Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a World - Faction Limits for Agents

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Faction Limits for Agents

You mean the offers and upgrade for the building? Remove references in export_descr_guilds (triggers). They shouldn't even get offered without assassins in the game due to the point system.
    Missions? Remove assassinate missions (triggers) from descr_missions. They will still fire if you don't have assassins in the game as it is 'kill by any means' missions.

By using the code only, is there a possibility to put a 0 or something to remove assassins completely? Dont get where I should put the EDB entry so would like to skip that part if possible...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The simplest (and easy reversible) method would be to put a semi-colon in front of every agent assassin line in the EDB. The semi-colon will prevent the line from being read by the game - it's also called 'commenting' as scripters use this method to add comments to their code.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The simplest (and easy reversible) method would be to put a semi-colon in front of every agent assassin line in the EDB. The semi-colon will prevent the line from being read by the game - it's also called 'commenting' as scripters use this method to add comments to their code.
    I did the ; thing and it works good. Now Assassins cant be made and since AI abuses them its the only way even thought the killing priests and heretics is always a pleasure.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    assassins - remove their recruitment entries from the EDB
    I did find this to be the most effective way of eliminating the various unwanted agents. However, scripted agents(at game start, or elsewhere), need to be manually removed from the Campaign script, and strat script respectively.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12