Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

Starscepter's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

@ Live2sculpt
    Dear Sir,
    I noticed in post #296 of this thread that the map you posted has Noble Cards I've never seen. I think I see Woodville, Vere and Butler (I think), among others. Are these Noble Cards part of a mod or are they part of an edition of the game I'm unaware of?
    I would also like to DL them (if you have files you are willing to share) to use in my game. I assume there are slightly different rules and I would guess they have different starting locations in the game.
    Any help or links to further information is requested. Thank you.

Most wanted mod 2016...good luck...

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Starscepter View Post
    @ Live2sculpt
    Dear Sir,
    I noticed in post #296 of this thread that the map you posted has Noble Cards I've never seen. I think I see Woodville, Vere and Butler (I think), among others. Are these Noble Cards part of a mod or are they part of an edition of the game I'm unaware of?
    I would also like to DL them (if you have files you are willing to share) to use in my game. I assume there are slightly different rules and I would guess they have different starting locations in the game.
    Any help or links to further information is requested. Thank you.
    Sorry, I thought I replied to this question some time ago..

I'm not sure which version of Kingmaker you are accustomed to. I started by using the Board Games Geek entry (complete with scans and alternative rules and decks), and then expanded my search from there.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/987/kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by SAMOGITIAN PAGAN View Post
    Most wanted mod 2016...good luck...
    Thanks. You remind me to double check with Neadal and see how he has gotten on with the bug fix...

Starscepter's Avatar Laetus

Thank you very much. Good luck on the mod!

He gave up modding for now due to university, but hopefully he'll have the work he's done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    He gave up modding for now due to university, but hopefully he'll have the work he's done so far.
    That would explain why I had not heard back from him in a while.

With Roz suffering from a medical condition, my own inability to do more than the UI effectively, and the general age of the engine, it might be that this package will not get finalized. If Nedal (or another modder with superior script-editing skills than myself) can't come through, B&R may need to be abandoned. Sad, because so much content had been made for it. For MY part, the research involved already yielded about $20,000 in other contracts for myself. But now my studio load had tripled from what it was when this began, plus I'm getting ready for a wedding. Unless this team gets an infusion of additional talent, I will not be able to carry it the rest of the way. Even with Gemini Sandy's excellent models, if the nuts and bolts that make this thing fly can't be screwed into place properly, then his and my graphics labor are just a pile of tga files.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    That would explain why I had not heard back from him in a while.

With Roz suffering from a medical condition, my own inability to do more than the UI effectively, and the general age of the engine, it might be that this package will not get finalized. If Nedal (or another modder with superior script-editing skills than myself) can't come through, B&R may need to be abandoned. Sad, because so much content had been made for it. For MY part, the research involved already yielded about $20,000 in other contracts for myself. But now my studio load had tripled from what it was when this began, plus I'm getting ready for a wedding. Unless this team gets an infusion of additional talent, I will not be able to carry it the rest of the way. Even with Gemini Sandy's excellent models, if the nuts and bolts that make this thing fly can't be screwed into place properly, then his and my graphics labor are just a pile of tga files.
    New to the community, joined just to say that I'm sorry things are not going well with the mod, would have loved to play it. Hope something comes up but if not that's cool too, I can already tell that this would have been one of the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Hornwood View Post
    New to the community, joined just to say that I'm sorry things are not going well with the mod, would have loved to play it. Hope something comes up but if not that's cool too, I can already tell that this would have been one of the greats.
    The theme IS inspired, and VERY doable. Unfortunately the project can't be finished without more volunteers. The age of the engine alone keeps the modding traffic away. And we needed new blood to see this complete. I've packed all of the files onto backup storage, and would be MORE than glad to bring them back onto the workbench for finishing IF a new modding volunteer wants to come help complete it.

Originally, Roz had thought of doing this under Stainless Steel. I'm reconsidering moving it back over there, seeing that SS remains one of the most active M2TW hosted modding sub-forums even now in 2016. By setting it up as a sub-mod for SS, I might have better hopes of picking up talented volunteers.

So, YES, this mod has floundered. But it can't really be called "Dead" just yet.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

The theme IS inspired, and VERY doable. Unfortunately the project can't be finished without more volunteers. The age of the engine alone keeps the modding traffic away. And we needed new blood to see this complete. I've packed all of the files onto backup storage, and would be MORE than glad to bring them back onto the workbench for finishing IF a new modding volunteer wants to come help complete it.

Originally, Roz had thought of doing this under Stainless Steel. I'm reconsidering moving it back over there, seeing that SS remains one of the most active M2TW hosted modding sub-forums even now in 2016. By setting it up as a sub-mod for SS, I might have better hopes of picking up talented volunteers.

So, YES, this mod has floundered. But it can't really be called "Dead" just yet.
    That would be a brilliant idea, I'm sure SS would also have some valuable assets, including modders, that you could utilize!

That would be amazing. Good luck to you!

Any news on development?
    Side note, if you haven't noticed already, Neadal has returned to modding btw!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Is this mod still going ahead or... I wish not to ask be died??

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    Is this mod still going ahead or... I wish not to ask be died??
    Seems things are pretty quiet atm, hopefully our comments will illicit a response from the dev team!

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Any news on development?
    Side note, if you haven't noticed already, Neadal has returned to modding btw!
    Well, yes I am

As for this project, I have now a new approach to solve its issues. Though it will take me quite some time.

1. Will be to reduce the mod to its complete core
    2. Add all the provinces step by step
    3. Add in all the factions

Best regards,
    Aneirin

P.S: Neadal is my old alias
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Hi
    Just popping by to see how things are going.
    My eyes aren't so bad atm but that's probably because I'm not spending a lot of time doing modding.
    I'd advise against going back to Stainless Steel - it's a great mod but loading it is a pita and so much of it we wouldn't need in a mod like this.
    The M2TW engine remains the most moddable one - for me at least.
    I recently got the Steam version with Kingdoms DLC and am surprised at how well the vanilla game plays.
    Yes there's so much that one can change but that is the problem with so many mods - they try and change everything, run out of energy, focus and the playability suffers.

What is the current state of progress.
    What game assets can be assembled to make the mod - is there enough to make a playable game ?

Used2BRoz,

I think the mod won't even start and Live2Sculpt doesn't know why or how to fix it. Its best to build it from scratch. Place the map first, then add factions one by one to the vanilla. Then EDU and EDB. And finally traits and ancillaries, if any. Do not worry about battles, focus on campaign first. Then port AI from some of the available AI's out there.

I made 3 sets of models with some variations some two years ago. 1) Padded aketons and colored tunics (for battle faction differentiation) 2) Partial plate/mail 3) Full plate (German style). It's not much, but sufficient to populate a faction's army with variations in texture colors and weapons (easily swappable). See the attachment. I sent the files to Live2Sculpt as I am working on my own mod now. I would suggest to simply use vanilla late/high Medieval units for now. Worry about aesthetics later.

Sandy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 10, 2017 at 11:35 PM.

Thx for that.
    Sounds like there mod needs a re-think if it's going to start from scratch,
    But a you say the first thing is to get the map sorted.
    You can use Gigantus's bare-geomod files for the basic mod folder and work from there.

any news?

it is dead. full of broken promises...