Thread: [Ressource] Research thread

Default [Ressource] Research thread

This thread is for researches to preview pictures / 2d art, 3d models or texts!

We ONLY use self-created or LEGAL models so I advise you (member or not) to post ONLY pictures or texts here which are LEGAL and do not violate any copyrights!

Jox25 gave some nice links from the TF3DM model source. Here're some previews of models we didn't create but maybe integrate into the mod:

Balrog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Frodo:

Gandalf:

Gollum (Smeagol):

Saruman:

The polycount is between mid- to high-poly so we have to test if we should reduce the polycount for the most detailed lod.

Edit:
    I got the models from "The Free 3D Models" and here's the license:
    "All the models are uploaded by users, thus thefree3dmodels.com is not responsable for their content. For any copyright infringements (if you are the copyright holder) please contact us. Furthermore the models are not hosted on thefree3dmodels servers nor ucoz's. This files are licensed under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. In short: you are free to distribute and modify the file as long as you attribute it's author(s). Hosted by uCoz"
    Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; June 05, 2014 at 11:07 AM.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Default Re: Research thread

Mordor Troll:

Moria Troll:

Edit:
    I got the models from "The Free 3D Models" and here's the license:
    "All the models are uploaded by users, thus thefree3dmodels.com is not responsable for their content. For any copyright infringements (if you are the copyright holder) please contact us. Furthermore the models are not hosted on thefree3dmodels servers nor ucoz's. This files are licensed under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. In short: you are free to distribute and modify the file as long as you attribute it's author(s). Hosted by uCoz"
    Last edited by Vikus van de Merwe; June 05, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=153431
    Minas Tirith. Pretty high quality. The only one thing is permission for it.
    I also remember one guy who have created Black Gates for TATW in 3d max or smth like this. But that settlement was too good for med2 engine.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; June 20, 2014 at 05:28 AM.

Clenvey's Avatar Foederatus

As it seems, nobody want to give us a high-quality model "for free", wich is understandable. But your page to the "Project Minas Tirith" was an public free-to-use project, but unfortunately I am not able to contact them.

Default Re: [Ressource] Research thread

mordor would be nice to see the skin of Bactria roxolanos or, if not possible to modify the campaign map