Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Incursio Pyrrhi New preview @ #67

Default Re: Incursio Pyrrhi New preview @ #67

Maybe in the future i will make one, i like this period a lot.
    Yes i have a lot of material from that era.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Hey mate, any updates on the current state of Incursio Pyrrhi?

Cheers and many thanks

Sorry but no,
    its nothing big left, only the main Pyrrhus army left 10 units), the test script is ready, i like the two scripts from Col.kanKrusha, its the final run...

Cheers

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good news though

SIT LUDOS INCIPE

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    SIT LUDOS INCIPE
    When do the games start? This weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    When do the games start? This weekend?
    They have started... soon the first previews.
    I believe in a month the release...

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Magnifique!!!! Will be here for that!

KEA's Avatar Senator

This really looks impressive!

Over the last months I had been busy fixing errors and importing units from DBM (general permission granted). Unfortuantly I so far failed to fix the various problems with siege battles. I have a vague idea that the problem is related to the map, but I don't have any experiences in that terrain so I am trying to import the settlements from DBM instead, but until now only came up with black buildings.

Well not really good, until now. Indeed I had allready given up all work on PI, but with EBII now out I'll give it a new try.

Any help would be welcome: in particular how can I import the DBM settlements to PI?

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    This really looks impressive!

Over the last months I had been busy fixing errors and importing units from DBM (general permission granted). Unfortuantly I so far failed to fix the various problems with siege battles. I have a vague idea that the problem is related to the map, but I don't have any experiences in that terrain so I am trying to import the settlements from DBM instead, but until now only came up with black buildings.

Well not really good, until now. Indeed I had allready given up all work on PI, but with EBII now out I'll give it a new try.

Any help would be welcome: in particular how can I import the DBM settlements to PI?
    Great news that you r working again the PI.
    I am doing the same going from mod to mod until i find the inspiration.
    I already using parts from DBM but only parts i keep the body from PI, its more detailed, and i want to keep the uniformity. Now i am making the Pyrrhus army, 6 or 7 units in total maybe more. The Pyrrhus invasion is ready, the Cleonymus invasion is almost ready, the fantasic work from Col.KanKrusha is imported. Many EDU fixing now the units hold the line during the battles, especial the hoplites and the phalanx.
    We r removing the walls from the cities, i hope it will works. And many other things like the sounds from TheRiddle2406 r imported, new music...etc
    I am trying to say that we r almost there
    The settlements to import is one of my dreams, i have try it and i am find it to complex for me, i dont even know witch files i must change to do that, Sorry. But i see that you r near, the black means that it dont read the textures, i think.

We can merge our work to make a new patch for PI.

P.S. We want to add some animations from DBM but when i unpack the file add the thing that i want, and try to repack it has many errors like some animation files dont exist or the name of a file is to long., i have try i fix that but when i fix all the first errors and try to repack again it say other errors the same type but other files, anyway can you merge animations? we need the phalanx from DBM and the hoplite.
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; October 03, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

We can merge our work to make a new patch for PI.
    Yes, definitly. We shouldn't end up with two versions of PI. I'll see to it that I can get the thing with the settlements working.

Good to hear that you are working on new units and fixed some issues in EDU. I have already implemented dozends of DBM units and they do fit very well into the PI setting and the new PI units. Of course having own units is ways better than lending them elsewhere.

Foederatus

I have the original mod (up to ver0.97 and with the patch) and love it (Currently playing as Tuscan League). Really looking forward to adding this once it is ready.

Will you be adding the Illyrians as a (playable?) faction in this mod. The original map covers their lands but apart from a few rebel villages on the coast seems to be empty space. It would be nice to see them included (and they are already hinted at in the original mod, e.g. in some of the unit descriptions for naval vessels it says things like 'these were used a lot by Illyrians during this period'.

Good luck with this project and again I look forward to it being ready to play.

Yes, definitly. We shouldn't end up with two versions of PI. I'll see to it that I can get the thing with the settlements working.

Good to hear that you are working on new units and fixed some issues in EDU. I have already implemented dozends of DBM units and they do fit very well into the PI setting and the new PI units. Of course having own units is ways better than lending them elsewhere.
    If they fit its ok...we will UL our work at the H.E.L.P project and merge it.

Quote Originally Posted by simonscales View Post
    I have the original mod (up to ver0.97 and with the patch) and love it (Currently playing as Tuscan League). Really looking forward to adding this once it is ready.

Will you be adding the Illyrians as a (playable?) faction in this mod. The original map covers their lands but apart from a few rebel villages on the coast seems to be empty space. It would be nice to see them included (and they are already hinted at in the original mod, e.g. in some of the unit descriptions for naval vessels it says things like 'these were used a lot by Illyrians during this period'.

Good luck with this project and again I look forward to it being ready to play.
    I like to have Illyria as a playlable faction but , in the future not in this version.

KEA's Avatar Senator

The problem with anything in northern Italy and outside Italy is that there only very provinces to play in. I also had been thinking of adding more Gallic tribes, but the region allready is very croweded on our map while single provinces are often very huge there. I think we have to do some changes to the map here and there before we can go into improving the barbarian regions of the map.

The problem with anything in northern Italy and outside Italy is that there only very provinces to play in. I also had been thinking of adding more Gallic tribes, but the region allready is very croweded on our map while single provinces are often very huge there. I think we have to do some changes to the map here and there before we can go into improving the barbarian regions of the map.
    The same thing with Illyria, like simonscales has say, if its fast lets add them.

KEA's Avatar Senator

if its fast lets add them.
    It is a couple of work for each faction, even if it is of the same culture as an existing one, like a new Gallic tribe. Implementing something complete new, like the Illyrians, should be postponed until we have fixed and finsihed what allready is there.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice

@KEA I agree first finish what we have ...
    Hi _Tartaros_

Great work here!
    Maybe this will interest you too:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Total-History

Let me know if you can need any help with your mod...
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Thank you!
    Great AAR
    Yes we need, for the arrival screen of Pyrrhus.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast