Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed Major Faction Empires

Default Re: Guaranteed Major Faction Empires

can I humbly make a suggestion that you try a historically accurate version?
    this way for sure Parthia would expand in the east and Rome would expand in the west?
    so basically give Rome and Parthia bigger bonus so they wont lose to Carthage/Baktria so for sure both Rome and Parthia would become the dominant powers as they did.

Foederatus

This is undoubtedly my favourite mod Mitch! Well done!!

Only one thing I'm slightly critical of... if a minor faction is an ally of the player there is no effect. That's fine, but shouldn't that also apply to any minor faction that is an ally to an AI major faction? I'm no expert, but that would seem to add perfect balance, but it might not work, I don't know??
    Last edited by largejack; March 18, 2014 at 07:02 PM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    can I humbly make a suggestion that you try a historically accurate version?
    this way for sure Parthia would expand in the east and Rome would expand in the west?
    so basically give Rome and Parthia bigger bonus so they wont lose to Carthage/Baktria so for sure both Rome and Parthia would become the dominant powers as they did.
    I disagree, I don't believe this mod is designed to create a historical storyline? It does exactly what it says on the tin, and that's how it should stay.

I just can't get this customization of the major factions right. In the log text I only found factions which were listed as minor.
    In the factions.txt file I have added the following factions:

rom_rome
    rom_carthage
    rom_ptolemaics
    rom_macedon
    rom_seleucid
    rom_parthia

the result

#### BATTLE ####
    rom_epirus v rom_rome
    Minor Attacker v Minor Defender
    No autoresolve modification
    -- Result --
    rom_epirus Won! (close_victory)

I have used the modmanager and placed the majorfactionempires pack at the top. I also tested the mod by using the standard rome 2 launcher but still no results. I use the DEI mod but this shouldn't be the problem as far as I am informed.

Please, please, please, please, please help me fix this somehow. I'm a great fan of historical expansion of factions within the game and this great mod should clearly make that so.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    I disagree, I don't believe this mod is designed to create a historical storyline? It does exactly what it says on the tin, and that's how it should stay.
    I if you check what I said i meant another version where the people who want to face Rome in the west and Parthia in the east would be able to.
    I play Seleucids and the chances of me fighting Parthia are pretty much Nil of because Bactria.
    the version you like is not getting replaced, its just there would be more options for people looking for a more historically accurate campaign. is there a problem with having more choices?

Hi - this looks great. Can't wait to try it with DeI.

Btw I posted a link in the DeI submod forums to promote it. I hope you don't mind.

1 suggestion: I love the option of customising the major factions through the notepad - genius. The next step would be to create a random generator so that the user will not know which the "major" factions are. The generator will need to be able to produce and replace the .txt file each time it is reset. Possibility?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Does it work with latest version of DEI?.
    Last edited by gastovski; April 12, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Is this mod still working with the latest update? Currently getting major factions I've set in the factions.txt coming up as minors in the logs.txt for battles. I use DEI 8.5c aswell but from what I've been reading this should be 100% compatible right?

Hi,

I am having a problem with this mod. I removed some of the factions on the list yet they still get auto assisted battles? I removed Epirus and yet in the log text they still get assisted auto resolves?

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    Hi,

I am having a problem with this mod. I removed some of the factions on the list yet they still get auto assisted battles? I removed Epirus and yet in the log text they still get assisted auto resolves?
    You probably have a space after the faction name. Just delete that and it should work.

Yeah I dont think this mod works with DEI because I have the optional settings in and my list of factions but it just seems to active for all major factions regardless of what I put in the Rom Campaigns folder.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah I dont think this mod works with DEI because I have the optional settings in and my list of factions but it just seems to active for all major factions regardless of what I put in the Rom Campaigns folder.
    It's compatible with every mod. All of them. Delete the spaces.

Hey forum,

Thanks for responding Black but I had no spaces that was not the problem.

I was using the non-steam version which I think does not work. I changed to the steam version and it now works and acknowledges my scripts.

Except there is one thing I have seen is that when two major factions engage it seems to give the faction that is first in the list assistance rather than just not assisting anyone which is annyoying because it means that I have to put the factions I want to live first in the factions.txt list.

But other than that this mod is great. Finally I can fight against factions with good roosters.

Um also Defensive battles only is not working. It doesn't activate

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Sure, updated the OP, here you go:
    Non-Workshop version
    Could please repost the link.. it seems not to be working

yeah I find its true that "defensivebattlesonly" containing settings.txt does not activate , the proof here:
    #### BATTLE ####
    rom_carthage v rom_syracuse
    Major Attacker v Minor Defender
    Ally Involved: false
    Player Nearby: false
    Modified autoresolve for rom_carthage
    -- Result --
    rom_carthage Won! (decisive_victory)

my question is how to make it work? is it necessary to save settings.txt as Unicode or something , or is it that it doesn't work now with hatg patch ? it'd be great if someone clears it out for me, thanx.

can we get a non-workshop link pls!! the one that you have its not working..

thx in advance!!

I found the solution in DEI thread , to make it work the settings.txt file should be named just "settings" and not as "settings.txt" !

Any chance for a non workshope version?
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

Thanks for this mod.

Ps: I dont understand te question for a 'non-workshop' link.
    Why do you need a 'non-workshop' link. cause there is only one LEGAL playable version of Rome 2: Rome 2 on STEAM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast