Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post suggestions here

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Post suggestions here

But if I make them independent then they can't be English-protectorates because it could cause CTDs. I will include them though.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

What is the current progress on the mod?

Also I want to know the progress.

Would definitely be cool to know. It's been nearly a year since the last patch. Would like to start playing this in earnest.

I'll upload something in the next two weeks to a month. I've been busy with work experience in the last few months. I can assure you it will include campaign map models and faction specific generals for the Europeans. I may change the start date so as to have colonial factions at the start.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Awesome, can't wait.

(deleted)
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; August 22, 2015 at 03:54 PM.

Greetings Geronimo2006 were you able to add some wooden forts to the North American Theater in the next patch?

First of all I want to say this is the best ETW mod I have ever played. I really appreciate all the work you have put in to it. Now on to my whining. I hate how the vanilla ETW completly neglected the Cossacks. The vanilla Cossacks don't even look like Cossacks for 1 bit, it's ridiculous. Maybe you can change the Cossack models? Here is also a link of another ETW mod about Cossacks maybe you can get models/inspiration from there: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hetmanat-total-war. If you want inspiration for Cossack units I highly advise you to play a mod for Mount and Blade Warband called "The Deluge", it's a mod about the Polish Deluge in the 1650's and it includes the Hetmanate as a faction and it has lot's of units. You can also watch the film called "With Fire and Sword", or Ogniem i Mieczem, it's a Polish film about the Cossack uprising. Though what would be even more great is the Cossack Hetmanate as playable faction, with Ukraine as home region, since the Cossack Hetmanate is a major player in Polish-Lithuanian, Russian, and of course their own history. And I think atleast 1 Italian faction should be playable, probably Venice, because it has the most unique units. I have also found in several sources that the Italians used armor longer than other West-Europeans, so maybe you can reflect that a bit in the mod. Here are some Venetian pictures:
    And I would also really like it if you changed the carbines for the mounted units. Perhaps into a wheellock like this?:

And Scottish mercenaries for the Dutch and the Swedes, if that is possible. And more pistol and carbine equipped infantry, and swords for infantry as secondary weapon, but you probably don't have that for a reason. But again, this really is the best mod for ETW.

First of all I want to say this is the best ETW mod I have ever played. I really appreciate all the work you have put in to it. Now on to my whining. I hate how the vanilla ETW completly neglected the Cossacks. The vanilla Cossacks don't even look like Cossacks for 1 bit, it's ridiculous. Maybe you can change the Cossack models? Here is also a link of another ETW mod about Cossacks maybe you can get models/inspiration from there: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hetmanat-total-war. If you want inspiration for Cossack units I highly advise you to play a mod for Mount and Blade Warband called "The Deluge", it's a mod about the Polish Deluge in the 1650's and it includes the Hetmanate as a faction and it has lot's of units. You can also watch the film called "With Fire and Sword", or Ogniem i Mieczem, it's a Polish film about the Cossack uprising. Though what would be even more great is the Cossack Hetmanate as playable faction, with Ukraine as home region, since the Cossack Hetmanate is a major player in Polish-Lithuanian, Russian, and of course their own history. And I think atleast 1 Italian faction should be playable, probably Venice, because it has the most unique units. I have also found in several sources that the Italians used armor longer than other West-Europeans, so maybe you can reflect that a bit in the mod. Here are some Venetian pictures:
    And I would also really like it if you changed the carbines for the mounted units. Perhaps into a wheellock like this?:

In my opinion Portugal and Denmark should be playable too. And Scottish mercenaries for the Dutch and the Swedes, if that is possible. And more pistol and carbine equipped infantry, and swords for infantry as secondary weapon, but you probably don't have that for a reason. But again, this really is the best mod for ETW.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Their armour also isn't bullet proof, especially at close range.
    Sometimes it was not, sometimes it was;

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    According to Osprey, the poor quality of swords was one reason why the musket butt was often used as a melee weapon by musketeers in the 30 yrs war at least.
    That is ludicrous.
    Pure lunacy.

The reason they fought with musket butts is in instances where they were not supplied with swords as sidearms.
    A sword is far, far, faaaar more versatile in close combat and by the late 14th century even the dirt cheap lowest quality footmen swords were of very decent quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    You also need to remember that heavy armour historically increased fatigue especially in hot weather.
    Not really, we barely have any sources telling us so, that is mostly just modern humans drawing conclusions based on their own personal opinions.

People used to fight for dozens of hours, even days in full plate armor and mentions of that supposed exhaustion that everybody speaks of is almost nowhere to be found.

They just got used to it, and also, they weren't sheltered pansies like modern men are.

Amazing mod though

I suggest adding Hungarian and Transylvanian units, perhaps making Transylvania independent, since in practice it acted indepentedly.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

transylvanian hussars and infantry, hussar used light infantry tactic, even the armored ones.

transylvaninan dragoon

transylvanian elite infantry

1st one is hungarian castle defender rest is hajduk(in practice independent people hired to fight either for transylvania, austria, hungary etc.)

vlach horseman

transylvanian szekler infantry and cavalry

transylvanian lancer

saxon mercenaries transylvania often hired

hungarian swordsman

hungarian lightcav, note estock
    i had a load of pictures of hajduk reenactors with 100% historical accuracy but i really cant find them maybe i put them on a cloud or something.

I'm already working to add Transylvania as an Ottoman Protectorate which it was.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thanks for the plates+info on the Transylvanians, Tovarisch.

Transylvania will be a Protectorate of the Ottomans in the next release. The state religion will be Protestant. Some work below.

Scots Lochaber men.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; September 13, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Thanks for the plates+info on the Transylvanians, Tovarisch.
    Always happy to help

And I'm really excited about the Transylvanians, Geronimo

The proposed units of Central and Eastern Europe:

Last edited by Otto Flik (qwert); September 19, 2015 at 07:33 PM.

Nice screenshots Otto. Havent heard from you in months. If you have something to send me go right ahead.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

So so beautiful!We want to see these in next update!

All pictures I have of the middle east and some pictures of Croats. There might be some 16th century stuff in it too, I didn't bother to filter, sorry.

Croats

croats

croat officer

Mughal archer

mughal arty

mughal cav

Mughal cav and inf

Mughal elephants

Barbary states sailor

ottoman marine

Ottoman musketeer (auxillary of janisarry)

ottoman cav

jannisaries

Marines ottoman

ottoman musketeer (don't know what kind)

mixed 16th and 17th century ottomans (first one is tartars, second one arab cav, 3rd one irrelevant,4th one transylvanian inf, 5th one arab auxillary, 6th one irrelevant, 7th one ensign)

tartar

self explanatory

persian royal gaurd, and musketeer

tartars