Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms, Empires and Republics | Released Beta2.7 -- 9/3/14

Default Re: Kingdoms, Empires and Republics | Released Beta2.7 -- 9/3/14

Ok just so I can be extra sure - turn off all the submods, unpack the BugFix compilation again & copy over the old files, download the latest addition from the post about 9 posts above this one, unpack it & copy over any duplicates & then we should be all set?

No real need to reinstall KER, none of its file will be overwritten by the bugfix compilation, this problem you posted is actually from the bugfix compilation and a conflict of the activation order of Castle Academic and HorseBreeders submods with DisableRR most likely.

The new Addendum 2 for the bugfix comp fixes this making Castle Academic and HorseBreeders activate after DisableRR.

So again:

1. Deactivate all submods with SS_setup.exe, so you only have left the mandatory AI option (gracul, savage, lusted).
    2. Apply the latest Bugfix comp (v1.26) again
    3. Download and Apply Bugfix comp's Addendum 1 and 2
    4. Run the CLEAN_OLD_BUGFIX.bat that comes with Addendum 2
    5. Run SS_setup.exe and activate the submods you want.

Excellent, thanks for the great work & quick assistance. However, let me follow up w/ a further query: if I planned to add your other mods (Viva, Regional, Courtesan, Next Heir), should I do that first & then do the fix above to avoid further issues or will there be no foreseeable issue?

as general rule, add everything after the bugfix compilation, BTW next heir ancillary is redundant with KER

Right on. I'm going to head home early from work now & re-do this b/c that's just the type of guy I am. Thanks for the assistance & I'll reach back out if I somehow get stuck again.

I' ll update it Hey Melooo182!
    I was thinking that something like this script might help in the efficiency of the script, as it does the job of several monitor in only two:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement 

campaign_wait 0.1 ;after this wait, we have the new owner

if I_SettlementOwner Paris != france
        and I_CompareCounter paris_occupied = 0
            set_counter paris_occupied 1

if I_EventCounter is_the_ai = 0
                add_settlement_turmoil Paris 8
            end_if
            if I_EventCounter is_the_ai = 1
                add_settlement_turmoil Paris 6
            end_if
        end_if
        if I_SettlementOwner Paris = france
            set_counter paris_occupied 0
        end_if

;repeat for other settlements
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader Attribute Authority < 5
        and Attribute Command < 5

if I_FactionLeaderTrait venice Factionleader = 0
        and I_FactionLeaderTrait venice FactionRegent = 0
        and I_FactionLeaderTrait venice FactionUsurper = 0 ; since these Traits are available only for FLs and the corresponding triggers in EDCT haven't fired up yet
        and I_NumberOfSettlements venice >= 4

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled venice
                if I_SettlementOwner Paris = venice
                end_if
                if I_SettlementOwner Bordeaux = venice
                    add_settlement_turmoil Bordeaux 5
                end_if

end_if

if I_IsFactionAIControlled venice
                end_if
                if I_SettlementOwner Bordeaux = venice
                    add_settlement_turmoil Bordeaux 3
                end_if
            end_if
        end_if

; repeat for other factions

end_monitor

It's just for your consideration; I didn't try it as I don't understand enough what you are trying to do at that section of the script.

EDIT:
    Last edited by gsthoed; September 18, 2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Added a note, in red font

yeah that could work better!
    the main idea is simulating the effects resistance to foreign rule in major settlements that are mostly the starting capitals of other factions. But then i'd also like to perhaps include the "provoke_rebellion" command in case of civil war.

EDIT:
    Nah it wouldn't work for what i want
    There is a problem with this script
    It wouldn't add turmoil if for example HRE captures Paris from England.
    and also IIRC there is a particular case when you can capture settlements in an AI faction's turn, which is when you are laying siege and the AI decides to sally out but is defeated, this script would then assign the Turmoil value of "is_the_ai = 1" even if the player was the one who captured it.

EDIT2:
    However i think i can use some parts of the script and still reduce the # of monitors in the one I had, i'll post it once i'm done

Ok something like this:
    Code:
        monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Paris
                set_event_counter any_occupied 1
        end_monitor
        ...repeat rest of settlements

monitor_event EventCounter EventCounterType any_occupied
        and EventCounter 1
            set_event_counter any_occupied 0
        ;WEST EUROPE
            if I_SettlementOwner Paris != france
            and I_CompareCounter paris_occupied = 0
                    set_counter paris_occupied 1
                if I_EventCounter is_the_ai = 0
                end_if
                if I_EventCounter is_the_ai = 1
                end_if
            end_if
        end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader Attribute Authority < 5
            and Attribute Command < 5
        ;VENICE
            if I_FactionLeaderTrait venice Venice_Factionleader = 0
            and I_TurnNumber > 0
            and I_NumberOfSettlements venice >= 4
            ;WEST EUROPE
                end_if
            end_if
            ...repeat rest of factions
        end_monitor
    so yeah at least the monitor count is greatly reduced although there are still a lot of GeneralCaptureSettlement
    also there is still the issue when a settlement is captured by the player in AI's turn but well i suppose is not big deal, i could be taken as a sort of reward for capturing the settlement while defending from a sally out xD

The EDIT2 script has some of the problems that my approach had.
    First, when a GeneralCaptureSettlement monitor fires up, the settlement still belongs to the previous owner. So, if HRE captures Paris from its original owner (France), then no additional turmoil will be set. We need the campaign_wait in order to "find" the new owner.
    Second, as you pointed out, there is still the case of the "wrong" turmoil if the capture does not take place in General's faction's turn.
    Third, in the "BecomesFactionLeader" monitor, the "set_counter paris_occupied 0" are of no use since we don't have the SettlementTurnStart monitors. Also, I suppose you put the condition "and I_TurnNumber > 0" to avoid the BecomeFactionLeader events when the campaign starts; if this is true, then this condition maybe reductant if the descr_strat gives to FLs the trait "FactionLeader"; descr_strat runs before campaign_script, so, when those events take place, the FLs already have trait Factionleader = 1.

