Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Thread

Default Re: Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LawL_LawL View Post
    LuciferHawk do you play DeI on max unit sizes? I remember seeing your Nvidia panel settings showing 560 or 580 as your graphics card and I have an EVGA GTX 780 and can't run everything maxed with your mod + Nvidia settings with DeI on Ultra unit sizes. Well, I can, but it lags me to hell and back before I can finish a battle.

Same for me here, i have a GTX 770 and i have extreme laggs with more than 3000 people on the field. i cant even play higher than "Very High"

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

I dont think graphics card alone helps there. I play on SSDs and have high quality RAM + quad core too.

Windows rates everything with 7.4 and graphics with 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I dont think graphics card alone helps there. I play on SSDs and have high quality RAM + quad core too.

Windows rates everything with 7.4 and graphics with 6.1
    I think my biggest problem here is Windows 8.1 ^^ Forces me to use 4.2 (i think), and together with Aztecs lightning the results are "okayish", but still not what i desire.^^ Well, still thanks for your great work!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LawL_LawL's Avatar Ducenarius

Ah I wasn't aware of the RAM and hard drive stresses. I'm actually surprised it would even do that, as I merely assumed the maxed graphics would be visually taxing to render and everything else would be fairly manageable for the most part.

I lack real SSD space, having only like 120 GB running my OS and essentials.

Everything else I have on hand is not lacking I don't think. 16 GB of RAM from Corsair, can't remember which model but it's not more than a couple years old.

I actually kept Unlimited Video Memory checked and went around tinkering with my graphics RAM clock speeds and found some improvement :/

Not really sure what to think, but the SSDs and perhaps a slightly inferior processor is all that stands out. Does Rome 2 really reach across so many components for hardware demands? Again, really wasn't aware of this, if this is the case. Really surprised.

Gorgeous screens though, I can only run mine mostly on Ultra, with a few things that I really don't mind too much toned down to Very High like tree/grass distance rendering.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by LawL_LawL View Post
    Ah I wasn't aware of the RAM and hard drive stresses. I'm actually surprised it would even do that, as I merely assumed the maxed graphics would be visually taxing to render and everything else would be fairly manageable for the most part.

I lack real SSD space, having only like 120 GB running my OS and essentials.

Everything else I have on hand is not lacking I don't think. 16 GB of RAM from Corsair, can't remember which model but it's not more than a couple years old.

I actually kept Unlimited Video Memory checked and went around tinkering with my graphics RAM clock speeds and found some improvement :/

Not really sure what to think, but the SSDs and perhaps a slightly inferior processor is all that stands out. Does Rome 2 really reach across so many components for hardware demands? Again, really wasn't aware of this, if this is the case. Really surprised.

Gorgeous screens though, I can only run mine mostly on Ultra, with a few things that I really don't mind too much toned down to Very High like tree/grass distance rendering.
    SSDs speed up Rome 2 for me alot. I cannot say about other components cause I didnt change them since I started playing R2.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    SSDs speed up Rome 2 for me alot. I cannot say about other components cause I didnt change them since I started playing R2.
    I just moved the game components on the SSD and well... much improvment ^^ not as much as i would have expected, but nonetheless, settings are a little higher now and game looks good

Sometimes improvment can be so simple xD

GEM+Aztec environment

CPU: i7 4770k
    RAM 8GB
    Video card:Radeon HD 5850

You don't need a super PC.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Greetz from Germany.

I play your MOD.
    Here you can see the attack on Arretium in Italy by Ligurian troops.
    It was a tough fight and I made a total of 140 pictures. There are 30 pictures for the beginning.

DEI MOD WITH GEM.

No photomontage or improvements of the image.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added spoiler

Dudok22's Avatar Foederatus

Ohhh nice screens! I am looking forward to finaly buying new PC to be able to play on those settings!

Custom battle that turned into a Cannae like battle, only with elephants this time . Some units are edited, but this is all possible with DEI! Not the greatest of graphics but at least it shows Punics, Iberian, Celtics, and Numidians working together to kill Roman scum :'D
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added spoiler

I love the last one very much...

Quote Originally Posted by kanzy View Post

GEM+Aztec environment

CPU: i7 4770k
    RAM 8GB
    Video card:Radeon HD 5850

You don't need a super PC.

Could you please get me all of your GEM settings?, im having problems reaching a good balance in the light and i really like yours.Thanks
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Could you please get me all of your GEM settings?, im having problems reaching a good balance in the light and i really like yours.Thanks

I use Aztec's GEM settings, you can download it from here an attachment at the end of the first post.

Aztec recommended Gamma 14, brightness 12 but I've set mine to Gamma 19, Brightness 10 so play with the settings and find what suites you best.

Remember everyone that Rome 2 is Heavily CPU bound. Your GPU isn't really struggling to run this game at all as long as it's decent. It's the CPU bottlenecking due to the fact that warscape is an old engine, and doesn't properly utilize all of your cpu's threads.

'Here's Jonny!'
    [IMG][/IMG]

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Nice one Ocelot Guy on the right has face like "WTF" Good to see this topic is growing
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Nice one Ocelot Guy on the right has face like "WTF" Good to see this topic is growing
    The officer headbutting through the shield, screaming profanities made me laugh. Was a lucky find when I was snapping some shots from the melee.

I enjoy these threads so the least I could do was contribute. I tried using GEM but get alot of grainy effects over the screen that I have been unable to clear up, but will have a play around. Some of the ones above are stunning.

Great pics but please utilize spoilers.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Today I tested an Alternative GEM-Version uses GEMFX-Alpha, highest quality and got this result.

For Anyone that wants to try these alternative GEM versions go to the first post in the main GEM thread and check out the optional files and user settings section.

Quote Originally Posted by 0celot View Post
    'Here's Jonny!'
    [IMG][/IMG]
    LOL