View Poll Results: Announcing Sir Adrian to the Curia...

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PASSED][Citizen] Sir Adrian (Patron: Inkie Pie)

Icon1 [PASSED][Citizen] Sir Adrian (Patron: Inkie Pie)

Letter of Introduction I have been friends with Sir Adrian for a while, having immediately been impressed with how quickly and maturely he adapted to TWC upon joining. No teething period of spam, closed threads and deleted posts. No e-adolescence of winding up on the wrong side of the ToS line or taking things personally and lashing out. It was instead a straight path to being a stand-up guy around town, and quality recruit for the Librarian division of our site's staff. Though such work tends to be opaque to the external eye, at the very least I can say that his relational service in the build-up to the latest Scriptorium competition was exemplary, as he made sure to put considerable effort into individual messages encouraging people to participate, in some cases his words being a decisive push-factor to joining.

Beyond this I will firmly vouch for his behaviour and posting-habits, for though he sticks to a few key locations in the CC like most of us, where Adrian comments it is very often constructive, and as a rule never boorish or ungentlemanly. From day one he has always been a kindly fellow who likes to welcome newbies, provide advice to people when he can, and add valuable (except when he disagrees with me, of course ) input to discussions.

We have been biding our time for this application since August, and it prides me to finally present to the CVRIA this more than worthy fellow Devian applicant. Welcoming to newcomers, polite, hard-working, dedicated to the site and interested in the direction it takes, I am certain that Sir Adrian will make an excellent citizen of the new age.

Applicant's paragraph Greetings and salutations CVRIA

I stand before you today seeking your judgement and humbly requesting that you accept me within your ranks.
    I first discovered the site while searching for a Medieval II mod allowing me to play as Wallachia. I found Clouds Across Europe, but I also found a dedicated and helpful community unlike any other I have seen in my long years of posting on forums. For that reason I felt compelled to lurk for a about a month before finally settling in October 2012. It has been over 1 and a half years since that day and I have not regretted one second of it, for over time TWC grew on me to the point where today it occupies almost all the time I spend online. Initially I spent most of my time in the Medieval II section until I discovered the Thema Devia, which has been my “home” ever since.

Personally I believe that a forum is only as good as the community that inhabits it so for that reason most of my posts are focused on creating a friendly atmosphere by either helping anyone I can whenever I can and generally spreading good cheer and joy through the use of my rather limited ability at humor. In that regard I am actively engaged in several community building activities in the Thema Devia such as participating in, and on very rare occasions maintaining, the light-hearted forumplay game we have going on in the Chat Thread, which both brings old users closer together and makes new users who choose to participate feel included thereby strengthening the local community as a whole, welcoming new users in the “Welcome” thread (those who stumble upon it anyways ) answering any questions they might have and/or guiding them to various areas of the forum and ever so rarely giving advice regarding minor things. Beyond that I’m also active in the Questions and Suggestions area, though I used to be a lot more active in the past months, where I am frequently answering questions and trying to help other users solve their problems, even though my technical expertise is not exactly vast and the omnipresent Ishan or mishkin beat me to it most of the time (seriously, how do they do it?). I also keep a very close eye on the comings and goings of the Forum Magnum, Curia and Tribunal and post in the aforementioned threads somewhat regularly.

As for my more tangible contributions to the forums I have joined the Librarian staff last year on the 5th of August and became Local Moderator for the Game Reviews Section, alongside Luna after Mhaedros left. I received my Bronze quill In October 2013 and my Silver quill about a week ago. My duties as Local Moderator of the reviews section are to check all posted reviews for plagiarism, make sure the meet the required criteria and add them to the reviews catalog.

In my tenure as Librarian I participated in two Writing Competitions: the Summer 2013 Writing Competition and the ongoing 2014 Winter Writing Competition.
    Due to me joining 5 days after the Summer competition has started I did not receive any entries, even though I was placed in the Themed Category but I did help to popularize the competition by regularly posting announcements in every chat thread on the site. Additionally, I helped several new participants enter the competition and understand the rules, also answering any questions I could either via PMs or in the competition thread in the Q&S and Rome II forums, plus reviewing the winning entry for each category and helping to choose the Librarian’s Choice winner.

My involvement with the current writing competition is much more extensive. I helped set the theme for the contest and was placed in charge of the Short Category. In that capacity I was tasked with receiving entries for the short category, checking them for plagiarism, checking if they were not posted on this site before, checking them for anything that might give away the identity of the author, formatting them to meet the requirements, constantly keeping in touch with the authors in case they desire to make modifications or any errors are spotted, posting them in the appropriate thread and creating the poll once the submission phase has ended. I have also been heavily involved in promoting the competition wherever I could and answering any questions potential or current contestants had/have and I also plan to write the reviews for this year’s winning entries.

My main contributions as Librarian however have been adding articles, voting on articles proposed by others, writing a review for Scriptorium editorial and updating the Utmost Contributors Catalog. Thusly between the months of October 2013 and January 2014 I have added 15 articles between the months of September and January. The process of adding articles to the Scriptorium involves browsing the site for articles, evaluating their quality, opening a poll in Librarian fora and moving it to the Scriptorium main or the archives depending on the result. Overall the whole process takes about several hours depending and how many articles I find.

Articles added to the Scriptorium:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Game-Editing
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-Normal-Maps
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...arts-explained
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...the-Kievan-Rus
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...of-recruitment
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uilding-System
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...initions-files
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-far-did-it-go
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Is-Not-Enough
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Naval-modding
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-I-use-them
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...otoshop-CSS%29
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tory-Narrative
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Campaign-Map
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-startpos-esf

Updating the Utmost Contributors catalog was by far my meatiest contribution to the forum. The last time that catalog was updated was in March of 2010, by our resident tiger Hobbes, so it was grossly out of date.

Since there was no database of articles the process required me to go through each of the ~1060 entries one by one and sort them by author, check for any username updates that might have occurred since the article was added, fix any broken links or outdated [user] [/user] tags and remove all double entries.
    Overall this task took me about 40 hours to complete, spread over a period 6 or so weeks, and it resulted in a thread which catalogs every single entry and author found in the Scriptorium which I am currently updating every 1-2 months. The purpose of that thread is to both ease future updates of that catalog and as a back-up tool for general Scriptorium maintenance and checking for double entries.

Articles Sorted by Author thread (only viewable to members of content):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...of-07-02-14%29

For those of you who can't see it is like Catalog 6 only ~10 times larger.

That just about sums up my biggest contributions to the forum. Hopefully you will find them sufficient.

As a final addition to this already long application I would like to add that I have no moderation history whatsoever and that if you do accept to make me a Citizen I intend to do my best to prepare the world for the imminent ascension of emperor Diamat and his brony……errrm I mean I intend to be heavily involved in all matters pertaining to the Curia, from proposals to patronization and beyond.

Recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax

Sir Adrian has always struck me as one of the most promising newcomers around. He first made his presence known in Thema Devia, where he still is a constant source of good-natured humour, always courteous and respectful towards others. Then, for some unknown reason, he opted to join this mysterious fraternity which dwells in the gloomy catacombs beneath the Scriptorium. I would have loved seeing him working for one of TWC's established publications, knowing that he clearly has what it takes to become an excellent writer. Sir Adrian's praiseworthy commitment to the site extends well beyond his staff duties, as I've seen him more than once volunteering for various tasks around the forum. No doubt that once he obtains his well-deserved badge, Sir Adrian's star will continue to shine brightly in the Curial firmament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Luna

Mr. Adrian, yes, I know him from the TD, and the Scriptorium where he joined 7 months ago. Before I got in charge.
    You might not all be familiar with all we do there, but Sir Adrian surely is a hard working and deserving member of my branch of content. In his time he has added 15 articles to the script, and a good bunch to the game reviews directory, where he volunteered to help me after Mhaedros left. In addition to this he has shown great spirit and motivation. He is often the first to get around to vote for new articles, and corrects my mistakes at a regular basis. He has also done amazing work when updating articles. Even the ones requiring him to look through the entire script and note down all the articles and authors.

Besides his work with that he is a good guy with no infractions and a good and mature attitude, and would have no problem with him as a citizen and I hope you see the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord William

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Curia, It is with pleasure that I recommend Sir Adrian for Citizenship. My personal experiences have seen that Sir Adrian is friendly and helpful to those around him. Having worked with him within the content branch I can easily say that he is a hardworking and dedicated member of the forum. These are all the qualities which members should strive towards and citizens expected to follow. My esteemed peers and colleagues the decision is yours to make, though Sir Adrian has my full support.

Lord William

Applicant's profile.
    Last edited by Inkie; March 14, 2014 at 04:24 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Default Re: [Citizen] Sir Adrian (Patron: Inkie Pie)

Some of the links are broken, 404 errors. Fix this Inkie.

From a quick glance it looks like his main contributions are as a librarian and his local moderation, which is harder to quantify (the type of thing that we are struggling with) and thus some citizens might not see it as an obvious case. Though besides his application, recommendation from content director of script really sheds light on the potential he has & has already shown.

It would be an honour to have Sir Adrian as a citizen imo.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

I think his record so far shows that he is willing to commit time and effort to the community. With the recommendation of other users that he is a polite, helpful and decent person to have around I feel that he should be brought into the fold. His contributions and character should be noticed and the community which he has enhanced should reward him with Citizenship.
    Proud to be under the patronage of Calvin.
    Patron of Lysimachus

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    I think his record so far shows that he is willing to commit time and effort to the community. With the recommendation of other users that he is a polite, helpful and decent person to have around I feel that he should be brought into the fold. His contributions and character should be noticed and the community which he has enhanced should reward him with Citizenship.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, Junius.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Sir Adrian is the most active and hardest working Librarian I've seen in a long time. He is always participating in discussions and involved in behind the scenes organization projects. He's submitted a lot of articles to the Scriptorium, which does take a considerable amount of time to do correctly, finding the article, checking for plagiarism, formatting, updating catalogs, etc... He has also been centrally involved in two writing competitions, no small feat by any means. All of the behind the scenes work involved in this can be very time consuming, and Adrian has attacked it with the utmost dedication. I also always see him posting around or answering people's more questions, and simply being helpful and friendly. This old owl is long overdue his red wings. Now is the time to reward him the red wings and allow him to fly!

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

He's Citizen material for sure.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I will be voting yes. Why? Not only do I know him to be a hardworking and committed member, but he is also friendly and engaged with the community. Having known him for some time, I can speak with certainty: he deserves citizenship.

And because I don't weigh "contributions" as being that important for citizenship, for all I care he could have half as much in that department, and I'd still vote yes.

Hoot hoot!

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

Welcome back Sir Junius.

And Sir Adrian is known to anyone who is linked to writing. He has also good promise as a writer. To sum it up, add in the good attitude and we got a excellent addition as a citizen.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

I've only seen a view posts of his before my break but what I read on the first glance is very promising.

Besides, that actually does it for me:
    Spoiler for sold
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Sir Adrian is the most active and hardest working Librarian I've seen in a long time. He is always participating in discussions and involved in behind the scenes organization projects. He's submitted a lot of articles to the Scriptorium, which does take a considerable amount of time to do correctly, finding the article, checking for plagiarism, formatting, updating catalogs, etc... He has also been centrally involved in two writing competitions, no small feat by any means. All of the behind the scenes work involved in this can be very time consuming, and Adrian has attacked it with the utmost dedication. I also always see him posting around or answering people's more questions, and simply being helpful and friendly. This old owl is long overdue his red wings. Now is the time to reward him the red wings and allow him to fly!

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Okay, I just removed and replaced the hyperlinks. How very strange, they had worked for me just fine in the preview. Do they work for everyone currently?

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

He's not a citizen yet ? Seriously ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie Pie View Post
    Okay, I just removed and replaced the hyperlinks. How very strange, they had worked for me just fine in the preview. Do they work for everyone currently?
    They work for me.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Ah, this one is an obvious yes!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post

I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Absolutely not. We don't need another bird in the Capitol. They keep trying to steal my food...

In all seriousness, there is very little that can be added to Stealth's post. Adrian has been a consistent hard worker in the Scriptorium, undergoing numerous projects that are far less than glamorous. A lot of work is done behind the scenes in the Scriptorium, and Adrian has mastered it in the short amount of time he has been there.

Easily a yes.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Give him the Gold, he's more than earned it....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Like Ink said: Clean Moderation History.

Adrian is in many ways a picture-perfect Citizen candidate. He is social, friendly, hard working and have a well developed spirit of community. It should be apparent to most that this candidate is not only ready, but overdue. And here's a great argument for that:

Actually I was making initial requests to patronize him myself when I learned that Inkie Pie got his paws (Hooves?) there first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    How much did it cost? Does cafe press ship to Romania?

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

I say gentlemen, a poll in the honor of Sir Adrian.

Happy to support a fellow writer, particularly one this hard-working.
    Son of PW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast