Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Sometimes BOB crashes and still outputs a startpos (check the output folder).

If it isn't outputting, that is usually a mistake like leaving an army from another faction in a city, multiple or no capitals assigned, etc. Also you will want to try to output your changes without any mods activated (unless those changes include things from the mod).

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Miles

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

(c/p from my thread) Just wondering, I can edit the standard campaign map without problems - but when I edit the Augustus campaign map, it does nothing, stays vanilla, whatever I try.
    Why is that?

Thanks for the great tutorial! Possibly dumb question, but if I want to make a change to DeI, how do I get assembly kit to load up the DeI startpos? I never told it to, so I assume it loads the vanilla startpos and then crashes when I try to run it with DeI.

Wolf Stonerocker's Avatar Laetus

Hello guys, I've been msg Dresden about stuff buuuut...

I finally got a start.pos, after disabling all mod in the TWC manager...but not change when I cut/paste it into main_rome in campaigns and reactivate DeI and it's submods...?? I finally got a start.pos, which has taken a long time to even generate with the amount of times BOB crashed when trying to get it to do so, and it doesnt work. All I have done is add the letter E to Salona................then I worked out that I'm not editing DeI start.pos settlement names, so I untick all mods in manager and run the generic game...and still no change. Seriously, what have I done wrong, this is driving me crazy....

Hello. I have a problem with change owner of regions. The method of deleting other faction troops through the "starting_positions" form doesn't work me. I removed the troops first and then the General, but when I start the game, appearing enemy troops (Carthage) without a General.

Anyone know why it happens this strange appearance of troops?

Spoiler for ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN

Spoiler for MODIFIED CAMPAIGN

Hello Miguel, I assume its related to pun_minor_faction_defense.lua script(located in punic.pack)

Code:
    --
    -- This script spawns and manages defenders in Carthage and Rome if the player plays as one of the minor factions, to prevent them rolling over the big cities too easily
    --

-- this line needs to be present - due to the way this script file is loaded by the main script it
    -- does not have access to the global script environment. This line gives it access.
    setfenv(1, _G.script_env);

Rome_Defender_ID = nil;
    Corfinium_Defender_ID = nil;
    Karalis_Defender_ID = nil;

Carthage_Defender_ID = nil;
    Tingis_Defender_ID = nil;
    Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID = nil;

function Spawn_Minor_Faction_Defenses()
        -- create_force_in_garrison(String faction to which the force belongs, String unit breakdown of the force, String region of garrison, String label for force)
        -- returns cqi of new character

Rome_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_rome", 
            "Rom_Equites,Rom_Equites,Rom_Equites,Rom_Equites,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites", 
            "pun_latium_et_campania_roma", 
            "rome_defenders"
        );

Corfinium_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_rome", 
            "Rom_Equites,Rom_Equites,Rom_Equites,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Rorarii,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites", 
            "pun_umbria_et_picenum_corfinium", 
            "corfinium_defenders"
        );

Karalis_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_rome", 
            "Rom_Equites,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Triarii,Rom_Principes,Rom_Principes,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Hastati,Rom_Rorarii,Rom_Rorarii,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites,Rom_Velites", 
            "pun_corsica_et_sardinia_karalis", 
            "karalis_defenders"
        );

Carthage_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_carthage", 
            "Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Onager,Car_Onager", 
            "pun_africa_carthago", 
            "carthage_defenders"
        );

Tingis_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_carthage", 
            "Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Peltasts",
            "pun_mauretania_tingis", 
            "tingis_defenders"
        );

Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
            "pun_carthage", 
            "Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts",
            "pun_hispania_ulterior_carthago_nova", 
            "carthago_nova_defenders"
        );

-- give Carthage and Rome a minor reduction in army upkeep to pay for this system
        cm:apply_effect_bundle("pun_faction_scripted_minor_reduced_upkeep", "pun_carthage", -1);
        cm:apply_effect_bundle("pun_faction_scripted_minor_reduced_upkeep", "pun_rome", -1);
    end;

function Start_Minor_Faction_Defenses()
        --[[
        start_defense(
            String name for this campaign_defense object, 
            String defending faction, 
            String cqi of defending force (if nil it loads from savegame), 
            Int number of regions player has to own to trigger release, 
            opt String message_event to trigger on release
        )
        returns campaign defense object
        ]]

cd_rome = start_defense("Rome", "pun_rome", Rome_Defender_ID, 22, Settlements_Close_To_Rome);
        cd_corfinium = start_defense("Corfinium", "pun_rome", Corfinium_Defender_ID, 11, Settlements_Close_To_Corfinium);
        cd_karalis = start_defense("Karalis", "pun_rome", Karalis_Defender_ID, 7, Settlements_Close_To_Karalis);

cd_carthage = start_defense("Carthage", "pun_carthage", Carthage_Defender_ID, 22, Settlements_Close_To_Carthage);
        cd_tingis = start_defense("Tingis", "pun_carthage", Tingis_Defender_ID, 11, Settlements_Close_To_Tingis);
        cd_carthago_nova = start_defense("Carthago_Nova", "pun_carthage", Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID, 7, Settlements_Close_To_Carthago_Nova);

-- prevent the campaign defense objects from attempting to award upkeep for their armies as the AI is not aware of that system
        cd_rome:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
        cd_corfinium:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
        cd_karalis:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
        cd_carthage:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
        cd_tingis:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
        cd_carthago_nova:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
    end;
    You could try to compare that list of punic units in the script with the units that emerged in your modified game to be sure. I'd the same problem when switching Karalis(in Sardinia) from Rome to Carthage, a scripted roman army appeared in Karalis. When I removed these scripts, the problem was solved.

Many Thanks VINC! Damn spawn script... But missing more troops in this code. The units that appear to me are these:

Anyway, this script is stupid. Appears more troops if the city is left without units? Here there hasn't been any siege or capture of the city.

P.S: Now, in pun_rome.lua I've seen this code:

Code:
    Tingis_Defender_ID = nil;
    Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID = nil;
    Hadrumentum_Defender_ID = nil;
    Carthage_Defender_ID = nil;

function Spawn_Defenses()
    	-- create_force_in_garrison(String faction to which the force belongs, String unit breakdown of the force, String region of garrison, String label for force)
    	-- returns cqi of new character

Tingis_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
    		"pun_carthage", 
    		"Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts",
    		"pun_mauretania_tingis", 
    		"tingis_defenders"
    	);

Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
    		"pun_carthage", 
    		"Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Peltasts",
    		"pun_hispania_ulterior_carthago_nova", 
    		"carthago_nova_defenders"
    	);

Hadrumentum_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
    		"pun_carthage", 
    		"Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Onager,Car_Onager", 
    		"pun_africa_hadrumentum", 
    		"hadrumentum_defenders"
    	);

Carthage_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison(
    		"pun_carthage", 
    		"Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_Sacred_Band,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Onager", 
    		"pun_africa_carthago", 
    		"carthage_defenders"
    	);

-- principal enemy faction gets big reduction in army upkeep to pay for this system
    	cm:apply_effect_bundle("pun_faction_scripted_reduced_upkeep", "pun_carthage", -1);
    end;

function Start_Defenses()
    	--[[
    	start_defense(
    		String name for this campaign_defense object, 
    		String defending faction, 
    		String cqi of defending force (if nil it loads from savegame), 
    		Int number of regions player has to own to trigger release, 
    		Table of strings of region names that should trigger release if the player owns them,
    		opt String message_event to trigger on release
    	)
    	returns campaign defense object
    	]]

cd_tingis = start_defense("Tingis", "pun_carthage", Tingis_Defender_ID, 25, Settlements_Close_To_Tingis, "pun_rome_releasing_defenders_1");
    	cd_carthago_nova = start_defense("Carthago_Nova", "pun_carthage", Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID, 32, Settlements_Close_To_Carthago_Nova);
    	cd_hadrumentum = start_defense("Corfinium", "pun_carthage", Hadrumentum_Defender_ID, 39, Settlements_Close_To_Hadrumentum, "pun_rome_releasing_defenders_2");
    	cd_carthage = start_defense("Carthage", "pun_carthage", Carthage_Defender_ID, 44, Settlements_Close_To_Carthage, "pun_rome_releasing_defenders_3");

-- prevent the campaign defense objects from attempting to award upkeep for their armies as the AI is not aware of that system
    	cd_tingis:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
    	cd_carthago_nova:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
    	cd_hadrumentum:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
    	cd_carthage:set_should_award_upkeep(false);
    end;

function Spawn_Additional_Carthaginian_Forces()
    	cm:create_force("pun_carthage", "Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts", "pun_hispania_ulterior_ilici", 304, 300, "Carthage_Additional_01", true);
    	cm:create_force("pun_carthage", "Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin", "pun_hispania_ulterior_carthago_nova", 263, 274, "Carthage_Additional_02", true);
    end;

All the locations you pointed on the map with the black arrows(Tingis, Carthago Nova, Carthage, Hadrumetum) obviously have these sort of defense scripts. I don't really understand the functionning but removing all scripts(including in faction script folder, like pun_rome.lua, pun_carthage.lua will solve the problem.

function Spawn_Additional_Carthaginian_Forces()
    cm:create_force("pun_carthage", "Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin,Car_Libyan_Peltasts", "pun_hispania_ulterior_ilici", 304, 300, "Carthage_Additional_01", true);

In bold, that could be the army north to Carthago Nova. Illici region.

cm:create_force("pun_carthage", "Car_Noble_Cav,Car_Cav,Car_African_Pike,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Libyan_Infantry,Car_Hoplites,Car_Hoplites,Car_Libyan_Peltasts,Car_Libyan_Javelin", "pun_hispania_ulterior_carthago_nova", 263, 274, "Carthage_Additional_02", true);

While this army could be the one spawned in Carthago Nova country side, notice there are coordinates (263, 274), while garrison scripts don't have that.

cd_carthago_nova = start_defense("Carthago_Nova", "pun_carthage", Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID, 7, Settlements_Close_To_Carthago_Nova);

And before "Carthago_Nova_Defender_ID = create_force_in_garrison("

This could explain the 2 countryside armies and one spawning as a garrison force inside Carthago Nova.

Yes. I will have to add to the mod those LUA files with the code erased (without these lines of code). The problem now is that the script will be a hindrance if I want to create a Roman general in any of those cities.

Pictures do not appear
    please help me

Quote Originally Posted by atademir View Post
    Pictures do not appear
    please help me
    What pictures do you mean?

Been trying for days was never able to make it work , and cant event compile esf followed all step viewed YT guide several other guide.
    I don't get where i'm doing wrong :x
    Peace is an accident, war is natural ... ~ John J. Rambo

2 questions; This guide also works for Attila total war? And would it be possible to use the bel Rome subculture (the buildings) from the last Roman campaign and use western Roman Empire units on a current and/or new faction? Or would I need to use the same type of units from that culture?

Hey Dresden,,

IN your tutorial you mention when deleting armies to Double click on starting_positions.. I cannot find that anywhere.. (

Quote Originally Posted by RadRipRep View Post
    Hey Dresden,,

IN your tutorial you mention when deleting armies to Double click on starting_positions.. I cannot find that anywhere.. (
    I finally found where it is... but i ran into one more small problem,, i cant choose where to put my general or army "in settlement" because the box is too small to read... and there all numbers..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startposcityhar.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	355200

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678