Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CAC version 1.4 Download and Installation. Updated 2019-01-24

Icon3 CAC version 1.4 Download and Installation. Updated 2019-01-24

Conflictus Antiquarum CulturarumTM

Welcome Welcome to the world of Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) or Clashes between Ancient Cultures, which it loosely can be translated to in English.
    Conflictus Antiquis Culturarum is a major overhaul of Rome 2 that is aimed to improve gameplay and add diversity to the vanilla game.

The mod is focused on history and Realism (but it doesn’t mean that it is 100% historical correct), within the limits the CA source data and game engine provides. Most aspects of the game and all factions has undergone changes as part of this mod.

We are still proud to present this labour of love that we have worked very hard to complete over the last two years.

In May 2015 the mod reached its first production release (version 1.0) with the Main Campaign, Augustus DLC Campaign, Caesar in Gaul DLC Campaign, Hannibal at the Gates DLC Campaign and Wrath of Sparta DLC Campaign for Rome 2 extensively modified and feature complete!!

In October 2015, the definitive version of CAC (version 1.1) was released in order to change some gameplay balancing issues reported by community, but also in order to include some of the minor changes that didn't make it into CAC version 1.0.

In March 2016, the updated version of CAC (version 1.2) was released with completely rebuilt campaign startpos files (all campaigns!), entirely using the Assembly Kit. This means all CAC-playable factions now have victory conditions added or changed compared to vanilla Rome 2. In addition to that, all factions now have buildings from the start of the campaign compared to earlier version of CAC. This means that factions such as Venetkens, Kushan Empire, Hashmannim and Parni now have starting buildings.

In March 2017, the update of CAC (version 1.2.1) was released to correct minor bugs found in the mod

In December 2017 version 1.2.2 update was released to make CAC compatible with Empire Divided DLC, but contains no modification of Empire Divided.

In March 2018 version 1.2.3 was released to make CAC playable again after the latest Rome 2 TW patch.

In August 2018 version 1.2.4 was released to make CAC playable again after the latest Rome 2 TW patch. Fixes Roman shield bug.

In December 2018 version 1.3 was released, which includes a CAC modification of the Empire Divided DLC Campaign. The update includes overhauled rosters, units, campaign starting positions etc. Missing Hellenic shield patterns are also fixed.

In January 2019 version 1.4 was released, which includes a CAC modification of the Rise of the Republic DLC Campaign. The update includes overhauled rosters, units, campaign starting positions etc.

2019-01-24 il Pitta and iutland

Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) version 1.4 is available at these three sites: Mediafire or Depositfiles. CAC 1.4 is fully compatible with Rome2 Emperor Edition (Rise of the Republic patch).

1. Delete or uninstall any previous version of CAC.

2. Download and unpack the mod to your Rome2 data folder.

3. Download CAC UPC type language pack (if applicable for your Rome 2 installation).
    The CAC specific UPC type language packs (Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish) are available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/urzb...R2TW_Mod_Files. They are all updated to CAC version 1.4.

Download the file that corresponds with your Rome 2 installation and extract to you data folder. Ensure you do not have other mod language packs (UPCs) in your data folder. If you discover any missing text, then please provide feedback in this
    thread!

4. Optional: Download the current CAC User Manual (172 pages), to understand the fundamentals of the mod. You will find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/urzb...R2TW_Mod_Files.

4. If you are having troble launching the mod and possibly also campaign pack, then read this: If the mod files are written with any CAPITAL LETTERS included, then the Rome2 game may crash, while loading. However, if the file names are renamed from "CAC_Campaign_Pack_v1.x" to "cac_campaign_pack_v1.x" and from "CAC_Mod_v1.x" to "cac_mod_v1.x" then it should work. The files are located in the data folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data (example)

Known Issues!:

Change requests from users, which will be addressed in next update

CAC is also available at Steam.

Installation instruction:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Install:
    Install to your " Total War Rome II " folder. See the following for example OS path:
    WinXP users: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ Total War Rome II\data
    Win7/Win8 users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data

Uninstall:
    1. Run uninstall feature from Start\All programs or from Control Panel\Add Remove Programs.

