Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - Poll on Page 39

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - VIDEO PROVINTIAL LEVY SYSTEM PREVIEW

Nice vid dude.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Indeed nice video!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

"And when I say every Lord has their own levies, I mean literally every lord"

lol

Another great video man!

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    "And when I say every Lord has their own levies, I mean literally every lord"

lol

Another great video man!
    Thanks! The one downside of this is it means over 160 unit cards, and that's just for the levies...

Anybody care to lend a hand in exchange for a sneak peek at the mod (we'd send you the full mod in its current stage of completion)?

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Thanks! The one downside of this is it means over 160 unit cards, and that's just for the levies...

Anybody care to lend a hand in exchange for a sneak peek at the mod (we'd send you the full mod in its current stage of completion)?
    What kind of help would that be? I'm afraid I am only able to the edit data files and find/use good portraits.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Im no good with unit-cards so can't help you there :p
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Yeah, basically I need somebody with Photoshop or GIMP skills to create the unit card images. I suck at it...

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

It's pretty easy. Load up the model and skin in Milkshape. Manipulate the bones to get it into a fitting stance, then screenshot.

Paste in PS, get rid of the background, create the alpha channel, and then crop and scale. Done!

There's a good tutorial in the relevant forum.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

Hey Thrawn, I found some tutorials that you might be able to use for the unit cards. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Photoshop and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Mounted-Units I tried them yesterday but was not that good at it otherwise I would help.

Sweet, thanks! Having some technical issues with getting the faces working, but thanks! This should make things much easier! I used to be taking in-game screenshots and using the eraser to clean the edges . Took ages...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

watched your previews, nice!

a little correction here, the darklyns were kings of the first men, so no andals here.

btw, since the andals have arrived relatively recent, i guess pretty much all of the north and west, and most of the south will be first men? and will the andals be superior in technology (iron weaponry, cavalry)?. just asking since you talked about stormking armies, and imo superior horsemen are something neither first men nor stormlanders in general would produce.

Well, we looked into the lore, and since this is during the invasion of the Iron Islands then it takes place "thousands" (probably just hundreds) of years years after the Andal landing. As for the First Men Houses, really just the Arryns were true "Andals". The rest had their origins in the Age of Heroes, and then converted to the Seven later.

not quite, the arryns were just the first to land.

Well, the Arryns were not the only Andals, but every house with origins in the Age of Heroes were First Men who later converted (according to the official timeline that is). As such, I am assuming that most other southern houses followed suit.

well, dunno which timeline that is, but houses such as the lannisters are andals (lann the clever comes through the female line). i didnt take into account that this is the time the hoares (likely also andals btw) attacked the isles, so that would be quite a bit after the initial invasion. guess that makes it questionable if all those first men were still around, but it makes for a better mix oc.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 27, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Looking very nice mate

Great previews, I love all the factions and all the units for every minor house, lots of work though and will you not reach the max unit limit? Will Lannister also be able to recruit for example florent levy if they conquer brightwaterkeep?

I wonder how it will work for hotseats, but I guess the main aim will be singleplayer and that promises to be lots of fun!

Also, remember that if you use some of Korah stuff, be sure to also credit the guys we credited(as seen in our credit section). Just a mention of credit to the Korah team will be enough in most cases though.

@Hanni: Lannisters were First-Men, Lann the Clever was way before the invasion of the andals.

houses such as the lannisters are andals (lann the clever comes through the female line),

quothe the hanni.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lann_the_Clever

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

There is contradictory information in that article

So according to that article the Lannisters only got Casterly Rock after the Andal invasion and they are a mix of andals and firstmen, interesting.

The way I see it, all of the information from back there was jumbled up and confused (just like real history). As such, we are building up our own lore, which we feel does a nice job of bridging the gap between the really old lore, and the situation in KORAH (which we are taking as more or less cannon here). We are mostly using this timeline, which puts the Age of Heroes well before the Andal Invasion:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...f_major_events

And yeah, House Hoare are of pure Andal descent and faith, but we are putting them in a position where switching religions to the Drowned God can be very advantageous.

@Dux: Lannister will have the ability to recruit in Brightwater, but only after Gardener has bent the knee (at least that is the current system, there are still some issues with that, but it should serve for now).

With Hotseats, we haven't given much thought to it yet. Any games will probably have to do the Third Age thing, and only use a couple of the factions (say, the 8 factions in the Westerlands and Reach), while cordoning off the rest of the map. The scripting would have to be changed up a bit, but it should be fine. First though, we plan to get the single-player working and build up from there .

With the unit limit, I spent some time emptying the EDU and modledb files, so we are starting from scratch and still have a long way to go before we hit any hard limits.

As for credits, I am doing my best to give it out, but if I happen to forget to mention somebody please send me a PM and I'll correct it .

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - RE-DONE VIDEO PROVINTIAL LEVY SYSTEM PREVIEW

Hey, so I need some input here. Of the two shields below, which do you prefer for the First Men?

One thing I might do is use the left one for the Riverlands and the right one for the North. Alternatively, I'll just use the superior one for both. Or just start from scratch if they both suck ...