Thread: Fear the Asari

Default Fear the Asari

I generally don't like the Asari, I think they are a Mary-Sue race (not to mention basically being female humans with head-tentacles and blue skin). However this essay brings up an interesting theory about them based on the Ardat-Yakshi:

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2012/1...sari-parasite/

Thoughts? Think this is a stupid essay? I realize a lot of it is just conjecture based on a partial understanding of genetics and isn't supported or implied in-game.
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; February 16, 2014 at 01:29 AM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Default Re: Fear the Asari

If you've paid attention to the information throughout the games, it should be pretty obvious early-on (ME1-early, even) that the Asari are essentially a parasitically-reproducing species. And if you take into account the very interesting bachelor party NPC dialogue from ME2, it's also fairly reasonable to assume that the Asari have evolved towards that reproductive style, too, as they basically appeal to any humanoid species out there.

But the Ardat Yakshi? Yeah, really not much more than conjecture, if well-thought-out. It's interesting to note, though, that the author completely ignores the Protheans, who we know had an incredibly strong influence on Asari development down to the spiritual level (Asari gods are Protheans, even though most modern Asari don't know this any longer). It's not far-fetched to assume that the Protheans also had more than one hand in actual Asari evolution.

As someone who only dabbles in genetics the idea of the Ardat-Yakshi as being a throwback trait sounds very interesting. Not that I'm sure it makes perfect sense from that perspective but I like it.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

They were probably made to be beautiful if the protheans oversaw them, after all we hear javik say hey the protheans found the asari attractive, and something along the lines, 'if liara only knew'?