Anyway, I can write it using only one or two GeneralCaptureSettlement monitors (and I am eager to do so ), but I 'll need from you some specifications:

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    "It wouldn't add turmoil if for example HRE captures Paris from England."
    Should the parisians care if they are not under english rule any more but under HRE rule?

"and also IIRC there is a particular case when you can capture settlements in an AI faction's turn, which is when you are laying siege and the AI decides to sally out but is defeated, this script would then assign the Turmoil value of "is_the_ai = 1" even if the player was the one who captured it."
    True. Then we need two monitors instead of one: one "monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement not IsFactionAIControlled" and one "monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement IsFactionAIControlled"
    But "also there is still the issue when a settlement is captured by the player in AI's turn but well i suppose is not big deal, i could be taken as a sort of reward for capturing the settlement while defending from a sally out xD"

So, my questions are these:
    1) Do you want the additional settlement turmoil only if "Paris" is captured from any faction other than "France" or from "France" only -that is, do you want the additional turmoil if english-controlled Paris is captured by HRE? If it is only from France, it is simpler; if not, I can do it without using additional monitors, but the script will be quite long.
    2) When a settlement is captured by the player in AI's turn, do you want the turmoil that corresponds to the player or the turmoil that corresponds to the AI? If it is the latter, I can do it in one monitor; if it is the former, I can do it in two monitors.

Should the parisians care if they are not under english rule any more but under HRE rule?
    the new administration might be percieved as weaker if not proven otherwise, like occupying the settlement with full stack or something.

1) yeah I like it how it is, activating the turmoil every time the settlement changes owner other than france. If the resulting script with a single monitor is too extensive checking too many "ifs" then it might turn as inefficient as the one with many "GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName X" but with fewer checks.

2) if you can make it work as you say, why not? 2 monitors is still better than the gazillions it had xD

What I had in mind uses a lot of "ifs" and along with (2) the script is over 13000 lines long (but in two GeneralCaptureSettlement monitors). It goes like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement not IsFactionAIControlled

campaign_wait 0.1

set_counter paris_captured 0
    	end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Paris = england
    	and I_CompareCouter paris_captured != 1
    	  set_counter paris_captured 1
    	end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Paris = hre
    	and I_CompareCouter paris_captured != 2
    	  set_counter paris_captured 2
    	end_if
    	;repeat for every faction

; repeat for other settlements

end_monitor

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement IsFactionAIControlled

campaign_wait 0.1

set_counter paris_captured 0
    	end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Paris = england
    	and I_CompareCouter paris_captured != 1
    	  set_counter paris_captured 1
    	end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Paris = hre
    	and I_CompareCouter paris_captured != 2
    	  set_counter paris_captured 2
    	end_if
    	;repeat for every faction

; repeat for other settlements

end_monitor

Without using many ifs, an improvement over the existing script is this:
    Instead of 1 GeneralCaptureSettlement monitor + 1 SettlementTurnStart monitor for each "Paris", we have this
    Code:
    	and not IsFactionAIControlled
    	and not FactionType france

end_monitor

and IsFactionAIControlled
    	and not FactionType france

end_monitor
    And we do the BecomesFL additional turmoil in one monitor.

I've come to think that there no need to bother with the second monitor with isFactionAIControlled, as in hotseat player factions would still count as AI Controlled and capturing settlements in the AI's turn is not that common anyway.

I've come to think that there no need to bother with the second monitor with isFactionAIControlled, as in hotseat player factions would still count as AI Controlled and capturing settlements in the AI's turn is not that common anyway.
    Not true. The "mess" in hotseat is about "FactionIsLocal"-"not FactionIsLocal". But "IsFactionAIControlled" always corresponds to a faction under AI control and "not IsFactionAIControlled" corresponds to a faction under human control.

Just to let know this submod is included in TITANIUM OPEN ALPHA
    in case this needs an update i'll do it but individual development has ceased

Sorry to ask u again meloo, but after reinstalling SS6.4 and adding first your bugfixcomp, addendum 1+2+3 and KER i got this failure after i added the KER files and tried to run the setup

I am somehow to stupid to upload a picture so i will have to tell you waht the setup says:

File data/des_campaign_ai_dbxml does not contain:

<!--////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // SLAVE FACTION AI PARAMS. TEHY DON'T REALLY DO ANYTHING/////////////////////////
    -->
    Operation aborted

I see the new names and ancillaries of HRE and GENOA, but whats the problem?
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

This needs a good update, i'll do it when i clear up some stuff from Titanium.

Sounds good Can't wait for it
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

yeah actually it would be more like porting back the version Titanium has incorporated, as a lot of things were improved there

i keep getting crashes everytime civil war starts in Norway

14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5861 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5864 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5869 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5883 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5884 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5887 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 5887 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga (from: C:\games\Med 2 new)
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga (from: C:\games\Med 2 new)
    14:39:50.168 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    14:39:50.761 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i keep getting crashes everytime civil war starts in Norway

14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5861 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5864 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5869 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5883 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.147 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5884 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5887 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 5887 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga (from: C:\games\Med 2 new)
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga.dds
    14:39:50.149 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway_civil_war.tga (from: C:\games\Med 2 new)
    14:39:50.761 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    You have some missing Files or corrupted names in your Tga Dictionary For the mentioned files in log from other factions like denemark and rename it to the Proper name for the scripts to work
    14:39:50.148 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/norway(Denemark)_civil_war.tga.dds
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast