Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post bugs here

Default Re: Post bugs here

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    The default CA startpos does work with the mod though. So until then you can use that.
    Right, what about the bit about the mod having a lot of the same units as vanilla, though? Is that part of the mod, or have I installed it incorrectly? I only ask because I wasn't sure if 12-24lb cannons and bayonetted muskets were used so early on in the 17th century.
    It should start in 1600 if you use the mod startpos. I always recommend that after someone verifies integrity of the game cash they reinstall our modded startpos.
    I put the new startpos file back after verifying and it repeated the same error. I'll just use the default startpos until the new one comes out. In any case, thank you for the swift reply.
    Last edited by kdub22; June 04, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Provided you are running the file new.pack either in Modmanager or without (see the instructions on the download thread OP for running without) you should have mostly 17th century units.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

see the instructions on the download thread OP for running without
    I looked there and couldn't see anything specific to running it without the manager, though I am already using the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    I looked there and couldn't see anything specific to running it without the manager, though I am already using the manager.
    Here.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thanks, it appears to be all working just fine now. The units, the tech tree, even the startpos, all working fine. I'm not sure, but I think I must have been doing something wrong with the Mod Manager.

Found a couple of issues with the latest release and patch:

1. When playing as England I can't select Newfoundland or any of its towns on the campaign map, and despite owning the region they are all greyed out (image attached)
    2. The United States spawned on the second turn, possibly due to unhappiness and lack of buildings in the Powhatten regions (image attached)
    3. The victory conditions are all still set to the 1700s

Last one isn't a big issue, but the other two are a bit game breaking when playing as England imo

Haven't tried other civs yet, but will report back when I have!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-06-27_00001.jpg   2015-06-27_00002.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Found a couple of issues with the latest release and patch:

1. When playing as England I can't select Newfoundland or any of its towns on the campaign map, and despite owning the region they are all greyed out (image attached)
    2. The United States spawned on the second turn, possibly due to unhappiness and lack of buildings in the Powhatten regions (image attached)
    3. The victory conditions are all still set to the 1700s

Last one isn't a big issue, but the other two are a bit game breaking when playing as England imo

Haven't tried other civs yet, but will report back when I have!
    You can select Newfoundland in the regions tab. I am working on the fog of war issue.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I tried some custom battles. Certain units cause CTD when the battle is loading.

e. g. Austria: croatian musketmen, Rgt. Altheister, light pikemen late
    France: Landsknechts, heavy milita, provincial line infantry
    Sweden: Jaegers, English musketeers

Quote Originally Posted by artabazanes View Post
    I tried some custom battles. Certain units cause CTD when the battle is loading.

e. g. Austria: croatian musketmen, Rgt. Altheister, light pikemen late
    France: Landsknechts, heavy milita, provincial line infantry
    Sweden: Jaegers, English musketeers
    Are you sure you have installed the patch? The patch has to be installed after you install the core files.

I just tested Alt Heister and the light pikemen as Austria now and they work for me (see below):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also try running Steam as Administrator in case its that sort of issue.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 27, 2015 at 04:51 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Geronimo2006,THX your update,but the backpacks are still have,could you delete them?And the loadscreen picture how can change?

You can select Newfoundland in the regions tab. I am working on the fog of war issue.
    Yes, I worked that out. You can also select the port as the export of furs creates a trade link and reveals the FOW. But can't select any of the villages and towns as they are all in the fog.

Is there any easy way to solve the problem of the USA spawning?

Bugs so far, Playing as Sweden...

1. The music is American indian on a loop..except when you end turn. then strangely the music is European again, before resulting back to Indian again.
    2. When clicking on the recruit unit cards, there is no card for Pikemen, they simply show what was clicked on last.
    3. You can recurit English Musketeers? and unlimited amount!
    4. There are two army's that start on the finish border, they can not be moved until second turn. Not a biggy.
    5. A Russian army moved into finland...it was a walking flag. When i go to attack it, the game crashes every time. (when you click to load the battle).Edit: All Russian campaign models are gone.
    6. Naval battles..not sure if the hull value is to high, fighting against 2 40gunners, they never lost a single cannon in 1hr battle.
    7. United states declare independence in 1606!
    8. Went to play first land battle Swedish army v Norway at Norway capital, crashed before entering battle as with the russians. Will have to test if any land battles work now.
    9. Puckle guns that didnt exist then are available to recruit from the off and armys are equipped with them from the off as well.
    10. Confirmed, Russia has invisible campaign models...this one is game ending.

Playing as Austria.

1. Same Indian music.
    2. Light / medium Pikemen same stats, yet different prices!
    3. Incorrect unit cards (in information box) when clicking on peasant infantry i think (shows Halberds).
    4. Various initial army's non movable at the start.
    5. American independence on turn 1.
    6. First land battle Austria against Saxony capital, crashes on the battle loading screen again.

