Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post suggestions here

Default Re: Post suggestions here

Hi first I want to say its a splendid mod the units are very historically accurate and wonderful. I just had some constructial criticism that I notice so please do not take offense. THe AI seems to be very passive it never ever attacks I am not sure if thats an issue with the mod or a CA ETW issue. I was just wondering why the native Americans or indians destroy my European heavy pike men and heavy cavalry...? I am wondering if that can be improved because its historically accurate. I thought that you were just going to have 17th century ships and new ship models? Finally just hopefully when you are able to find a startpos modder you can correct ownership of the regions that would help with the immersion of the time period

I tested vanilla Empire and the mod both and I think it has to do with high unit upkeeps. The CAI simply cannot cope with upkeeping the units and making armies for the offensive at the same time.

Some nations like Austria and Russia move around constantly but rarely do I see them attack, if ever. I think Darth CAI or something is a must.

Minor nations such as Saxony and Courland do not train units at all.

Just wondering hows the work on the next update going?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    I tested vanilla Empire and the mod both and I think it has to do with high unit upkeeps. The CAI simply cannot cope with upkeeping the units and making armies for the offensive at the same time.

Some nations like Austria and Russia move around constantly but rarely do I see them attack, if ever. I think Darth CAI or something is a must.

Minor nations such as Saxony and Courland do not train units at all.
    I will reduce upkeep costs in future version.

Happyboomer there is that issue and I will put back in more units that were in past previews but were lost because of the virus a couple of weeks ago. I've also been sent a few Russian models by Otto Flick (qwert) that I will use for some early Russian cavalry units.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; March 28, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    According to Osprey, the poor quality of swords was one reason why the musket butt was often used as a melee weapon by musketeers in the 30 yrs war at least. I will continue to research the issue but I want to be historical. You also need to remember that heavy armour historically increased fatigue especially in hot weather.
    you're right, but it was only in the west. In central and eastern Europe, the infantry used sabres to the melee. The Moscow streltsy had sabers, but fighting poleaxes in close combat - good weapons vs cavalry ( they used it also to put on them their arquebuses and muskets when they shoots). In Poland-Lithuania, the polish- hungarian-style (hajducy) had arquebuses, sabres to fight in close combat and axes to siege and engineering works, sometimes to fight. After the reforms of Polish Infantry, they received poleaxe and used them as simillar to Russians troops (then also received the grenades). In both countries, even western-style infantry fought in close quarters often using sabers, sometimes rapiers. (These units exist in parallel to national forces and mercenaries. were trained and armed with muskets as Western European infantry but with sabres, In Poland, they were dressed in western style, and in Russia similar to the Strelets but without poleaxes, only sabers or rapiers). Turkish Janissaries struggled offensively countermarch forward and often then moved to charge with sabres.

Strelets animation for that use poleaxes and muskets are in AUM mod, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Otto Flik (qwert); March 30, 2014 at 08:13 PM.

Thank you for that info. I am downloading AUM now to look into the musket animation issue.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Okay it seems to me that in the AUM mod, the Russian streltsy do use the berdiche/poleaxe as a melee weapon. However it does not seem they rest the musket on the berdiche. I can include the berdiche as a melee weapon for the musketeers.

Loading screens are also planned.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; March 31, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Sorry, I vaguely written. In AUM Streltsy are shooting using muskets and they are fighting melee using berdiches, but they don't rest muskets on their berdiches. It did in history.
    But the Polish-Lithuanian hussars in submod DME_POLAND2 uses hussars lances when they charges and then uses sabres.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALB8-_ihSO4
    (In the video is only a moment with lances)
    You will find in this mod a few units of the seventeenth century, for example pancerni: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...8-pancerni.jpg

Unfortunately the download link is not working for me. I see the screenshots though and am interested.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

One question when do you expect that the next release will come out?

2-4 weeks. I'm waiting for more models.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Preview of a loading screen to be included (with others) in next update.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Wooow, gorgeous. Absolutely fitting.

Though, will you be able to change the quotes too?

I'll try.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

This is a lovely looking mod! One thing I'd like to see would be the transition for English units moving from pre Civil war mish mash to the New Model Army, turning them into the premier fighting force that you see at the beginning of ETW Vannila. I'm sure it's possible, and I think it would be great. Also, is there a way to hard code the AI to force things like The 30 Years war and The English Civil War to occur if the situation allows it?
    I was also wondering if you plan on adding in quotes from the time period to the loading screens?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Hey Geronimo. I want to let you know that Austria has more men per unit then all of the other factions. Matchlock musketeers have 150 for Austria but 120 for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    Hey Geronimo. I want to let you know that Austria has more men per unit then all of the other factions. Matchlock musketeers have 150 for Austria but 120 for everyone else.
    Fixed in next release.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Seen the latest screens for the new units and getting hype for the next release just wondering how its going?

Hello Geronimo2006 and team, thank you for sharing your great work with the community!

I would like to ask, could you please remove the projectile trails in tactical battles? This might improve FPS, and maybe also memory usage and therefore stability (I'm not sure, just a guessing).

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello Geronimo2006 and team, thank you for sharing your great work with the community!

I would like to ask, could you please remove the projectile trails in tactical battles? This might improve FPS, and maybe also memory usage and therefore stability (I'm not sure, just a guessing).

cheers
    If I can I will make a lite-version of the mod without the trails. But I will also leave a non-lite version that keeps them.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog