Thread: [Sub Mod] 2 TPY Campaing Movement for DEI mod (including Naval Overhaul)

Icon1 [Sub Mod] 2 TPY Campaing Movement for DEI mod (including Naval Overhaul)

This mod was created to play with DEI, and was inspired by the fantastic mod Authentic Ancient World for "Divide et Impera"

This mod is based on the historical representation of authentic ancient travel times, of that mod, but adapted to my concept of authenticity vs game-play for a 2 turns per year movement range and designed to compensate for the lack of forced march.

This mod includes a naval overhaul based on such mod but a slight faster pace. Transports are faster but weaker keeping the upper hand for navies vs transports, but still allowing the later to land troops on a mixed battle before is too late

This mod is compatible with Authentic Ancient World for "Divide et Impera", and I would recommend using it with it
    but is a stand alone version and can be played by itself.

DOWNLOAD:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238138614&searchtext=
    Or
    Check the attached file

REQUIREMENTS:

a) It requires the Divide et Impera mod to work properly

WHAT DOES THIS MOD OFFER?

1. Extended movement to compensate for no forced march and calibrated for 2tpy (it is fully compatible with other turn per year mods, but IMO works better with 2tpy)

2. The area of control of armies, towns and navies is slightly increased to make movement in enemy territory difficult, as opposed to your own territory. The increase of reinforcements on some battles adds a new layer of strategy.

3. Extended naval movement (for navies, transports inherit their movement points from their armies but still have a fairly decent range). with extended naval movement your navies finally are able to support your advance and quickly reinforce your backyard.

4. A naval modification based on the principles of Authentic Ancient World for "Divide et Impera" ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=233366963 ). Read the change log of that mod to get the heads up from @alecwermuth himself.

NOTE:: If used with Authentic Ancient World, my mod will load first (on the original mod loader), which means you will get my campaign movement points and Naval battle overhaul mechanics, but will still enjoy the rest of his mod.

COMPATIBILITY

+ Compatible with DEI 0.82a
    + Patch 9.1 and
    + Probably beta 10 (have not tried it but should work)
    + Any graphical mod
    + Any tpy mod
    + If used with any mod that changes the battle entities tables, and the land and main units tables, needs to be loaded first to cause any effect

CREDITS:

@alecwermuth for inspiring me to create this mod, and for providing excellent and historical calculations

To the DEI team for making Rome total war 2 the game it deserved to be.

Please do not hesitate to provide feedback, I may change certain values based on it and my own ongoing experience with this mod. If you like my movement pack but don't like the naval overhaul speak your piece and I will make a version without it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by andrewdrakelive; March 14, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

Default Re: [Sub Mod] 2 TPY Campaing Movement for DEI mod (including Naval Overhaul)

Good sir, will you be making a 4TPY variant?

Default Re: [Sub Mod] 2 TPY Campaing Movement for DEI mod (including Naval Overhaul)

Compatible with DEI 0.85? Game don't launch with this mod.

I have not updated this mod because I been rather busy, and only not so long ago I was able to fix my Rome 2 game. But I will update this mod, and will make a 4tpy variant too since I started a 4tpy campaing two days ago