Mod compatibility:
    CAC is not compatible with other mods in general but may be compatible with most mods that changes/improves graphics and sound

Team and Credits:
    Team:
    [Historical research and unit design] il Pitta
    [All types of modding] iutland
    Credits:
    [Pre-release gameplay testing, 0.6 and 0.7] PhallosMaximus and Black9
    [Carthaginian Scutum patterns etc.] by permission from fernando77
    [Shields] by permission from VINC-XXIII
    [Improved Roman and Horse Textures] by permission from Pdguru

Default Re: CAC v.0.5 Download and Installation

will download and try out, great work guys

i have a problem with the instalation, when I select the mod in the mod manager appears a message with the phrase " you need a archive_conflictus_anticorum_culturarum.psn" with the archive .pack, I have the spanish version of the game without mods instaled. I need help please
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JOHANNES View Post
    i have a problem with the instalation, when I select the mod in the mod manager appears a message with the phrase " you need a archive_conflictus_anticorum_culturarum.psn" with the archive .pack, I have the spanish version of the game without mods instaled. I need help please
    Did you drop the .rar or .exe in to your data folder or something? You just run it and it it puts the .pack with the correct language in to your data folder for you.

Default Re: CAC v.0.5 Download and Installation. Updated 2014-03-26 Patch11 compatible

What is patch 11? Is it that Hannibal at the gates DLC?

Default Re: CAC v.0.5 Download and Installation. Updated 2014-03-26 Patch11 compatible

Yes it is but CAC is not fully compatible with it. However the patch made the original CAC release incompatible and resulted in CTD ;-)

New Patch11 compatible version added that fixes the naval disembark issue introduced by Patch11. Just re-download the patch11 compatible version and it is savegame compatible.

Great mod, good work!. Small question. Minor nations will those be made playable eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by the count View Post
    Great mod, good work!. Small question. Minor nations will those be made playable eventually?
    Yes, +50 minor nations are playable in next release. Most of the work completed some weeks ago :-)

Great, plus rep for that .
    It does actually miraculously work with the all faction mod, except for that bastetani is vassal of Carthage and the Boii took over all three of the Etruscans regions xD. Plus of course that the unit rosters are double and don't make any sence.

Default Re: CAC v.0.6 Download and Installation. Updated 2014-05-04

I have made a Lite CAC Unit Guide that lists the units that have Recruitment constraints such as AoR and Technology reforms. You can find the PDF file here. Note that the information is based on the design documentation so it may differ from the actual implementation.

Default Re: CAC v.0.6 Download and Installation. Updated 2014-05-18 with Patch12 Main Campaign Startpos

Patch12 Note:

If you are experiencing End Turn crashes you may want to download the Patch12 compatible version of CAC v 0.6, which includes a new Main Campaign Startpos baselined to Patch12 using latest version of TWeak. The new startpos has all the previous CAC changes ported from the older version except for the editing of all the units starting on the campaign map. This version also includes the automatic zoom out/in limits for all factions, which was present in CAC v 0.5. You will find the Patch12 compatible version (named: CAC_Mod_v0.6(patch12).pack) at either mediafire, gamefront ordepositfiles. Use this file instead of the mod pack that came with the installer since it is a 1:1 replacement of that file.

webbird's Avatar Senator

Default Re: CAC v.0.6 Download and Installation. Updated 2014-05-18 with Patch12 Main Campaign Startpos

incredible good work! thumbs up!

Hi guys, I've been busy with work lately so I haven't played the game in a while, but I just bought the pirates and raiders DLC and I am looking forward to try it, is version 0,6 compatible with Pirates and Raiders? And if not do we have an ETA of when will it be? Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Mournblade77 View Post
    Hi guys, I've been busy with work lately so I haven't played the game in a while, but I just bought the pirates and raiders DLC and I am looking forward to try it, is version 0,6 compatible with Pirates and Raiders? And if not do we have an ETA of when will it be? Thanx!
    It will work with patch 13, which is the DLC, but the campaign selection for Odryssian Kingdom looks odd until next release that is due in August (version 0.7).

i wish they will include mitch major factions empire guaranteed mod

Quote Originally Posted by lyka0913 View Post
    i wish they will include mitch major factions empire guaranteed mod
    I would rather not ask for permission to include it because it removes some of the game dynamics and disables most "what if" situations. I checked the mod and it is compatible with CAC because we don't use the same script files as Mitch. Go ahead and try it and let us know how it plays out; I'm quite curious? +Rep for the suggestion

I have a question. Look at the map of bosporus. is that normal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot.jpg  

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast