which also includes East-Asia and 16th century, I tried to filter the best I could but some might have slipped trough.

Good luck with creating what I think is the best mod for Total War!

Thank you both.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Flik (qwert) View Post
    so-called "semens" troops which include Serbs, Greeks, Albanians, and even Bulgarians.
    transylvanian seimen:

I'd like info on whether Transylvania and the other Ottoman satellites in the Balkans used the flintlock to any great extent and when.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	india 1607 etw.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	392.1 KB 
ID:	334990

Here is a what in my opinion would be the best map for India in 1607. I based it of a couple maps I found on the internet and made it real quick in paint using the ETW borders. A lot of the maps were very different so I had to make some decisions and made it according to what I think would be the best, gameplay wise.
    Some extra info:
    Sultanate of Golkonda:
    State religion Shia
    Population about 20 percent Shia, 5 percent Sunni, 5 percent Sikh and rest Hindu.
    Sultanate of Bijapur:
    State religion Sunni
    Population about 20 percent Sunni, 10 percent Sikh, rest Hindu
    Kingdom of Mysore:
    State religion Hindu
    5 percent Sunni, rest Hindu.
    Vijayanagara:
    State religion Hindu
    Population in south 100 percent Hindu, in north about 90 percent Hindu and 10 percent Shia.
    Mughal:
    In the northern most province, about 80 percent Sunni, the one under it to the left about 60 percent, the one under that about 50 percent. Rest of the provinces about 70/80 percent Hindu, and in the South with a considerable Sikh population too.