Thread: Naval Trade Routes Mod

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Naval Trade Routes Mod

Released on request : Major General Isaac Brock

Increased numbers of Trade Routes for all types of Ports.
    Now all Ports generate trade routes. Indeed some are significantly more efficient than others. Generally speaking, the larger the port the more trade routes it generates. Tradeports generate from two to three times more trade routes than equivalent other-kind ports. GTradeRoutes.zip

Examples :
    Local Fishery : +1
    Fishing Fleet : +1
    Major Fishery : +2

Trading Port : +3
    Commercial Port : +4
    Commercial Bassin : +5

How to install :

1. Download the version of the mod you want, thanks to Radious for his awesome mod concept !
    2. Unzip the downloaded folder.
    3. Put the .pack file in
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    4. Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and create a new text document.
    5. Add to the text document :
    mod "(nameofthe.packfile).pack";
    6. Save as... name : user.empire_script ; format : Unicode (important)

Important :

This mod, even if it can be used alone, is part of an overhaul and works best when used in combination with my other mods as they compensate each other's strength and weaknesses. Many of my mods have many versions to let you choose the features you want. If you want a new version, tell me, if I do not answer you fast, send me a PM, I'll make it !
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Naval Trade Routes Mod

Fantastic, I cant believe it ... you did it so fast and I am just so happy, this will go along way in my mods. Thanks very much Goutlard, I really like it

Push on, brave York volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Released on request : Major General Isaac Brock

Increased numbers of Trade Routes for all types of Ports.
    Now all Ports generate trade routes. Indeed some are significantly more efficient than others. Generally speaking, the larger the port the more trade routes it generates. Tradeports generate from two to three times more trade routes than equivalent other-kind ports. GTradeRoutes.zip

Examples :
    Local Fishery : +1
    Fishing Fleet : +1
    Major Fishery : +2

Trading Port : +3
    Commercial Port : +4
    Commercial Bassin : +5

How to install :

1. Download the version of the mod you want, thanks to Radious for his awesome mod concept !
    2. Unzip the downloaded folder.
    3. Put the .pack file in or 4. Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and create a new text document.
    5. Add to the text document : 6. Save as... name : user.empire_script ; format : Unicode (important)

Important :

This mod, even if it can be used alone, is part of an overhaul and works best when used in combination with my other mods as they compensate each other's strength and weaknesses. Many of my mods have many versions to let you choose the features you want. If you want a new version, tell me, if I do not answer you fast, send me a PM, I'll make it !
    Hello Goutlard,
    I will be very grateful if you adjust naval power towards -> bigger ships = more powerful ships, that doesn't run away from sloops & similar rubble.
    I think a fishing port/village wouldn't normally have capability to handle trade ships, but a shipyard would have infrastructure & depth clearance,
    so by all means let shipyards and their upgrade get a single trade route.
    (It may even have the welcome side effect of AI beginning to block/prevent shipyards from building, so they aren't left unchecked,
    i'm thinking about the English channel here)

To illustrate the issue in an example: i sent no less than 4 waves of 2nd rates,
    each wave consisting of 3 2nd rates with full health points,
    i sent this against 2 sloops + 1 brig, and all my waves of 2nd rates fled !

According to @Myshkin it is partly due to a bug with 6lb cannons having more firepower than 32lb guns
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...20774-Navy-Mod

ed: while i'm at it, i may as well wish for another thing on the top of my wish-list:
    i truly want trade anchors to be a sanctuary for my trade ships,
    so if i win the race, the prize is mine.
    It leaves too much to chance as it is now, where i get all or nothing depending how the coin flipped

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Napoleon III responded with a show of force, sending the ship of the line Charlemagne to the Black Sea. This action was a violation of the London Straits Convention.[13]:19 However, the Ottomans knew that the Charlemagne sailed at a speed of 8½ knots and could defeat the technologically inferior Russian and Ottoman navies combined
    Last edited by poa; March 06, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

This is something I did in the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod. I will separate it and release a naval overhaul modd.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

OH GOD YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

johan_d's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    This is something I did in the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod. I will separate it and release a naval overhaul modd.
    Any progress on the naval overhaul ?
    Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Excellent mod. Thank you for the effort.

Goutlard,
    This is great! Thanks! All ports obviously in real life do have some level of trade so this helps. Plus Rep!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Great work!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)