- reduction fire rate/damage of wall towers
    - bug fixes
    - greek/Barbarian leadership system (as the roman one):
    left roman...middle greek...right barbarian

student (discupulus)...........Ephebus...........Knave
    tribune..............................Dekarchos...........Horde Leader
    legate...............................Lochagos...........Clan Leader
    general...........................Polemarchos.........Chieftain
    consul.............................Strategos.............Warlord. (Dux)
    faction leader, heir..................Basileus.............Warrior King (Rex, Filius Rex)

For the ancillaries:
    roman legion I..................Greek Lochos I.........................Clan Army I
    roman field army I.............Greek Mora I............................Tribe Army I
    roman consular army I........Greek Strategos Army I.............Dux Army I

Greek

Barbarian

- life cycle of characters: adapted elements from GAFH mod (Genetics, Age)
    - 7th campaign: webbirds/Icetorque historical europe unifiedrome Status
    - rebalancing of the army costs/script: double the cost (1000 on home territory, 2000 on enemy)
    (this means any army (only army, not diplomat or spy or killer) even without characters outside an settlement cost 1000 each turn on home territory and 2000 on enemy territory, its independent on the size of the army)
    One character in it results still in the same penalty (1000/2000). 2 characters in the army double the penalty (2000/4000) and so on. It's not dependent on the army size . You can see the effect if you compare after a turn the detailed treasure box on the left side on your campaign screen with the actual treasure value on the lower right side on the screen...the difference is just the penalty
    one army:
    no character 1000/2000
    1 character 1000/2000
    2 character 2000/4000

two armies:
    no characters 2000/4000
    each one 1 character 2000/4000
    each one 2 characters 4000/8000

For the download go to the download thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50107

It will be not save game compatible to 8.0 !
    Of course you can continue with your 8.0 campaigns but probably you get errors

repman
    Last edited by repman; November 05, 2006 at 12:38 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Outlook to Patch BBW 8.1 Greek Leadership System...

so here's an update to the roman/greek/barbarian leadership system
    left roman...middle greek...right barbarian

student (discupulus)...........Ephebus...........Knave
    tribune..............................Dekarchos...........Horde Leader
    legate...............................Lochagos...........Clan Leader
    general...........................Polemarchos.........Chieftain
    consul.............................Strategos.............Warlord. (Dux)
    faction leader, heir..................Basileus.............Warrior King (Rex, Filius Rex)

For the ancillaries:
    roman legion I..................Greek Lochos I.........................Clan Army I
    roman field army I.............Greek Mora I............................Tribe Army I
    roman consular army I........Greek Strategos Army I.............Dux Army I

Any suggestions for 8.1 ???????????????????????????ß
    Last edited by repman; October 09, 2006 at 05:32 PM.

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Outlook to Patch BBW 8.1 Greek Leadership System...

How about adding Prometheus' rider animations? or even the Promethean legions? - looks great when the riders are holding the reins.
    Also, I prefer the Roman player formations you get in Darthmod - no overlap which means that the principes / triarii can move forward and manouvre without going through the hastati.

Default Re: Outlook Patch BBW 8.1 Greek/Barbar Leadership System..90%

Please allow a variant that lets you build walls, you could just include as an alternate .txt file that we have to swap out manually, that would be perfect.

- Ferres/godzilla legions are nice
    - i like the marcus/typhoon player formations
    - you can build walls, its only very expansive; the magnus campaigns have walls....you can include manually walls in the barebones campaigns if you want

repman

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hail Repman,Love your work,just a suggestion keep the romans as is and make the other faction units stronger should make for real bloodbath in the battles,regards Magpie

@magpie
    Which factions do you think I should make stronger, or which units are bad balanced ?

repman

Why Make The Romans Weaker, They Are Already Weak. Phyrric Always Bullies My Romans And They Are So Strong. I Usually Spend 3-4 Full Stacks To Destroy Him. Reducing Roman Stats Would Be Ahistorical. If Romans Were Weak They Would Not Survive Those Days. I Read Somewhere That Roman Diplomacy, Stubborn Attitude, Strongest Infantry Army, Organized Government Made Her Superior Than Other States. I Dont Like When Greek Or Makedonian Unit Push In Hastati Line So Fast And Route Them. A Principe Lines Actually Fight Better Because Those In The Front Get Back And Those In The Rear Stays Where They Were And Greeks End Up Being Surrounded And Killed. I Know A Lot Of People Complain That They Think Romans So Strong. Actually Romans Were Warrior Nation. The Senate Assembled Roman Legions And Disbanded Them After Wars To Collect Taxes. A Dead Member Of Hastati Or Triarii Unit Means Loss Of A Tax Payer To The Senate. To The Barbarians It Meant Less To Feed. Please Keep Romans Strong.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hail Repman,I think your unit stats are great just a couple of small things give all low end early non missile troops a small increase in defence,merc infantry say a defence of 5 pikemen similar ect this would make them hold a little longer,Give all generals more cavalry and raise early units defence slightly this would help them survive a bit longer and keep their armies morale up.I think with these small changes the campaigns would be more aggressive?.Hope you wont be offended by my suggestions regards magpie.

Default Re: Outlook Patch BBW 8.1 Greek/Barbar Leadership System..96%

@nemesis
    Fight phyrrus in a later part of the game with better troops
    Romans weaker means back to 7.0 level for game play reasons

@magpie
    I appreciate always feedback cause myself I'm not playing to much
    the moral for weaker/early units (as archer,...) i have raised only a little bit (not as high as in 7.0)
    for the carthago units i have increased the attack values one click

repman

Cavalry needs to be much more effective against peltasts, archers and artillery crews. Seeing Cretan archers routing my barbarian cav is ridiculous, and it lessens the importance of having cavalry at all.

@wolfgrinn
    maybe different with the new settings in 8.1

additionally there will be a 7th campaign Webbirds/Icetorque Historical Europe Unifiedrome (walls, no Landbridges)
    so we have now all combinations

repman

Moin Moin,

hi repman - I like to say thats the 8.0 is great , i fight a battle in the morning time ,
    in an area with light forest, a mountain on my left wihich glow in the sun, and the extraordinary sky gleaming in read - really great

I play now for 2 weeks a campain with 8.0 and my opinion ist that the greeks are to strong !

I´ve had a full stack with roman princeps and triarii with exp 3 with a general 3 stars,

and thye will be "weggefegt" from the greeks - I think they are to heavy

I happens more than one time.

the gallic and spanish forces are very strong at the beginning, but they haven´t enough people in the villages and they have no chance in the longer playtime.
    By the way, is there a possibility to change the crazy people in the villages ?
    they are 400 or less and make terrorism in the village like 10000, in that case they kill 2 times my generals, and thy have 1600 men in the village - thats make me angry, because its not real life - not the killing of the general but the terrorism of 400 wives ,children and old men

hmm... seems exciting go greeks!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Foederatus

Default Re: Countdown BBW 8.1 ...

I have started counting on my fingers, I hope you are on time with the update :-)

Default Re: Patch BBW 8.1 is out !!

Hehe the patch 8.1 is out !!!

Enjoy the game

repman

The Character penalty applies to player only or does it apply to AI too?
    I like the idea - because it makes war more expensive (as it should be).
    By the way are units generally more expensive than in Vanila RTW?
    I hate when small nations can produce huge armies each turn. (I ussually triple unit cost in my games and double upkeep)

@killmore
    In 8.1 the character field penalty applies only to the player, in contrast to BBW 8.0. Result are larger numbers of AI armies similar as in 7.0. Very small factions get money benefits for better survival, but because of limited population they will not generate too many armies.

repman

If you want to download BBW 8.0 and its latest patch, you can check the links below.

Edit:
    links deleted because:
    Updated link for full version BBW 8.1 by myself in the download section
    Last edited by repman; October 17, 2007 at 02:20 AM.

Can someone help me how to play Provincial campaign!!!??? I can only play Imperial campaign!

the exception unknown software exception 0xc00000fd .....

This is error!!! Apear when i want to play provincial campaign.!!!!!
    Last edited by cvele1984; January 25, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast