Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Do one step a step
    First choose the regions you want to give to another faction, than eliminate (starting from the soldiers of the armies) one at one all of their general, then spies dignitarys and champions, than change the culture and the buildings of the new regions(according to the new faction's cultures) then(optional) you can add other armies or character to the new regions(for the new factions)
    Then you should do the bob part and it would be allright
    Do all one step by one xD

Thanks, i did by your way and it's working!! Thanks friend!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    No problem really xD
    That's the common error(for everyone too even the most "expertest" modders) when you do too much together than it's really hard to figure out(alone) the problem xD

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    Befoe you do anything else make sure to do back ups of your raw and working data. This way in case the next step is not wrking you can get back to your last working version.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Hi there,
    Is it possible to download the Assembly Kit without a Steam account?

Hey,
    I hope someone can halp me. So I Did everything as told, got the new startpos file, put it in /data/campains/main_rome, start a new game and nothing new happens, everything is still the same.
    Maybe i went full retard, but what did i do wrong?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

We need more detail about "So I Did everything as told" part.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I started the program via assemblykit folder, changed the Region ownership for the cities of the etruscan, changed the settlements, deleted the army, exported the files, started BOB.
    Everything fine till now. I let BOB do what he does, it works, got a startpos file, changed the original file, start a new game, no changes in the game happened.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

changed the original file ?

When you create startpos it should create a mod.pack (default) in the assembly kit's retail folder. This mod.pack need to be put into rome 2's data folder and you can enable it with mod manager.

ah ok thanks, that helped, I did it by the tutorial and there stands this:
    3. Once in BOB, expand out the tree under Working Data called campaigns - main_rome - startpos.esf. When you click the box next to startpos.esf, a dialogue box will appear. Choose the first option ("Provider action")
    , maybe it should be changed.

But anyway thanks for the fast help

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by veilside21 View Post
    ah ok thanks, that helped, I did it by the tutorial and there stands this: , maybe it should be changed.

But anyway thanks for the fast help
    Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I just realized that the last part of the tutorial didn't mention that you also need to tick the Retail column (or use Merge Actions). Maybe that's why some are reported startpos files are not packed. Need to tick that box too or better go to retail folder and edit that bob text file if you want to rename your pack file instead of the default mod.pack (this is good if your working on several startpos).

Yeah i've read this post too late, now it works

I launched the Bob.AssemblyKit.exe fine a few weeks ago, but I'm no longer getting the same screen shown in the tutorial from which I can click tools and so on. Instead I get Bob-Select Data files to build and I've got no clue what this is what to do with it from there.

Ok, I'm having a BOB issue with this... did everything as described. I've even clicked on retail and made sure it's creating. Everything is green except the last line, which is red and on the left hand column it says "process start position (rom_rome) and on the right it says, "Fail to start.../../Rome2.exe.

Is it that it can't find my Rome 2 .exe? I installed the assembly kit on a separate drive to save room on my SSD... could this be the reason? If so, how do I point it to the right direction?

This only happens when dealing with the start position.... I can edit units and create mods just fine. But as soon as I need to do something such as click on startpos.esf and at the end it gives that message.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Possibly because by default it should be in the same folder and BoB will look at the exe to compile the changes.

I've got the mod.pack file and I can enable it with mod manager, but the changes haven't been applied. Any idea, please? I did this "When you create startpos it should create a mod.pack (default) in the assembly kit's retail folder. This mod.pack need to be put into rome 2's data folder and you can enable it with mod manager"
    Last edited by GenTiberius; August 22, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Do you think there is a limit of regions you can add to one factions due to their starting imperium level?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I made half the map romans at one time. Not sure if there's limit the the more you have regions the higher imperium you have at the start unlessyou mod that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I made half the map romans at one time. Not sure if there's limit the the more you have regions the higher imperium you have at the start unlessyou mod that too.
    Strange because when I tried it if I gave to Rome more regions than his base imperium level "need" it caused me CTD .-.

However the imperium level can be modify in the startpos.esf?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Not sure. I didn't even touch the imperium stats. When I'm making startpos for a triumvirate campaign I basically give all regions as in 43 bc first to Rome before I split them into 6 factions. I did not touch the imperium stats so when I test it, any factions that have more than 4 regions will automatically have their imperium upgraded in game. Basically I gave all of Spain, Gaul, Africa, Asia Minor, Syria and Judea to Rome.

Well when I tries(but with one Rome only) after I gave him all the Italia,Corsica et Sardinia, within his starting regions, when I run bob and to that part he gave me CTD .-.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast