Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post bugs here

Default Re: Post bugs here

I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this but sometimes when I try to recruit units, like pikemen for example, they either disappear or turn into line infantry. I don't know if its something I did by messing up the files or if its the mod itself.

As Spain, conquered the three regions necessary for New Spain to join you (so that I can directly control their cities and armies), but nothing happened. żBug or intentional?

Pike units work a lot better than in Empire vanilla, but the fact that they still cannot form a hollow square where musketeers can retreat to is sad. Also, the size of pike units and the poor accuracy/low numbers of the arquebus/musket units makes it tempting to turn the mod into Pike Total War. I believe.

I will post this here if it helps someone.

During my Scotland campaign, I was experiencing random pre-battle CTDs against Poland. I narrowed the problem down, using Custom Battle, to the vanilla Dragoon unit.
    The solution was to replace the soldier models for the unit.

Instructions:

1. Using Packfile Manager, open the colmod.pack file. Backup advised

2. Sort the tables by Unit and find all units named "euro_dragoon_**".

3. For each line, replace the value in the Soldier Model column to "2ndragoonreg".

4. I changed every variant (_sweden, _austria, etc.), because they use the same soldier model that caused the crash.

Hope this solution helps anyone else, it saved the campaign for me, since it was impossible to auto the battles and win.

Also, thank you Geronimo for the awesome mod, got exited enough to reinstall Empire one more time

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I haven't once encountered this dragoon problem. I wonder could it have to do with different gamers having different DLCs, and consequently some different entries in the DB tables?

Anyway the next release will tidy up a lot of stuff.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 18, 2015 at 12:53 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

What's the new update progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I haven't once encountered this dragoon problem. I wonder could it have to do with different gamers having different DLCs, and consequently some different entries in the DB tables?

Anyway the next release will tidy up a lot of stuff.
    Can you tell us the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I think you're right; I had another crash against Ottomans, narrowed down to the Cairo Janissaries unit, which is part of the 'Elite units of the East' DLC.

Playing as Scotland, my units randomly change to Highlanders?

English musketeer recruitable as Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderBC View Post
    English musketeer recruitable as Sweden
    They are mercenaries.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thanks your effort and when will release the update?In December or the next year?

A few weeks

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

We can look forward to "Christmas gift" ...?

What can we look forward to in the next update?

Also, please tell me you've taken care of the nasty looking vanilla backpacks.

If you ask me, the rosters for existing factions are very rich. Wish we'd get a CAI and BAI mods. Direly needed.

Because we're making new models it will be maybe a month away. I've already explained BAI will be improved. Spain will have armoured as well as the existing unarmoured harquebusier cavalry. Historically 50% were armoured.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Alright, that is very cool to hear.

I don't remember seeing you talk about the BAI, other than what Lord Necromancer did.

Remember though that to me and others the AI was braindead broken and did nothing on the map, making the entire campaign experience nonexistent. Please at least check how the AI behaves in your game after at least a decade or so in game.

So, over a month has passed. Any updates guys?

Probably the release dates should be discussed in another thread. The good thing is that probably this mod is not too buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by lavergne View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this but sometimes when I try to recruit units, like pikemen for example, they either disappear or turn into line infantry. I don't know if its something I did by messing up the files or if its the mod itself.
    Same here, playing as austria this only seems to affect units i recruited, not those that have been there from the start. I play on win8.1 with a very new computer. I have no other mods installed.
    This sucks, because I remember I stopped playing this potentially awesome mod because of this a longer time ago. It seems to not only affect austria.

So I did a reinstall of the mod after a long time, but for some reason I can't recruit any artillery except for the Puckle guns, and I can't recruit any line infantry(or infantry with firearms in general) at all. Did I do something wrong while installing or is this a well known bug?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast