Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
He/she can be promoted back once he/she active. If he/she is in active I don't think he/she will care about what rank he/she is anyway. From my point of view it's just an incentive for people to be active and productive for the site.
I don't think most people here would accept this.

For new members it should be Citizens first as we all do and if he/she proves to be contributing still to the site and not simply vanish after receiving the citizenship then after 12 months is passed he/she can be promoted to Patrician. Patrician should not be something that can be applied. Normal citizenship (Peb or Equestrian, whatever name choose) is one that can be applied as currently done.
But the whole point of this draft is to figure out a way to make citizenship more easily accessible, so that you don't need a ton of contributions before you can get engaged in the Curia. Also, many members are ready for the highest rank right now. To submit them through a 12 month tutelage would only generate lack of interest.

I don't agree. Only active citizens with good standings and continuously co0ntributing should be promoted to Patrician. I don't see it as new enfranchised (whatever it means) lower citizenship rank but creating or reintroducing a higher rank (Patrician) to existing citizens to them them for keeping active and contributing towards the site.
Enfranchised means to give them voting rights. The point of this draft is not to create an even more elitist rank, but to keep the current high rank and create a lower rank, through which many more people can access the Curia. No citizen wants to see his rank stripped because he has gotten busy with real life. So I think most people would be really hostile to this idea.