Think im going to leave this until you sort the issues out...its currently unplayable for me.
    Last edited by Poacher886; June 28, 2015 at 06:04 AM.

Greetings Geronimo2006first off I just want to salute you for this amazing mod it is incredible!! I cant believe you were able to mod historical event messages from the 17th century as they happen!! That is a very nice touch with the mod that helps with the immersion. Is it possible in a future release that you can actual have events or scripts that would affect the campaign?? Or at least missions at the beginning of the campaign that have to do with historical missions in the 17th century? Hey Poacher I am sorry the battles dont work for you but they work for me! Make sure you followed every step in the instalation to the letter. Including placing that patch. The only bug that bothers me so far is why is there a united states after 2 turns? Hopefully this can be fixed. One last request Geronimo2006 is it possible you can have historical potraits for real generals at the time like you did with the agent Sir Issac Newton....? That would help immensely with the immersion. Thank you sooooooooooooo much for creating the magnificent experience for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Greetings Geronimo2006first off I just want to salute you for this amazing mod it is incredible!! I cant believe you were able to mod historical event messages from the 17th century as they happen!! That is a very nice touch with the mod that helps with the immersion. Is it possible in a future release that you can actual have events or scripts that would affect the campaign?? Or at least missions at the beginning of the campaign that have to do with historical missions in the 17th century? Hey Poacher I am sorry the battles dont work for you but they work for me! Make sure you followed every step in the instalation to the letter. Including placing that patch. The only bug that bothers me so far is why is there a united states after 2 turns? Hopefully this can be fixed. One last request Geronimo2006 is it possible you can have historical potraits for real generals at the time like you did with the agent Sir Issac Newton....? That would help immensely with the immersion. Thank you sooooooooooooo much for creating the magnificent experience for all of us.
    Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Poacher I am fixing the Russian missing model as we speak and I will be uploading a patch shortly.

Credit for the historical events must go mainly to HusserITW the former leader of the mod.

Poacher I am working on the issues you mention but I think some of them are questions of taste rather than bugs. I will be uploading a patch probably tonight which will put back the missing campaign map models. To address the USA issue, that will require a startpos edit.

I will introduce limits on the English musketeers. However I would inform you that a very large English force was defending the Palatinate during the Thirty Years War (maybe 30,000 largely English mercs).

Personally I am finding the release much more stable than its predecessors. There were things I wanted to include in this one but I am being more cautious because if its rushed and there are problems, it will be harder to find in a needle/haystack way.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 28, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

How are people able to play battles?, the only part of the install i didnt understand is the patch....i replaced the Col file with the patch one..is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    How are people able to play battles?, the only part of the install i didnt understand is the patch....i replaced the Col file with the patch one..is that correct?
    When you extract the patch you will see "Colmod.pack" in there. You extract to the data folder and will be prompted to replace "Colmod.pack" with the new one. You click yes to do so.

It is also VERY important that if new.pack (last years mod) is in your Data folder, that you must remove that or you will get conflicts/crashes.

It is also critically important that you install the core files before the patch. Because the patch is overiding some of the old stuff.

Also very important is that you don't have other mods hanging around in the Data folder, as that too may cause conflicts/crashes.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yea did all of this as suggested? and it was a clean install. Only added mods are "No trails" and "lingering smoke and muzzle flashes" from Napoleon. These mods have never effected any mod before and indeed work fine in custom battle

Yea did all of this as suggested? and it was a clean install. Only added mods are "No trails" and "lingering smoke and muzzle flashes" from Napoleon. These mods have never effected any mod before and indeed work fine in custom battle
    There you are. Try running without them.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Made no difference.. i didnt expect it to, they are only a graphic tweek and have never had issues with all the other mods. Basically sea battles are fine, but loading a land battle you get maybe 5% of the load bar then a sound stutter then CTD. Never had it before with any mod ive ever tried.

Just to confirm, when i move the patch file over i "move and replace" yes?
    Last edited by Poacher886; June 28, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Made no difference.. i didnt expect it to, they are only a graphic tweek and have never had issues with all the other mods. Basically sea battles are fine, but loading a land battle you get maybe 5% of the load bar then a sound stutter then CTD. Never had it before with any mod ive ever tried.

Just to confirm, when i move the patch file over i "move and replace" yes?
    The only mods you should have in your Data folder are:

colmod.pack
    Col_models.pack
    col_loc_en.pack
    Col_ui.pack
    Colo_events.pack
    Pikeman_animation_MOD.pack
    patch_general_andy's_musket_sounds.pack

If you have played last year's versions of this mod, there is a risk you still have the older versions in the Data folder. Make sure this is not the case.

Very important you install the user script properly.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 28, 2015 at 06:40 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast