Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACW Mod 3.5 Installation Instructions

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Icon3 ACW Mod 3.5 Installation Instructions

3.5 Installation

All ACW downloads at our ModDB page:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-c...e-and-the-grey

Requirements
    1) Empire: Total War (preferably with Warpath addon, newer builds will not support the RTI campaign)
    2) ACW Brothers vs. Brothers 3.4.1 version (3.4 patched to 3.4.1)
    3) husserlTW's Subs Power.
    4) NO OTHER MOD MUST BE INSTALLED TO RUN ACW.

Process
    1) Install ACW 3.4
    2) Install 3.4.1 patch - How? Simply move the files into the "common/Empire Total War/ACW/Packs" folder and overwrite the existing files.
    3) install husserlTW's Subs Power launcher
    4) download ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    5) unzip ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    6) run setup.exe and follow installer's instructions
    7) Do not forget to select "Zone of Recruitment" (a.k.a. ZoR, a.k.a. v3.5) in the Subs Power launcher's Submods, to activate 3.5 Beta+

You know you've got it installed correctly if the launch screen of the game says "Powered by ZoR".

NOTE:
    If you still got problems, don't just shoot off a question here, because there's a good chance you'll wait a while for the answer, as we're not a game company with a paid techs support team available, just free-time modders!
    Check our
    Techhnical Help section first, 95% chance your question was already answered there! Also, please use the Search function!
    Last edited by Trig; January 14, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Default Re: ACW Mod Installation Instructions

1. If ACW doesn't start and crashes on launch, it is probably because you haven't launched Steam manually first. If the launcher initialises Steam, then launches game, it will crash. No idea why, likely Steam issue. So always launch Steam manually first.

2. Once it crashes like this, it will likely crash on any subsequent attempt. Restart computer. Manually launch Steam, then launch the ACW launcher. That always fixes it for me.

3. If ETW vanilla doesn't start after you've been launching ACW, even if you clicked "vanilla ready" in launcher, it's because one of the ZoR files doesn't get removed from ETW/Data by the launcher. Remove bg_boot_zor.pack from the ETW/Data folder manually and ETW should launch.

4. How will you know version 3.6 is running? The game loading screen should look like this:

Last edited by Trig; March 03, 2015 at 06:53 PM.

Battle crashes

Nobody knows what is causing them, but in my experience, they have been greatly reduced when I have lowered the graphics settings, particularly the "anti-aliasing" and "texture filtering".

Default Re: ACW Mod Installation Instructions Video

deidaraakatski's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    1. If ACW doesn't start and crashes on launch, it is probably because you haven't launched Steam manually first. If the launcher initialises Steam, then launches game, it will crash. No idea why, likely Steam issue. So always launch Steam manually first.

2. Once it crashes like this, it will likely crash on any subsequent attempt. Restart computer. Manually launch Steam, then launch the ACW launcher. That always fixes it for me.

3. If ETW vanilla doesn't start after you've been launching ACW, even if you clicked "vanilla ready" in launcher, it's because one of the ZoR files doesn't get removed from ETW/Data by the launcher. Remove bg_boot_zor.pack from the ETW/Data folder manually and ETW should launch.

Thanks for this my friend was having trouble launching vanilla.

I tried removing this bg_boot_zor.pack file but still i can't play vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by WARner95 View Post
    I tried removing this bg_boot_zor.pack file but still i can't play vanilla.
    it's the user_script you have to remove wich you can find in user/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/empire/scripts.
    can't see appdata? go into control panel, search folders, and in one of thoose bars you should see ''show hidden folders'' then a tab will come up were you can turn on to show hidden folders in there, then go and find appdata were i told you!

Having an issue downloading the ACW3.4setup.exe file and the audio file as well. After download it tells me that it is unable to find software for selected file. Are there settings I am not aware of that need to be changed? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

Well I tried following the instructions, I downloaded 3.4 3.4.1 patch, and the subfolder, and the ZoR file or whatever the these things are, and when I open the launcher and click CS and US, nothing works. It crashes and says "Empire total war has stopped working" What do I need to do?

I don't know why but everything I want as a mod has never EVER worked for me, and this is one thing that I clearly want to play on. This was one of my favorite historical wars, and now I'm about to give up all hopes of ever playing it because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is working.

Why couldn't you guys have made this a DLC? It seriously would've been a LOT BETTER, AND EASIER than what it is right now. And I seriously wouldn't mind paying for it, because I'd rather pay for it and have it over it than SPENING THE LAST FOUR ING DAYS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS THE OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Well I tried following the instructions

The mod has so far had some 5000 downloads. And some 20 rants from people that could not install it. And a couple apologies from same people, who after really following the instructions, got it working.
    I understand your frustration and there is a possibility you're a special case, but in this case the numbers are against you.

Why couldn't you guys have made this a DLC? It seriously would've been a LOT BETTER, AND EASIER than what it is right now. And I seriously wouldn't mind paying for it, because I'd rather pay for it and have it over it than
    Pick an answer which you think best answers your question:

A. Just to make your life difficult, cause we're axxholes.
    B. Cause we're not programmers, don't know how to make an installer, have no connection with Steam DLCs.

SPENING THE LAST FOUR ING DAYS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS THE OUT!
    Four days... awwww... and so much cursing. I see your four days and raise you 2 ing years of working on the ing mod.
    Last edited by Trig; March 03, 2015 at 09:05 AM.

Default Re: ACW Mod 3.5 Installation Instructions

I got a quick question please. I have ZOR but game says 3.0 in upper left. Is that right or wrong? Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    I got a quick question please. I have ZOR but game says 3.0 in upper left. Is that right or wrong? Thank You
    If the loading screen looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/hhZ1zOX.jpg then you're running 3.6, never mind all other numbers.

Could you please update the instructions for 3.6? I cannot figure out where to drag the ACW files into the game folder. Do I drag into data or just the game folder Empire Total War?

Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    Could you please update the instructions for 3.6? I cannot figure out where to drag the ACW files into the game folder. Do I drag into data or just the game folder Empire Total War?
    As it says in the appropriate thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Beta-Released-!!!

You can download the current v3.6 Beta here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7s...oR+3.6+Beta.7z
    (unzip it with 7zip and copy the ACW folder found inside into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War, overwriting existing files there)

Hello i checked everything 3 times to make sure it was downloaded and installed correctly which it was, ichose to run as vanilla as the instructions say to, but wheni run it it won't run it loads for 2 seconds then just stops. If i run it as ACW ready then it loads as if it were normal empire total war what is happening.

You didnt move your startpos correctly then.

Hello all, I hope I can find some help here. I started tonight trying to ad this mod. Ive become a bit bored with DarthMod and figured this would be a good break for awhile.

I downloaded ACW 3.4 4 times, I understand in the description it states the file should download as a single .exe file and will not need to be unzipped. This is not the case for me. Each time I download the file it does not perform as a installer. I only have the options to "Open" or "Save" when downloading. The cpu cant ID a program to open the file with and the icon is a blank white sheet of paper. This is all pretty oblivious to me, but I am assuming I have an issue with the download....? I cant extract the file as I get a "wrong password" error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I search for a couple of hours trying to locate an identical issue but could not.

linux?

im having only a small issue where the acw sub thing cant find my empire.exe, it keeps saying i have a Application load error, when trying to run the program. please help, thanks

Reporting successful installation!!! This mod is greatest advent since the wheel!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast