Thread: Stainless Steel - Changing units affecting campaign

Icon5 Stainless Steel - Changing units affecting campaign

Recently I've changed/added new units to my Stainless Steel game but when I tried to test out a campaign I found out that I couldn't play any campaign with a difficulty higher than "Medium". It will just CTD. Mind you I could play at any Battle Difficulty but just not the Campaign Difficulty. My new units haven't even been added to the recruitment lists yet and I have made sure that all of their old names have been changed. The problem can't be the descr_buildings file because I could still play a campaign so long as it was "Medium" or "Easy". I've never encountered a problem like this before.

These are the files I changed to add in my new units:
    export_descr_unit
    export_descr_buildings
    descr_rebel_factions
    export_units
    battle_models
    descr_mercenaries
    descr_strat

What could be the issue here that it's affecting the Campaign Difficulty I can play my games at? It has something to do with my unit additions but it doesn't make sense that I can still play a campaign, it just can't be on "Hard" or "Very Hard" difficulty or else it'll CTD. What files should I take a look at in order to troubleshoot this?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Stainless Steel - Changing units affecting campaign

You also need to check campaign_script.txt for any nonexistent units it's attempting to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    You also need to check campaign_script.txt for any nonexistent units it's attempting to spawn.
    If I could kiss you I would! There was an old line that contained the name of an old unit; once it was gone the campaign started working again. Thanks!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Validator-v1-0

This tool searches campaign_script and a bunch of other files for units (and other things) that don't exist.