Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Theoretically if you have done this part this should not display to you..
    Control if you have done it properly because it is the ONLY reason the game display it in that way!
    (remember that Carthaginian building are Hellenistic's one)

Miles

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Theoretically if you have done this part this should not display to you..
    Control if you have done it properly because it is the ONLY reason the game display it in that way!
    (remember that Carthaginian building are Hellenistic's one)
    I know about Carthage, thank you for your effort, I go through all the settlements again and re check the thingy, will report back afterwards.

Edit: Another quick question; where I can see what exactly are the original buildings for the settlements?
    Last edited by SanderP; September 04, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Miles

Now redone the whole thing for nothing, still the same. I don't know what's my fail.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    I know about Carthage, thank you for your effort, I go through all the settlements again and re check the thingy, will report back afterwards.

Edit: Another quick question; where I can see what exactly are the original buildings for the settlements?
    You can see in the start_pos_settlements table before you editaded it naturally xD

You can see in the
    start_pos_settlements table, before you editaded it, naturally xD

Miles

You can see in the
    start_pos_settlements table, before you editaded it, naturally xD
    There are more than 1, building 1 but I guess that's wrong and also "primary building" and "port building", but that didn't work as well. I really like to know how does it look like from someone else.
    I am quite helpless at the moment.

Make a pic about them(about the settlements, naturally primary building and port building) of one region you have!

Miles

Make a pic about them(about the settlements, naturally primary building and port building) of one region you have!
    You mean this? http://imgur.com/6c44Ece

All 3 settlements I switched cultures / buildings and which are empty ingame, like all of them. Or what do you mean?

Did you applied and then runned bob again?
    It's really strange!!

Miles

Did you applied and then runned bob again?
    It's really strange!!
    Yes, just tried it creating the startpos again and it's still not working. Every city is empty, if I edited the city or not isn't necessary it seems. From britan to arabia, every city is empty and I can build every minor city industry everywhere. No idea now what to do.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Which vanilla faction did you give Larissa to ?

Iy seems the assembly kit is not fully updated yet. The startpos_settlement still use the old entry (pre patch 15 beta) so even if you do no changes and generate a new startpos then it will shows as above. This means any startpos changes using the AK will have to wait until 16 September probably.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 04, 2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    Which vanilla faction did you give Larissa to ?

Iy seems the assembly kit is not fully updated yet. The startpos_settlement still use the old entry (pre patch 15 beta) so even if you do no changes and generate a new startpos then it will shows as above. This means any startpos changes using the AK will have to wait until 16 September probably.
    Larissa went to Macedon.
    But if the problem's about the assembly kit, then I am aware of what's the problem since I followed the orders so strict. Sadly Jack Lusted confirmed days ago that the kit is updated.

Full list of changes I made / I am about to make:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Carthage:
    Gadira
    Tingis
    Iol
    Alalia
    Thapsus
    Lepcis
    Macomades
    Arse

Rome:
    Velathri
    Ariminum

Epeiros:
    Brundisium
    Cosentia

Macedon:
    Larissa

Ptolemies:
    Paraitonion
    Ammonium
    Augila
    Ptolemais Theron
    Tyros
    Side
    Salamis

Pontos:
    Trapezos

Seleucids:
    Ephesus
    Pessinus
    Iconium
    Mazaca
    Samasota
    Hatra
    Seleucia
    Charax
    Susa
    Rhaga
    Persepolis
    Gor
    Harmozia
    Bam
    Zadrakarta
    Hecatompylos
    Susia
    Pura
    Oraea
    Phrada
    Artacoana
    Merv
    Alexandria Arachosia
    Kapisene
    Gerrha

Parthia:
    Amul
    Kath

Factions removed:
    Nova Carthago
    Libya
    Etruscan League
    Edetani
    Nasamones
    Blemmyes
    Cyprus
    Trapezos
    Sardes
    Cappadocia
    Media
    Persia
    Phartava
    Sagartia
    Aria
    Drangiana
    Arachosia
    Gerrhea
    Dahae
    Khorasmi

If there's any "problem" in this list, or a known issue, let me know.
    Last edited by SanderP; September 04, 2014 at 06:05 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

The kit was not fully updated yet, at least the startpos part. You can see that it gives no options for new sets of buildings.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Miles

The kit was not fully updated yet, at least the startpos part. You can see that it gives no options for new sets of buildings.
    So basically I wasted 15 hours of "working around". Thank you for clarifying this out.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

So basically I wasted 15 hours of "working around". Thank you for clarifying this out.
    Or maybe ... I found out that my assembly kit has been reverted back to patch 14. Have you make sure that your assembly kit also updated to beta patch 15 ? Now I'm at the office and can't check.

One thing ^OvO^
    if I would like to add a faction from a non-displayed culture, or remove a whole culture, what should I have to do?
    Because if I remove the playability from all the successor kingdoms(e.g.) the game crash when I try to start a campaign .-.

Miles

Or maybe ... I found out that my assembly kit has been reverted back to patch 14. Have you make sure that your assembly kit also updated to beta patch 15 ? Now I'm at the office and can't check.
    How could I even make sure about that? I got the Steamversion I have, that's it.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Right click on Assembly Kit (from Steam Tools) > Properties > Betas. You can opt to try the beta patch 15 (no password needed).

Miles

Right click on Assembly Kit (from Steam Tools) > Properties > Betas. You can opt to try the beta patch 15 (no password needed).
    You and Dresden are my men, really, the Beta-beta kit made it for me, I was confused all the time by "BETA Assembly Kit", but it was beta even before the new patch beta hit. Confusing much.
    My next free rep goes to you guys as well!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

One thing ^OvO^
    if I would like to add a faction from a non-displayed culture, or remove a whole culture, what should I have to do?
    Because if I remove the playability from all the successor kingdoms(e.g.) the game crash when I try to start a campaign .-.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. If from the faction selection screen you can make any factions appear from any culture group. You can check from faction_to_faction_groups_junction an change faction_group_key for example change rom_macedon from rom_faction_group_successors to rom_faction_group_greek and now Macedon will appear in the same group as Athens, Sparta, Epirus and Syracuse.

You can remove the playbility actually. I usually do from start_pos_factions (table_launcher, not form_launcher).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast