Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what´s better? use many "if" condition or use many monitors? (which process less information)

Default Re: what´s better? use many "if" condition or use many monitors? (which process less information)

@Gigantus, Thanks, I'm actually aware of that, and was talking about a general cleanup of the entire file. I put those trigger for those that don't know as well as you the SSHIP, and don't intend to change them. At least not the PreFactionTurnStart ones.

I'll run some test to see if "monitor_event EventCounter" get indeed tested at each event counter change (for any counter), in which case it would more expansive than FactionTurnStart, and report them here!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: what´s better? use many "if" condition or use many monitors? (which process less information)

Some nerco-question here.

If I have 150 monitor_conditions I_InBattle - do engine check them at once because condition is the same or one by one because each monitor is separated?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

One by one, all the time. Better find a way to merge some of them, hopefully you'll find ways to utilize IF loops, eg suitable I_xyz conditions. Or non I_xyz conditions but still common between monitors and as such can preface the IF loops.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234