Thread: The Other End of the Quill

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default The Other End of the Quill

Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; December 30, 2014 at 05:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Other End of the Quill

Cute anime girls with camera's aside, I thought I'd give y'all a little insight into my life beyond my writing. Which doesn't make much sense considering you're reading what I'm writing now. Go figure.

"But f0ma!" you cry. "You're so busy with university, how do you have time to start a blog? More to the point, how can you have time to write a blog, but not updates your stories? Or, even more importantly, how come you're not reading my stories?!"

Ahem... err, there's no one answer to all of that. My life is pretty hectic, that's true. Learning Chinese isn't an easy task and I honestly should be working on that now. Yet I long ago mastered the art of procrastination, along side the equally enviable skill of being able to do just enough to scrape through life. Why am I not updating my stories? Well, I have been writing. I just haven't been writing TWC things. I'll get to that in a bit. Why haven't I read your stories? I don't actually have a decent excuse for that. I really want to read everything going on in the Study, but alongside being pressed for time, I just haven't been in the reading mindset. Which sucks for everyone. It's nothing to do with individual stories, because I'm a fan (and prospective fan) of many of the tales being spun at the moment. It's not that they don't captivate me or inspire me, it's just that I don't want to read anything. I've got a sneaking suspicion that it might be because I'm having to read so much at university that I just don't want to read anything whenever I get some free time. That still sounds like a lame excuse though, so just take it as no excuse whatsoever and accept my humble apologies. Rest assured there's a lot on my to-read list and I promise to get around to all of it eventually!

The point of this blog then? I have quite a lot of blogs knocking about actually; I think I have a little addiction to them. Nowadays I only semi-regularly update one, which is a kind of academic blog where I talk about Chinese history and literature. I have some gaming blogs here and there which occasionally see their author's return, as well as some other random net-diaries for various things. I can't promise this blog will see regular updates, but, considering my updates have slowed to a crawl, it would be nice to have a place to let people know I'm still alive. I am really fond of this community and contrary to my poor participation, I am striving to become an active and permanent member here on TWC. Whilst I can't update my stories all the time, I'd like to have a platform to tell y'all why and what's going on with me. I guess the main point of this blog is for me to ramble on about what I'm writing and the problems I'm encountering with the whole writing process.

To this end, and to return to my earlier point, why don't I update my on-going stories here? Motivation. In a nut shell, that's it. It's a shame and it's a really difficult problem to explain. It's not writer's block. It's actually the opposite. When someone encounters stereotypical writer's block, they don't know what to write. With me, when I know what to write, I don't want to write it. For example, I've planned out the next thirty or so updates for The Road to Kyoto (making allowances for in-game randomness). Yet because I've planned them out, I don't want to write them. Well, that's not strictly true. I do want to write them, but I'm not motivated to. It's a strange feeling and one I've battled with as an author ever since I was a child. My literary 'career' is an endless string of unfinished tales and grandiose plans. I think see myself as both a writer and a reader when I write. When I know what's going to happen next it takes the thrill out of writing and I lose interest. That's why my best (and only, honestly) writing is done in short, energetic bursts, before the motivation to write runs out. I once knew another aspiring author who complained that they had an incredibly fickle muse. I fear I have the ficklest.

My only 'success' story is my novel, which survived the initial burst of motivation to actually see a second; albeit six months later. In the combined span of less than a week I penned 45,000 words, which is a pretty crazy personal best. Yet that's been gathering dust for a year now. The only reason that managed a second burst was because of NaNoWriMo. It started as an official November story and I worked on it for about three days before losing interest. Then when Camp rolled around the next April, I returned to pen another few chapters in a similar amount of time. Only the feverish fervor of NaNoWriMo has ever been able to make me return to a story in such a fashion, and even then only for a few days at a time. There's something about the atmosphere of the event that actually gets me motivated to return to my stories. I'm busy in April, but maybe in the second Summer camp I'll pick up that story again...

Hmm? The Road to Kyoto? I don't even know, I'm sorry. As I say, it's all planned out and ready to write, but I struggle to find the motivation for it. That's not to say I don't appreciate all the praise and kind words that it's received. I'm honestly grateful to each and every person who has dropped by to compliment what is, in my own opinion, a pretty poor attempt at a story. I don't consider it a good example of my writing. In hindsight, I don't really consider anything I've posted on TWC to be a good example of my writing, aside from my recent Scions of Chrysanthemum and a select few of my olds songs. Some of the stories have their charms, but none of them showcase my skill with a quill. My, my, this is starting to sound egotistical. My apologies. What I'm trying to get at is that I want to write something I can be proud of, wherein I feel that I've done the best I can. To me, The Road to Kyoto seems rushed, amateurish and lazy. I almost feel like I'm cheating myself when I write in that style. Granted it's my natural style, but it requires no effort on my part, which irks me. I don't try to make it a well-rounded story, I just bash out words and be done with it. I don't want to write like that anymore. I don't feel justified as an author. So I have no motivation to write something that takes no effort. What a sorry excuse I am indeed.

What is going to happen to it? I don't know. I don't want to promise anything, because I've gone back on my promises so many times they're meaningless now (apart from the promise to go and read everything in the Study when I get the chance! That still counts!). Yet I don't want to say I'm abandoning it either. I might put it on indefinite hiatus for a while. I'm not motivated to write it, so it's better to just honestly admit that now. When I wrote 'see you in another nine months', it was honestly a joke, I didn't think it would turn out to be so prophetic. So yeah, it's not dead, but it's not alive either. I'd like to take this chance to apologize to everyone.

I think perhaps I'm not suited to writing serials. On-going and consistent writing doesn't seem to be my forte. Although it honestly really does appeal to me, my experiences with it have been underwhelming in terms of updates. It doesn't really seem to be something that 'practice makes perfect' will solve either and that's a route I'm skeptical of going down. I don't want my legacy to be a multitude of half-finished stories. I adore the concept of AAR's though and I've had so many ideas for new ones to embark on. Yet I'm coming to the realization that I'd never be able to finish them if I started them. Is that reason enough to not even try?

I'll always want to write something new. That's how my muse works. When I want to write, it's when I've been inspired by something, be it a film or game or book or what have you. I always want to emulate what I've just experienced in my writing. For instance, today I was reading about Chinese factory workers in the 1950's and I though, 'man, I'd love to write a story about some Chinese factory workers!'. Dumb isn't it? Yet those flickering embers of motivation hardly ever last a few days before they're buried amongst all the other unused story ideas. There's nothing longstanding that inspires me to return to the same thing, just little things that inspire me to write similar things. Things, things, things. I don't know, I'm too tired for synonyms.

For these reasons, I feel I'm more suited to short stories and poetry. In fact, it's always been that way - why lie? Yet that doesn't mean I don't want to write longer pieces. I'm not sure. Perhaps I should return to write short stories again more seriously. I'd like to have a series of short stories, in the same setting, perhaps sharing the same characters here and there. I guess that's what I achieved with my Tales of Trenton series, although that's hardly good writing. I like the characters and I have returned to them since, but I think the fact I'm blatantly ripping off the Great Gatsby annoys me. I want something unique and original to pursue. There's a lot of sci-fi knocking about TWC, which I'm not adverse to. I enjoy my fantasy too, so maybe I could work around some of those ideas to create a literary world to call my own. It's asking a lot of readers I feel, to immerse them in a world of my own devising, although perhaps not as bad as making them try understand a dual chronology revolving around a blend of faux classical Chinese history and fact (Spring Morning actually takes a lot of effort to research for, which kind of defeats the point of doing my 'easy 55 word' format thing, hence the slower updates).

So, there are things on the horizon, that's something you can take away from this. It might not be Kyoto, but it'll be something. Maybe some crazy fantasy or sci-fi (although I prefer -punk stuff, as opposed to space operas). Maybe even my novel, although that's a tricky subject. Although I know it'll never get published (if it ever even gets finished!), a small part of me still hopes, which makes me reluctant to serialize it here. I've debated with myself a lot over it and I could potentially do it, splitting up each chapter into four 2,000 installments and posting them every one or two weeks. Yet, I'm not 100% I want to. Plus that means committing to actually finishing it, which is whole other ball game.

Other than that, what else do we have to cover? Poetry? I have actually been getting into poetry again recently. It is up online somewhere else. I'm not sure I really want to post it here, although it's not entirely out of the question. Only problem is, it's not particularly pleasant to read and, going by my experience writing it, I wouldn't want to inflict that kind of pain on y'all. I'm proud of it still though and I think it's good anyway.

Urrr, anything else, anything else... I don't think so. There probably is, but it's getting late and I'm getting forgetful. Thanks for reading if you made it this far and once I again I apologize for the ambiguity regarding what's going on with my writing. I'll figure something out eventually and hopefully get stuck into a project soon!

Much love,

~ f0ma
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; March 13, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I noticed something very strange today. I was penning a potential new story and I began the first installment in third person. Everything was going well and I was fairly content with what I had written. However, half way through the second installment I noticed a significant drop in the quality of my prose. I looked back over what I'd written and realized I'd switched to writing in first person! What a strange correlation. I'd always considered myself to be adept at writing in both first and third person, yet now I'm beginning to think differently. Writing in first person comes naturally to me, so it's very easy, yet I also don't think about what I'm writing. When I write in third person I seem to put much more thought into my choice of wording and into how my audience will potentially react. Maybe this is a little Achilles Heel of mine perhaps. I think I've tended towards third person in the past, so I'm not sure where this recent penchant for first person writing has come from. I think I'm much more confident with third person prose now though.

Apologies for burdening you with my errant thoughts,

~ f0ma

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Not much writing as of late. I'm still undecided on what project I'd like to pursue. The world involving Trailblazers is an interesting one, although I don't have a decent enough idea to follow it up with. It's also a bare-faced rip-off of something else, which irks me somewhat. I'm tempted to leave it as is for the moment. I did pen the opening to a potential new AAR, which I alluded to in my last post. I really love the game in question and I've logged many hours on it. I have drafts for other AAR's centered around the same game, although nothing that jumps out at me as a story I'd really like to pursue. The idea of restarting The Road to Kyoto with a fresh writing style is appealing though and I'm still toying with the idea, despite my earlier comments.

Real life concerns are plaguing me at the moment however. University is becoming increasingly stressful. On top of that I'm woefully under-prepared for a conference speech I'm giving in two weeks time. My health is also worrying me and I think I've finally mustered up the courage to request some medication from my doctor. I've taken the week off and I'm going to my GP tomorrow to see if I can work something out. Hopefully I can stabilize my health and my workload in the coming weeks, get my finals out of the way and then take some time off in June. I could really just do with some weight off of my shoulders at the moment.

I hope I find everyone well. I've noticed a little more life in the Study as of late and I definitely have a lot of stuff to read for when my schedule eventually clears up.

Au revoir ~

Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; May 23, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

March? March!? Wow, I haven't touched this in a while. I've actually been meaning to, but I just kinda kept forgetting. I actually wanted to write about protagonists and how I approach them, but that never happened. Maybe one day!

I did finally get a new AAR off the ground, after much complaining. I'm enjoying it so far and looking to update it soon. I wanted to use Camp NaNo to expand on it, but I'm not sure if I will this time around. I do want to update in July though. But what with the World Cup in full swing, I've been a bit distracted. I'm not usually too into football, but the World Cup is the exception - it's hard not to get into the spirit of things. I don't even support my national team, but whatever. Also I'm not really in a good writing environment at the moment (lack of a desk first and foremost), so that's a big contributor too. I'll be heading back down south next month though and I should have some nice time to myself to get work done. Moving about a bit again in August, then I should be back to my new house and away from my folks in mid-August. That will probably be the next big slot of time I have for writing, although with university on the horizon for mid/late September, I'll probably have to get studying again at the same time.

Truth be told, my work ethic last year was really poor. I'm really going to try and keep on top of everything next year. That means less video games first and foremost and a more regimented study schedule. Writing wise, I'm not sure how much it'll cut into my time. I'm hoping I can juggle everything efficiently, especially if I start gaming less. As enjoyable as it is, I don't want to waste any more time at it when there's a degree at stake. I was really keen to buy a budget PS3, but that really won't be a smart idea. I do love my course though (if you couldn't tell), it's just a question of motivating myself to work more. Cutting out video games will hopefully help a lot towards that. I'll probably still play Final Fantasy XI, but I'll try not to binge on it. Other than that, I'll really try not to play much else.

There's a word in Japanese called tsundoku. It means to collect, but not read books. That's the problem I have. My hardcopy book collection stands at something like 150; mostly detailing East Asian history and literature. I've read about 10 of them, which is really shameful. Yet they're all books I want to read! I just don't read them, because whenever I get the choice between reading a book or playing a game, I'll play a game. So that's something I really want to do next year; read more. I'll actually be learning Japanese with any luck next year (along with ancient Chinese, which is gonna be a huge pain), so at least I've learnt one word already!

So that's kinda that I guess, update wise. Less gaming, more studying in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to write more too. I've been mulling over some fantasy ideas for a while now and recently picked up some old cyberpunk-y ideas too from the past. I want to focus on my AAR for the moment though, before I attempt a new CW project.

Anyway, I'll sign off for the time being. Take care!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

20/07/2014

Had a bit of spare time today and a sudden urge to write. Started work on a very surreal AAR. I remember I used to write some very surreal and weird stories a few years ago. Recently however my writing has been a bit more serious. I like to think it has some of these psychological undertones, but nothing really overt. This story is super weird though! It's a story I've kind of been vaguely thinking about for maybe a year now, but it's taking a very different shape to what I originally planned - although the setting is the same.

It's actually the first thing I've written in about two months, since I launched Thunder. Pretty crazy that I haven't done anything since, but the World Cup obviously took up about a month. Thunder is definitely going to continue, but I just haven't found the kind of personal space I need to really get to grips with chapter two. Hopefully next month when I move into my new place. This new story is totally different though, with a lot shorter chapter lengths. On a tangentially related note though, I was researching some stuff for university and I had some new ideas for Spring Morning. I think I can definitely see myself updating that in the near future - my current academic research overlaps very nicely with the story's setting, which is neat.

So yeah, fingers crossed for a lot more writing in the near future. I can definitely promise a new chapter of Thunder next month, plus maybe a new mini-AAR and some Spring Morning updates. Road to Kyoto probably won't see anything just yet, but I'm warming up to the idea of returning to it. I never said it was canceled, just on hiatus. Unfortunately it will be on hiatus a little longer - there are just other projects I want to focus on. But before all that I have a huge amount of WS/CQ work to do. I better sign off before SK and m catch me slacking off!

Ciao!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

28/07/2014

It's been an okay month overall I guess. I managed to get a nice long weekend to myself, which is the first I've had since I left university nearly two months ago. My stress levels have gone right down, which is always a bonus. Now just three more weeks of family before I can leave again and get some peace and quiet so that I can get on with all my work.

Having not written for so long it's so weird to be getting back into the groove of it now. As I mentioned last week, I did write a little of a potential AAR, but the motivation died for it after a day - as with many of my projects. I like what I have written, but it's not a story I'm super excited about writing anymore. I've written the first chapters of so many AARs now, I was thinking about showcasing all of them somewhere; just to let y'all know what you're missing out on! One of them even had a video trailer!

So what have I actually accomplished? Well I did write a whole bunch of entries for Spring Morning. I hadn't updated it in ages because it was a lot of work to do the historical research, but I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the characters. I think the protagonist Lady Xiaoli is my favourite character I've written in a long, long time. I guess because the entries are so short that might not come across to the audience, but she just has so much personality when I imagine her. I really love writing her and remembering that has given me a bit more motivation to keep the story updated, since it had fallen by the wayside for a long time up until now. I originally wanted to write the story as a longer piece of prose - instead of the 55-word thing it's warped into - and indeed that's still an idea that sits in the back of my head; the fortunes and tragedies of a noble family over the Ming and Qing periods. Yet I really like the dynamic I have going on in Spring Morning and Xiaoli works a lot better as a character in that format for me. I think it's because she's modeled after Sei Shonagon (who I adore), so the diary format just seems the most suitable. But yeah, when I was writing the new updates the other day, I wrote Xiaoli's diary and then I didn't want to write the accompany Guo Ke one - because I just enjoyed writing Xiaoli so much. Then I started writing Guo Ke's one and got super carried away! Refreshed in my mind a lot of the reasoning behind the dual-story aspect though, so I know why I chose to do that in the first place. I was originally concerned about how interesting it would be from an overarching story perspective, but I think I'm starting to come to turns with that after the last update. Stringing things together and citing previous entries to make it a little more cohesive. It's still nice to be able to write anything I want though in these little self-contained tales. Anyway, hopefully more to come from that in the future!

I also finally got started on chapter two of Thunder! I've been meaning to get back to it for ages, but a lack of motivation, plus not having much personal space really killed those plans. But having some free time this past weekend I managed to get about 1,300 words down. I'm liking the direction it's going in so far. One of the problems in the first chapter was the really shallow characters. Liu Zaowen in particularly just seemed so one-dimensional to me - like he didn't have a personality at all (which is something I kind of parodied in that mini-AAR I was talking about, but it swiftly moved into a weird psychological journey). I kind of told myself that, hey, it's going to be a long story, so no need to rush these things - but that still seemed a little wrong to me. He's still not developing that quickly now, but he's got a bit more flavour. This is kind of moving more into what I wanted to discuss in my potential protagonists post which I mentioned a few updates ago, so I'll put a pin in that and return to it later. Anyway, I am kind of liking how Sun Zhuang is developing. I think he has potential to be a really interesting character and someone I'll enjoy writing. At the moment he's still a little shallow, but in terms of where I want the story to go he's going to get a lot more fleshing out; more than I have planned for Liu at the moment. Fa Huang was probably the most colourful character in chapter one and that trend is continuing in chapter two, so if you liked him then there's more to come! I'm not sure I'll have too much time to work on the story in the near future - but I'm sure it'll get an update in August when I finally get myself to a desk!

So I guess that's all I wanted to talk about today. Thanks for reading!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

15/08/2014

Just going to leave that there.

Last time I popped over here to talk about what I was working on, it wasn't very fruitful. Yet this is what I've been talking about ever since I started this blog and I don't want to keep going on about it. So, let's just hope my current muse sticks around for a while!

Very busy of course with content work, amongst other things. Wrote a little bit of something today, but that was the first really since I started chapter two of Thunder in my last entry - barring one Tale of the Week entry. The rest of this month looks like it's going to be very busy too, then September will be even busier. I'll just play things by ear and try to write whenever I have the time and motivation. Reading...err...I need to do more of that! I sort of know what's going on with people's stories, but I need to try and make some time to properly get to grips with them. But as I say, it's been busy busy busy on a lot of fronts. People have a ton of really cool projects going on across both scenes and there's a lot of stuff I'd like to check out; I've just been pretty limited to a CQ perspective though, which is unfortunate. That also might be the case for a while, but again I'll see what I can do. I'd like to get chapter two of Thunder done this month if I can, but granted I've been saying that since May...

It segues into a broader problem of what I want to do with AAR entries. When I was first writing Kyoto, I really enjoyed the short 1,000 word length updates, as they were quite manageable. Yet as I progressed, I found them too stifling and I'd end up just trying to cram everything in to the detriment of quality - one of big reasons I've been so reluctant to return to it. Thunder is of course very much at the opposite end of the spectrum and has a structure based on my long-suffering novel. I love 8,000 word chapters, but I'd be the first to admit they aren't brilliantly suited to AARs. It's also a lot more easier to burn out on them for longer periods, which compounds the existing problems I have. It is a project I'm still working on though.

This all leads to other things I've been working on. The ill-fated project I mentioned a few updates ago was a lot less rigid in terms of word count, as are some of my other ideas. Having a more fluid structure might do me some good; especially as my time will be even more pressed in the near-future. On the other hand, I do want to better dedicate myself to my projects. My thoughts on Kyoto haven't changed - it's both something I want to write and don't at the same time. Either my head or my heart isn't in it, but I just can't tell which sometimes. Thunder was obviously a big project that I didn't undertake lightly as well. I was hoping to make a better bent in it over the summer though, but things just didn't pan out that way. That all leads me to being reluctant to embark upon something new, even if I get an opening chapter or two written down.

So yeah, more excuses and apologies, just like always! For what it's worth you might see something from me if my motivation holds out - but no promises.

Sayonara~

Addendum:

Actually, on reflecting on Kyoto especially, it might not be tenable. Recently, my laptop just can't handle those kind of games. I don't think it's a virus, but my laptop often just shuts down when trying to run modern Total War games - as well as things like EUIV and other things that are quite demanding. I think my laptop just needs a clean and a fix, but it might just be getting old. As such, to try Kyoto again and have to rely on my laptop to such a degree might actually be impossible. So I don't know about that.

That's one reason I embarked upon Thunder. As choppy and horrible as Shogun is, it doesn't take a toll on my laptop. That gives me hope for things like Rome and Medieval 2. I'd probably have to go down a mod route if I wanted to do an AAR based on one of those, but it's an option I've considered. There are definitely some non-Total War games that I've been interested in pursuing too. Yet that's just speculation really.
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; November 30, 2014 at 06:41 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Well it's been nearly I week since I started Yokai. I can honestly say that it's been so much fun so far! There's a lot of reasons for this I think. First of all it's obviously got a very different aesthetic to it, what with having a bit of a paranormal edge. It's the direction I eventually wanted to take Road to Kyoto in, but this is obviously right off that bat instead - which makes it really interesting to write. I also think I'm doing really well at blending together the humour and seriousness of the story. Whilst my stories have always had that dry, cynical humour, Yokai is doing it a lot better than the others I think. At the same time, it's also got the quality of writing that I want - something missing from Kyoto. As such, it just feels like a really lively and colourful piece, so I'm enjoying it. The characters I'm really liking as well. Kyoumu is slowly moving away from my usual bland style of protagonist and shaping up into something a bit more complex. Tsuya is still quite bland, but chapter two starts hinting at a new side of him, which I'd like to explore more. Then there's the new character introduced in chapter three...

Did I not mention there's a chapter three? It's something I wanted to do with Kyoto originally; always stay an update ahead of schedule. Didn't work in the end, but fingers crossed this time! Above all though, I think the reason I'm enjoying it is because I don't know where the story is going. I have a very vague idea of what I want to accomplish in the next few chapters, as well as some more people I'll be adding to the cast at a far later date, but that's really it. I have next to no idea of what's going on, which means I'm enjoying the story. I've complained incessantly that I lose my motivation to write when I already know what's going to happen, so I'm going to try and not plan ahead and put that theory to the test.

I still have a month left of my holidays, so there's still definitely a ton of time to write - indeed this has been the time I've been promising to get stuff done in all summer. I've also started to catch up with my reading here too; I'll try to get round to everything on my list! I'm still busy doing other things though, so I can't promise to get all the stuff I want to do done, but I'll try.

I guess that's it for quite an upbeat entry if I do say so myself!

Sayonara~
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; August 21, 2014 at 06:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

11/09/2014

I've thought about writing another entry so many times now, just because Yokai is such an exciting project and I just want to talk about it all the time. I didn't want to bore y'all though. Still, it's honestly so much fun to write. Definitely the best thing I've attempted in my time here - just in terms of it being a story that I really want to write. I guess Kyoto was kind of similar at the start, but I don't remember being as excited about it as I am Yokai. I finished Chapter 7 last week and it sent shivers down my own spine! I think I'm going to have weekly updates too - so a new chapter every Friday. I'm two updates ahead now, so that should be doable. As I mentioned before, the shorter updates are really nice. I feel like I'm approaching them better than Kyoto though, in a less rigid way. Things have got a bit dialogue heavy, which is a trap I fall into, but I'm trying to remedy that. Overall though, I think Yokai is the project I want to put my time into now. I always get paranoid about jinxing myself, but I'm going to believe in myself and in my story and say that I will complete this one! Everything else will have to fall by the wayside unfortunately (sorry to everyone who enjoyed Thunder), but I really want to write Yokai and I want everyone else to enjoy it as much as me.

So yeah, Yokai, Yokai, Yokai, Yokai. Go read it!!

Sayonara~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

30/11/2014

Just messing around. Speak peak from my workbench!

Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; November 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

30/12/2014

So I picked up a new laptop for Christmas. I assumed that, it being new, it could run games fine, but I've encountered some difficulties with my graphics in regards to Shogun 2. I'm not very tech-savvy at all, but I'm hoping I haven't shot myself in the foot here, buying a new laptop that can't even run the game properly. The last thing I want to do is abandon Yokai, but I'm a little worried about burning out this machine in the same way as the old one. I need to look into it and see what it can and can't do.

Technical difficulties, always technical difficulties...

Edit:

I double checked my specs and everything should be fine... Will have a look to see what I can do about boosting the graphics.

On the plus side, I just started watching a new wushu cdrama and it's given me sooooo many ideas for Yokai! Things are going to get interesting, that's for sure!
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; December 30, 2014 at 06:21 PM.