Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105120 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2547

Thread: Screenshot Thread

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default Re: Screenshot Thread

Second screen! It's epic. Well done Icarus!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Charging the enemy with your barbarian mates is all fun and games until one of ya is flipped directly into the pikes!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Nice, Icarus, very nice!

#2 and 3 is the night battle, right? Looks actually quite different than mine, more bright and 'pale'.

#1 and 2; I've noticed very strong distortion effect there. Is that vanilla distortion or something something else?

I'm not too sure if it counted as a night battle or a "fog" battle if that exists, I was defending so didn't get to choose. No one had any torches out anyway

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by distortion either, but it's probably a combination of things. I know that I upped my anti-aliasing settings for the latter ones.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post

Charging the enemy with your barbarian mates is all fun and games until one of ya is flipped directly into the pikes!
    He was probably trying a special move

sima4641's Avatar Laetus

[IMG][/IMG]

Noticed a lack of naval snaps in this thread. So here's some from a little pirate hunting I did in the black sea.

Last edited by Icarus Smicarus; November 19, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Smicarus View Post
    I'm not too sure if it counted as a night battle or a "fog" battle if that exists, I was defending so didn't get to choose. No one had any torches out anyway

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by distortion either, but it's probably a combination of things. I know that I upped my anti-aliasing settings for the latter ones.
    Yes, indeed, they bear no torches. It must be the 'fog' battle then as you said. Contrary to what one should expect, these foggy battlefields don't look so appealing in terms of graphics, unfortunately. CA have recently made some improvements to the night battle environments, but these are still below par I would say.

The distortion effect is one of those filters you can check in your graphics panel. It makes the distant landscape look blurry as on some of these pictures you've posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by sima4641 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    A nice pic, sima!

Rome vs Getae.
    Legion in anticipation of the coming battle.

Getae are coming

Battle

Finale.
    Last edited by Alexander78; November 20, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Nice ones man! . Was this battle part of a campaign you have going? I've noticed you mostly post Romani.

Nice ones man! . Was this battle part of a campaign you have going? I've noticed you mostly post Romani.
    Thanks Icarus.
    Yes, this battle is part of my campaign for Rome. For various reasons, I never managed to finish the Roman campaign. This company is third or fourth, can't remember exactly. With the release of new patches and updates for DEI, I started a new campaign by changing the economy strategy, military technology and expansion plans. Now I have enemies in all factions except the Hellenes who look at me and think to declare war on me or not. I don't have enough legions and fleets to block all possible intrusions. Let's see how long I can hold out this time.) When I pass the campaign for Rome, I will be ready to consider other factions to pass.

Haha I know what you mean. I've started quite a few different campaigns as both the Antigonids and Roma over the last few months. A bit common but they are my favourite factions. I'm really a bigger fan of the Polybian Roman army so I tend to lose interest after I get big enough for those reforms to fire. Planning to carry this current campaign to the end though .

Anyway, some more screens.

"The brave, ready for action"

Cool screens as always Icarus. Night fight or cloudy weather? I've been getting attacked all the time lately when it's raining. I guess they really like the looks of the blood on the puddles.)
    Haha I know what you mean. I've started quite a few different campaigns as both the Antigonids and Roma over the last few months. A bit common but they are my favourite factions. I'm really a bigger fan of the Polybian Roman army so I tend to lose interest after I get big enough for those reforms to fire. Planning to carry this current campaign to the end though .

Polybian is good, but my weakness is legionnaires late reforms, as you have already noticed.) But the thing is that as soon as I carry out the last reform, everyone starts to declare war on me and the company turns into a continuous series of battles that bleed my unfortunate Roman Empire and bring me various difficulties.) One turn can last more than an hour, because I enter into two or three battles with different factions. It's exhausting, but war is war. No one said it would be easy.)
    Some screenshots from the last fight. Protection from another attack.

Last edited by Alexander78; November 22, 2018 at 05:45 AM.

Nice pics guys

@Alexander78
    What's your Ambient Occlusion's level ? have you tweaked your HDR levels too ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post

@Alexander78
    What's your Ambient Occlusion's level ? have you tweaked your HDR levels too ?
    Hello Greek Strategos. I was adjusting my graphics using these graphics tools GEM and ReShade and continue to experiment. I also use some graphic mods. For me it would be more clear if you explained what "Ambient Occlusion's level" is.)) If this applies to specific GEM or ReShade settings I will report. I apologize for my incompetence in this question.
    I didn't tweaked HDR levels but after your post I'll try to do it.)
    Last edited by Alexander78; November 22, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

Caesar in Gaul campaign.

Battle vs Tulingi

Accepting his fate

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Cool screens as always Icarus. Night fight or cloudy weather? I've been getting attacked all the time lately when it's raining. I guess they really like the looks of the blood on the puddles.)
    Cloudy weather haha. I should do more night battles because they look rather awesome.

Here's a few screens from various conquests:

Mopping up the last rampaging Galatians in Cappadocia

My ally Arche Bosphorus requested assistance in liberating of Pantikapaion from the Skythian menace and I was happy to oblige.

Punitive expedition deep into the Skythian hinterland. (not sure these posies on the ground are all that personally but they do give off something of an expressionist quality.)

Field battle just for good measure

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

A lot of great pictures lately, congrats to everyone

Really nice, Icarus! There are a few masterpieces among those pics!

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Really nice, Icarus! There are a few masterpieces among those pics!
    Indeed. We could recheck some of them when we're adding loading screens for DEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hello Greek Strategos. I was adjusting my graphics using these graphics tools GEM and ReShade and continue to experiment. I also use some graphic mods. For me it would be more clear if you explained what "Ambient Occlusion's level" is.)) If this applies to specific GEM or ReShade settings I will report. I apologize for my incompetence in this question.
    I didn't tweaked HDR levels but after your post I'll try to do it.)
    No worries buddy, SSAO = screen space ambient occlusion is something about making shades more realistic, it mostly generates a "Cloud" of shadow under units and between units where light has a tougher time reaching without bouncing off of a surface or two. That's is