Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default Re: [Preview]The Roman Empire Part II-Tagmatic Units.

Quote Originally Posted by ray243 View Post
    But isn't most of the provincial Tagmatic units infantry rather than cavalry?
    Well Tagmatic units were primarily cavalry and a part only infantry.
    Over the time the infantry regiments grew in numbers as the constant campaigning led to an increase of a imperial tagmatic infantry which accompanied the cavarly during the Byzantine reconquista.

Further to that, the increased number of Tagmatic troops led to gradual replacement of the part-time Thematic armies with the professional Tagmatic ones.
    However the system was about to became a victim of its own success. The professional Tagmatic troops made the Empire secure of her enemies during the 11th cent.
    As a period of relative peace followed the gradual replacement of the Thematic armies, the central authorities didn't see any need to maintain the great numbers of the Tagmatic troops and the Tagmatic troops were in their turn neglected and shrunk in numbers. This has been done partially due to the mistrust the non-campaigning emperors had for the army and its highly ambitious aristocratic officers.
    The situation was put to test during the Seljuk invasion with the well known events.Just imagine the huge effort Alexius Komnenos has done in order to rally the scattered tagmata when he faced the Norman invasion,
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Great pics and descs! Thanks alot!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Anto you are always right, ALWAYS! Whatever you say: you're right! Whatever you write: You're right! Whatever you do: You're right! Even if I disagree in some minor detail , no matter: You're right!
    I would be ready to die for you, defending the walls of Byzantium in the last stand (as historically did the the Genoeses)!
    TGC is the best Mod of the century!
    I would have done that with you, breast to breast my dear Diocle. Sadly we defended Citta Vittoriosa with success but Constantinopolis was lost. Long Live the Empire.

Cheers

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    I would have done that with you, breast to breast my dear Diocle. Sadly we defended Citta Vittoriosa with success but Constantinopolis was lost. Long Live the Empire.

Cheers
    Yes even because all those powerful Western Kingdoms were no more interested in the Empire of Constantinople, and this is a shame and a strategic error, if you think that the Turks were a threat for the HRE and they almost conquered Wien!

Superb as always ! !
    The most beautiful visuals are all those different and detailed faces: I love that !
    Keep it up.........

The units look incredible!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Yes even because all those powerful Western Kingdoms were no more interested in the Empire of Constantinople, and this is a shame and a strategic error, if you think that the Turks were a threat for the HRE and they almost conquered Wien!
    To be fair, most of those kingdoms had quite some problems of their own. Nonetheless, they, especially from the Hungarian side, managed to organize a few crusades, the last crusades, in an attempt to hold the tide. It's another matter that the tide overcame them, just as it did us...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

How is it going? Are you going to redo the entirety of the Thematic roster?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    How is it going? Are you going to redo the entirety of the Thematic roster?
    Yes. Just redoing the models with the ones we created for Tagmatic ones while waiting some extra material to continue our Islamic rosters.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I have yet another question, sorry but I am very interested in this mod, what type of dynastic specific units will be given to each Islamic dynasty? I imagine Turkic and Sudanese units will be available but what kind of others can also be included?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    I have yet another question, sorry but I am very interested in this mod, what type of dynastic specific units will be given to each Islamic dynasty? I imagine Turkic and Sudanese units will be available but what kind of others can also be included?
    Each islamic roster has the following:
    Local troops (example Beduins).
    Arab settlers from the time of the arabic expansion.
    Spesific mercenary or allied troops (example Daylami units or ellite berber bodyguards).
    AOR based units (example Armenians).
    Slave based units where there will be slave markets.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Awesome, sounds pretty extensive. Thank you for the quick answer.

I can't seem to be able to see the images, photobucket bandwidth limit strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    I can't seem to be able to see the images, photobucket bandwidth limit strikes again.
    True i will re upload them to Postimage.org
    Imageshack requires a payment (premium account) to be able to upload, Photobucket has the bandwidth limit...
    Postimage deletes images only if one of them has no views for entire 6 months!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    True i will re upload them to Postimage.org
    Imageshack requires a payment (premium account) to be able to upload, Photobucket has the bandwidth limit...
    Postimage deletes images only if one of them has no views for entire 6 months!
    Imageshack does not require a payment at all. I've been using imageshack for years. Barring that, you could always try Imgur.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Imageshack does not require a payment at all. I've been using imageshack for years. Barring that, you could always try Imgur.
    My friend today it does..
    I used Imageshack for more than 3 years now..True untill a month ago it did not require a payment. But when i tried to upload the Tagmatic unit images i got the message that i must upgrade my acount to premium inorder to be able to upload an image.
    Old images are still there but no new images can added unless upgrade to premium account.

I notice that to Imageshack requires payment.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

delete/sorry

Archagetes's Avatar Libertus

Wonderful units, looking very forward to command them!

Varakiel's Avatar Laetus

Very detailed research there!!! For first time I do not see the simplistic "Cataphract" unit, but also the divisions (Scholae) of those soldiers who instilled fear on sight. Hope you guys complete your awesome work. Cannot wait to play vs the Bulgarians...
    What about the music? Some byzantine ecclesiastic music would be great and make a nice atmosphere.
    A full playlist here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWs...1E175FA32BB43F
    As well for Kievan Rus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBOM...UFXJZQ&index=0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast