Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Ressource] Opening thread: "Total War: Rise of Mordor"

Default Re: The Rome II Lord of the Rings Mod

This is the roster for the Gondorian faction. I listed the models and units we have to create for a base of the faction.

@my team:
    Now we can really begin with work. Please write with which parts you want to work. We still need a experienced texturer for the models. Maybe he could edit the UI then, too. If you know someone who could make this things, please write me in this thread or in a private message.
    I'm not VERY experienced in modelling so I'll work on swords, arrows and spears. Maybe someone knows a skilled 3d-modeler, too.

@wangrin and Sheenai:
    Do you agree if you (wangrin) may provide us a universal file for the body parts and you (Sheenai) may provide us a universal file for animations? I'm going to create an universal file for the equipment in that case. Then we have our three files we can use to build a base.

Regards,
    Vikus
    Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; April 19, 2014 at 03:44 AM.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Dude with the Food wrote me. He offered me to create some quotes for the loading screens and also some other texts. I think this is an intelligent way because especially adages are mostly the same in both types of mods. I added him to our group so now we have a developer of the TW:ME mod.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I'm quite busy this week.
    I will try to do something, most probably next week.

I propose to create :
    body shape base model :
    .max base : roman_skin1_shape1.max
    models :

• afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape28.rigid_model_v2 to afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape36.rigid_model_v2
    • barb_full_bearded_skinbb01_shape1.rigid_model_v2 to barb_full_bearded_skinbb06_shape6.rigid_model_v2

The tutorial to use is this one : [Tutorial] How to bring an external model into Rome 2 Part 1: Set Up and Helmet.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

First of all: some pictures of the sword for Gondor I'm working on.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Does it have any significance that the models have different shape numbers or are this numbers only because there are different unit parts for the bodys? Maybe it's a stupid question but I havn't really examined the files which come with the assembly kit yet. In addition the .rigid_model_v2: did you exported it from the game or can it be found in a file of the assambly kit. You don't have to make a big tutorial now, only a little explanation.
    In the tutorial I read that there aren't specific bones in the .max files for equipment. They are rigged in the model editor. So I have to make an equipment-file where we can easy place the models in the right direction.
    Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; April 22, 2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: no big "spam" pictures

urgently needed:
    • experienced modeler(s)
    • experienced texturer(s)

You seem very organised. Best luck for the next!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I will but Rome 2 just because of this mod

I have still to model some details but here some pictures of the "finished" sword:

Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; April 22, 2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: no big "spam" pictures

urgently needed:
    • experienced modeler(s)
    • experienced texturer(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    I have still to model some details but here some pictures of the "finished" sword:

Looks great good job!
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

Thank you!

Here are two bonus pictures:

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Really nice! May be it is a bit too far detailed for R2TW!

Yes, maybe you're right. I didn't tested it yet but I think it would be awesome to give in addition the players with gaming-pcs an overwhelming game experience with our mod.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

How much polygon ?
    It should be possible to use prooptimizer to reduce polycount.
    Moreover, the highpoly model could be used to create the bump map.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Yes, I worked with prooptimizer for the angmar sword, too. It's clear that the game can't handle very high-poly objects. But I created it so we have a hagh-quality base model. It has over 10500 polys -> TOO MUCH for games run on normal computers

Ok, the sword + UV base map are created. I'm going to upload it in our cloud.

Problems and previews

Converting sword_1.CS2 into sword_1.rigid_model_v2
    Error:
    Code:
    Texture folder: variantmeshes/_variantmodels/man/sword/tex ** Processing WARSCAPE::RS_STANDARD_V5 ** VERTEX_LIST_CLEANER cleaning 33863 to 33863 vertices. ERROR: Rigid mesh 'Sword_1_lod1 Subobject 1' is missing texture 't_albedo'. Mesh Sword_1_lod1 Subobject 1 missing required textures Writing file: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war rome ii/assembly_kit/working_data/VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/sword/sword_1.rigid_model_v2 Mesh 0 Lod 0 shader standard 61785 indices 33863 vertices Attempting to write XML file... Failed. ===================================== Duration: 664 msec(s)
    I took the shield file from the assembly kit as a base and replaced the four shield-lods with four lods of my sword. In the assembly kit folder I created a new folder under man next to armor, helmet, ... named "sword_1". In this folder I created a "tex" folder where i put the UV_pattern in the different ways (_diffuse, _gloss, ...). Next to the tex folder I placed the sword_1.max and sword_1.CS2 file. Then I exported sword_1.CS2 with BOB and it gave me this error. Do you know how to fix it?

TWeak issue

I started TWeak and then the Unit Editor plugin. The 3d scene is only grey with some silhouettes hard to see. Is it a bug of the tool?

Second Gondor sword preview

Here're some pics of the second sword I modeled:

Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    Yes, I worked with prooptimizer for the angmar sword, too. It's clear that the game can't handle very high-poly objects. But I created it so we have a hagh-quality base model. It has over 10500 polys -> TOO MUCH for games run on normal computers

10500 O.o, too much for a character too :p

In a next gen game, (like BF, or AC) for exemple they have less of 10000 polys I think.

A sword for a TW game need 100 or 200 polys max. Detailes will added with the normal map

Yes, but it's no problem to have a high-poly model as a raw file I think. For integration it's easy to reduce them quickly with prooptimizer. This is a very nice tool because the UV mesh won't be deformed after it.

Very cool to hear of this mod. I followed Third Age Total War's development for 2 bitter years before the outstanding mod came out. Unfortunately M2TW is just too dated for me these days. I find it hard to play. Looking forward to see some progress on this mod.

Groovy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast