Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalfos campaign idea SUBMOD (a suggestion made to submod/add-on). Version 2a!

Civis

Default Stalfos campaign idea SUBMOD (a suggestion made to submod/add-on). Version 2a!

For Hyrule Total War version 3.5. Last update 11/march/2014 or march 11th 2014.

Hello again and thank you for having pascience with this submod. Sadly it will be the last version that I will upload here[maybe some fixes but nothing more], because it is time consuming and I have run out of ideas (or some of them required a lot of scripting, that would make the game slower). After the upload Iīm going to post from time to time how to code the respective files required for making these changes. Hopefully, someone else would find them useful for their respective mod/submod.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j...dea_Vers2a.rar

How to install:
    0.- Download the file from the provided link.
    1.- I recommend to make a backup copy of the whole HTW mod folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule). If you donīt want to back up all that folder, at least back up every file that is going to be changed. [sidenote: there is a folder called "text" inside "data" folder, I strongly recommend to make a backup copy the whole folder].
    2.- Using winrar or winzip (other compressing program), extract the folder called "data" that is inside the "HTW Stalfos necromantic idea Vers2a" folder inside the .rar archive with the same name.
    3.- Replace the next files located in your hyrule total war folder WITH the files provided from that extracted folder "HTW Stalfos necromantic idea Vers2a" [sidenote: if you notice, some of them are inside a bunch of folder; this is intended and the purpose of this is to give an idea of where shall the required files be replaced].
    These are:
    --> export_descr_building.txt Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data

--> campaign_script.txt Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

--> descr_strat.txt Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

--> descr_regions.txt Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\base OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\base

--> historic_events.txt Located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\text OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\text

--> descr_wall.txt located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data . It is not necesary but it fixes the issue of the medieval-like settlement destroying the siege equipement with two arrowshots.

4.- ERASE the file "map.rwm". This file has the setting of the campaign map (I think, Iīm not sure ), and it is needed to be erased in order of the hidden resources stuff (stalfos recruiting units by regions) to work. Donīt worry, this file will be automaticaly generated again by the game. It is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\base OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\base

Extra stuff:
    5.- replace the file descr_battle.txt that is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\battle\custom\13_Mission_12 with the file provided in the .rar . This is a fix realized some time ago by Neph; it fixes the issue about the custom settlement for the 12th Hyrule historia mission not working.

What it changes:
    There are mayor changes for two faction and lesser one for another, plus I added some units that werenīt available in HTW version 3.5.

"""""Stalfos"""""
    ---> Played by the player
    -> Basically have the same structure as the last version: The population of a settlement will decrease when the stalfos annex it. Each level of barrack or farm will decrease the population even more; this will make the people more unhappy, so it will become rebelious very easy. There is no happiness bonus in any building, so the stalfos relies in the castle level. The capitals have more unhappiness bonus than normal settlement.
    -> The more population you "harvest" by maintaining annexed the settlement, more income you will have in relic income bonus. This time, the population will decrease faster, but until the settlement has 400 people [it seems that it canīt go lower]. I DID NOT CODE THE SACKING OR EXTERMINATION OPTION, so you will loose potential money if you choose one of these option after conquering a city.
    -> NEW recruiting system added to the old one. You can still recruit in barracks, But now you can recruit the units by the terrain you are located, example: need a dark stalfos? go conquer any city of the culture of darknut, need stal zarko? go and conquer any lanayru or zora city, and so on. Even "rebels cities" between the initial settlement counts (It is done by hidden resource metod, so it is fixed from starting).
    -> A little surprise when conquering Hyrule castle in the campaign map.
    -> I toned down the earnings by harvesting population, because felt it was overpowered at some point, specially because of the stats of the stalfos units. You should rely on the feature that still exist from the mod: necromancing the death and rise an army from this. To make it work, you should always protect the necromancer and position him inside any city; so after a big battle you will have tons of new army (Specially in great victory).
    ---> Played by AI
    -> NEW, for performance purporses, I disabled the complex script that lowered the people depending of the building of the settlement, and instead added a simplified one.
    -> In turn 35 or something like that they will spawn an army and attack the strongest factionS in the current game. To not make it complicated and to not make the game slower I just measured the quantity of settlement owned by the faction. It is only for the most probable factions to become empire. I have not tested this thing in a real campaign game, so I donīt know how it will be.

Comments:
    It took me much time these little changes, specially the spawning ones because it became so glitching at some point. I could not make the killing stalfos building more simplified; and I almost feel that is a crime to add a new 1500 or more monitors to the script, but it will be there only for the one who plays the stalfos. There is no command to measure the population of a settlement; so I made counters and calculate it basing on a simple measure and prediction by experience (basically I have to predict from the beginning the population of a city in X turn), it may not be exact, because I make a simplified line of growing population instead of a curve that would adapt more to the conditions of the bonus population buildings. There is a total of 107 cities to calculate its population over time, plus different farming levels and different starting population (I took these three in consideration to make the basic line function). [I would be more successful with my life if I invested less time in these kind of things]

"""""Sheikah"""""
    ----> Played by the player
    -> NEW: The sheikahs will play a little different this time. You will start in shadow stance and you will have to conquer settlement relying on mercenaries and some units gained by conquering rewards. The rewards are based on the quantity of conquered settlement still in control of the hylians (you will loose the quantity of settlement "controled" if these settlement gets conquered by any other faction).
    -> NOT SO NEW: Not fixed, but rather allowed the next thing: When the sheikahs(shadow stance) conquers a city, it will become part of the hyrule kingdom in the next turn. This was already in the original script by neph, but it was cancelled out because a commented line. I take it out and it seems to works perfectly. I added a spawned town guards to each settlement that pass to hylian control.
    -> NEW: Each city you conquer in shadow stance will be under your control in shadows ways; the hylians take controls but that settlement secretly counts as yours in a little portion. If other faction takes that settlement, you will loose that portion of control. If the hyrule kingdom takes a settlement, that settlement will not have your portion of control.
    -> NEW: The rewards:
    ----<<>> Shadow influenced trade routes income: You will gain income for every settlement that you control in shadow stance. It will increase the relic income, it will not go down even with loosing settlements but you need to get a higher amount of settlement under shadow sheika control.
    ----<<>> Recruiting based on Acomplishment: More unit will be spawn for more settlement under "shadow" control. It is given almost for every two settlement, and it will add more units for more settlement you have under control in shadow stance; Until a certain point where may almost needed to pass to DEATH stance. (both rewards will apply until the next turn).
    -> NEW: DEATH stance of death: You will have only one chance of changing to death stance in the entire campaign. You will have to gain as much settlement with "shadow" control as possible. At the moment where you go to death stance there is no go back.
    -> NEW: Complementing the previous point, passing to death stance will make a random chance to gain a settlement that has a portion ("shadow") control of yours; meaning that settlement from the hylians will inmediatly pass to yours hands. The chance is more or less 60%, and it will apply for every controlled settlement individually (So you could gain almost all the settlement or none of them in some cases). In any case, the relation with the hylians will become the worst and it may be instant war.
    -> NEW: Better (from my point of view) recruitment in death stance: There are all the sheikahs units for the barracks but there is a little difference. Using the hidden resource trick, I added a special recruitment: king makers will require a grand barracks and a region with hylian culture, meaning that cannot be recruited inside the initial region of hyrule kingdom and its neighbors; you will recruit blood wizards instead.
    ----> Played by the AI
    -> None. I couldnīt give myself time to think and implement a cool challenge for the player. I donīt feel that I want a conventional faction from them. I was going to add a defending sheikahs for the hylians settlement. They are some codes hidden inside campaign_script.txt made by Neph, I believe, that do the same thing but they are commented by ";"(canceled).

Comments:
    It took me time, but not as much as the stalfos, where I had to calculate things. I learned from here to use the random counter generator (the same used for the ruins reward chance). Iīm impressed with the different results that the changin stance will do, maybe it will improve greatly the replayability of a saved game. I notted that the rewards arrives one turn late, but it sure will arrive. I feel that Iīm rushing this realise without making something interesting for the sheikahs as AI played faction.

"""""Twili"""""
    ----> Played by the player
    -> NEW: I made something like a mini-campaign. I started working on it before neph posted the very first playthrought of the twili civil war. Because many considered cool to have a civil war predule in the campaign map, I tried to see if it was possible. I ended up with a very simplistic and scripted civil war, but I managed to make midna appereance in the campaign.
    -> NEW: At the beginning of the game, you will have to make a choice: to join or to not join to midnaīs forces. Not joining midna forces will make the campaign exactly the same as HTW 3.5. Joining Midna will make you loose the palace of twilight and win valran. There will be midde forces and zant forces as rebel faction, and will siege Valran for two turns and then attack.
    -> If you defeat middee before taking the palace of twilight, she will join you. If zant is defeated in Valran, he will spawn with an army in the palace of twilight. Thatīs pretty much all. I have not tested every posibility, but I did what I could do.
    -> Middee played as zant campaign may not be inside Valran. I did a script for that but I couldnīt test it.
    ----> Played by AI
    -> Just increased the money the make each turn. I had no time to implement any interesting thing to them that would make us feel them like twili.

Comments:
    As I said before, I started to make this before Neph posting the twili playthrought in the announcement tread. It has many inconsistencies with HTW lore and it doesnīt add the greatness of the four twili cities civil war; only a defend situation and then a last stand situacion. I added middee after seeing the playthrought, because it caused me many problems with her joining midna. Just something fun until the real one arrives sometime in summer (or earlier I hope).

""""Other changes""""
    -> I added a bunch of units that werent recruitable in the original HTW 3.5: dodoblin, moblinox, , doomknocker, flail knights, will now be recruited from barracks.
    -> Devoured, wind wishes and elder goats are now recruitable at their respective capital, but it requires the highest barracks.
    -> Now the hyrulean mounted knight can be recruited form lon_lon ranch after upgrade it to armoury and building a lon lon upgrade.
    -> Ruby guards and fire mounted warriors can now be recruited; both requires grand barracks (I think). Ruby guards are recruitable in death mountain and fire mounted warrior are recruited in dodongos cavern.
    -> I fixed the factory of labrynna, now it should work properly (someone else found the fix).
    -> phanton of tarms are recruited at large barracks only in the cultural zone of fairies.
    -> Bronze and Iron knucles are recruitable only in spirit temple, but it requires large or grand barracks.
    -> Old fix: the twili and the darknut can now upgrade the city level. They can also build mines and farms (If I remmember well).
    -> Old fix: I added the file descr_walls.txt that has a correction that will fix (or evade) the problem of medieval-like settlements destroying siege equipement with two arrows. The arrows looks like ballista arrows now, but at least donīt destroy the siege equipement with 2 hits.
    -> Old fix: I added a file that fix the custom settlement issue in the 12th hyrule historia mission. This file was delivered by Neph, but I donīt remember where to find it (It is somewhere in announcement tread I think).

There are more changes than testing. I tested the basic function of almost every change but I did not tested by playing the campaign. There might by many issues regarding unbalanced factions.

If there is anything wrong with these files or some of the instructions, please let me know and I will try to fix it. In a few days Iīm going to start posting in this thread all the changes that are required to make, to make this submod possible; This with the purpose of making these changes more easy to be understood and maybe be aplied to any other mod/submod.

This submod is compatible with other submods that only changes the file "export_descr_unit.txt". I recommend you http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-1-18-14

Outdated stuff :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    NEWS:
    I have fixed the problem with the game crashing with certain faction. If you installed (or copied the files or whatever) this submod version 1 or version 1b, I beg you to copy the attached file called "historic_text.txt" to a folder called text located in Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data. I have made a copy of the same file in a folder called "back_up text files". I have fixed the same file in the text folder of the .rar file I updated in mediafire. Iīm sorry for the invonvinience. If it crashes i the first turns when playing with twili, hyilian or sheikas, maybe this fix will fix that.
    historic_events.txt
    olds:

Hi, I bring you this:
    Stalfos campaign idea (a suggestion: I made this kind of add-on/submod to prove that itīs possible to implement this idea)

Version 1c (17/Feb/2014):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/t4..._ideaVer1c.rar

How to install:

1.- Make a backup copy of these files (or rename them)[is important to not loose any of these files if something gets wrong]:
    a) export_descr_buildings.txt (located in Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data)
    b) campaign_script.txt (located in Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)
    c) historic_events.txt(located in Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\text)

2.- Download the HTW_Stalfos_necromantic_idea.rar ; copy the files with the same name (export_descr_buildings.txt, campaign_script.txt, historic_events.txt) and paste it in the exact same location (they are inside many folders, so it resembles the direction of where do these files must be pasted).

3.- Enjoy. Play it and tell what do you think of this.

What is it:

It is an implementation of an interesting idea suggested in another thread (mixed ideas), where the stalfos slowly deplett the population of any settlement they take, have normal tier recruiting like other factions and other interesting stuff.

In this submod, I tried to implement some main aspect that I think it would be more logical for the stalfos to have:
    1.-The settlement and town taken by the stalfos will be more rebellious(because of survival), so many building with happiness bonus will not have that effect.
    2.-The settlement will start loosing population. Each barracks level and farming level will kill more people, and will make them more rebellious. Each castle level will maintain order (it will be like the stronghold of the stalfos in the settlement).
    3.-not logical but for economy (because of how the game works) each turn that stalfos holds a settlement that has population, will increase the rupees earned each turn (will increase relic income). It is related with how many "souls" have been harvested from the stalfos,
    [Notice i said each turn the stalfos holds a settlement. I did not program the loss of population by exterminating the people when conquering a settlement; because of that, you should consider that it is always better take the settlement with the maximum survived population as possible, so it can be "harvested" later;; all of that because Iīm not an expert modding]
    4.-Some important settlement (like factions capitals) will give you extra units available for recruit related to the faction (domain prime will enable you to train extra zarkos stalfos)

Basic description

What does it do exactly?:

This submod was originally intended to have only one file modified to maintain simplicity in the installation, but because of engine limitation and many other problems it required to add a script in campaign_script.txt to make a settlement to be able to loose population. (Dam it, the population_bonus for buildings can have negative values but it cannot surpass the base farming level, so they always grows even when they show it has a negative grow bonus).
    -->For settlements under the stalfos control:
    -These will always loose population just because of occupation (the number is fixed and it depends on the size of the settlement).
    -The barracks levels work just like the barracks of any other faction, but it will decrease more the population and make it more rebellious.
    -the farms will not give farm bonus but will give units to train, and will decrease more the population and the public order.
    -Some capitals and important settlement will give you more units to train, which units will depend of the capital (ontheon gives dark stalfos for example)
    -fighting pits and animals ranch will give some unit to train (little in numbers).
    -relic income will increase depending of how many people from the settlement have been loose by occupation+barracks+farms. the increment may not be exact because it is an estimate of it; there are no commands for the script to verify the quantity of the population of the settlement).

-->For necromantic armies
    - It has the exact same script that UndyingNephalim did for spawning more stalfos when winning a battle. To make this work you have to be sure that the Necromancer is inside any settlement owned by the stalfos; the raised army will spawn the next turn inside the settlement where the necromancer is located.

-->Buildings
    - I make the building "mind node" available for the stalfos and it gives bonus to the public order. (I make this because i donīt know how to make a new building tree, and it is a building that boost the no deity worship religion).

What does each file do? (specific changes for this add-on/submod)

The export_descr_buildings.txt disables the happiness bonuses for each building for the stalfos; it gives the tier of recruitment; it gives the recruitment availability for the capitals and other important settlement; it offsets the population growth bonus (but it is unable to offset the base farming growth). The building "mind node" is available for the stalfos (because of no deity worship religion).

The campaign_script.txt enables the decreasing of population for any settlement that the stalfos holds; increases the relic income for the population killed via stalfos holding the settlement. It has the script of raising armies by winning battles made by UndyingNephalim.

The historic_events.txt is for a crash that iīm not sure if it will happen to you. I donīt have the original file so I cannot verify, but after winning any battle it crashed for me, so I checked for the cause. It has to do with the message that pop up in the campaign for the stalfos after winning a battle, that it was missing in my historic_events.txt file; if it happens to you, it may fix that problem.

The Negative effects:

-> It needs balance!: I couldīnt make the stalfos able to progress normaly, because i have not so much free time and I will have even less time. So if anyone wants to improve it or ad it to his/her mod/submod/add-on/thing, feel free to do it (I dont care about credit, speccialy for unfinished things).
    -> The stalfos will initially be in bankrupt but in the first war, because of the raising undead armies, it will eventually become overpowerfull.
    -> Because of my stuborness of making the settlement rebelious and the little time i spended testing it, many settlement are dificult to have barracks and farms together.
    -> I have to confess that it may increase the wait time between turns because of the extra lines i added in the campaign_script.txt file.
    -> There may be so many possible ways to improve this; but I didnīt want to make it more complicated (I intended only 1 file and I ended up with 3). There are many things i donīt know how to do, so donīt expect much of this.
    (for example: I donīt know how to make a new building tree)
    ->Maybe i chose poorly the building for public order. It sounds logical to be castles but it cost much money to improve the castle (you have to improve the settlement), but the good side is that it forces you to consider winning battles to raise you armies.
    ->The autoresolve feels like auto-win button. Maybe because the stalfos are fearless.

Changes in version 1b

There is a very big mistake I have made about the file "historic_events.txt" and I must apology for that. I still donīt how this error is caused or how to repair it (besides reinstalling the mod again); The thing is this, I donīt know if the mentioned file changes over time, modifies itself or it modifies when running the game. I know IT remakes a file called "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" each time the game starts up (i think); it is important because from this the game takes the text to present it in pop up messages like the faction intro, the heroes intro, subrosia discovered, zola invasion, raising undeath, sheika stand, etc... ; and if the campaign script order to pop up a message that doesnīt exist in that .bin file, then it crashes to deskpot.

To make it short, I tried to start a game with the twili and It crashed inmediatly because it was missing the message. I remember to have played with them before, and i checked for this and in "historic_events.txt" was missing the intro text for the twili. Is it possible that the game had modify historic_events.txt? I still donīt know, but it worries that that would have happened; first, there was missing the message of the stalfos winning a battle (and I thought that it could be just a little mistake because they are not used that much), but then with this, I īm worried that I have just screwed your files and begins to make crashes.

I fixed the intro message for the twili. There are more than 300 pop up messages scripted in the campaign, so I cannot be sure if all of them are written in historic_events.txt file.
    That is the only change I have made in this version.

EDIT 16 feb 2014: I found out (or at least I believe) what caused the problems and I have 1 bad news and 1 good news. I reinstalled the mod, to obtain the original files and see them. The problem was caused because the original file "historic_events.txt" doesnīt math with the text inside the file "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" (which the game uses). So it is fine and it doesnt cause any problems, you can play the game and every pop up message works fine, BUT when someones mods the game and add a new pop up message (you add it in the file "historic_events.txt") the game use the file historic_events and makes a new historic_events.txt.strings.bin that the game will use for their pop up messages (intro of each faction, new general, zola invason, etc...); That new file will not contain some of the messages because the original file "historic events.txt" doesnīt have it, so it will crash in that turn when the message pop ups.

So the bad news is that I made a file with an aditional text that wasnīt necesary for this submod, and because of that the game created a new historic_events.txt.strings.bin and there will be missing a few message; ehm, long story short, you will crash when playing with twili, kokiri, sheika, wizzrobe and the hylian (the power of not having 17 pop up messages).

The good new is that I found out about it and I will make a new "historic_events.txt" that will contain all the missing message that are found in the original historic_events.txt.strings.bin (I checked with all events scripted in the campaign_script.txt, it took me much time but I hope it will be worth it). I donīt know how could this happened, but either way i found out. I will add the original "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" file too, just in case. I will update this tomorrow or in two days, and Iīm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Changes version 1c

Fixed the file "historic_text.txt" . The game should not crash because of missing pop up messages. ( twili second turn, hylian fifth turn, wizzrobes, sheikas, kokiri, I think thatīs all).

The intention with this is to be a suggestion for improving the campaign in the mod, and i want this idea to be partially or totally implemented. There are many things that i know it wont be there if it is implemented, and one is the 4 tier recruitment: it make the stalfos very powerful and it is unlogical to be able to recruit something like darkstalfos anywhere (I make it available just to see if it worth it). I would like that the extra recruitment for specific settlement to be implemented, like zarkos in domain prime or airu or stallkids in lost woods.
    As I said earlier, I will be very busy the next week or two, so i donīt know if Iīm ever be updating this. I donīt know if you will even think of trying this, either way thank you.
    Last edited by fernavliz; March 11, 2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Updating submod plus testing max amount of text

Default Re: Stalfos campaign idea SUBMOD (a suggestion made to submod/add-on)

Awesome! It was finally made. I'm going to be testing this out.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Cool! Proof that they can be fixed!
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I like the ideas! Will test when I get time. For now, +rep'd!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Icon7 Re: Stalfos campaign idea SUBMOD (a suggestion made to submod/add-on)

You could ad a Zone of recrutment refer to this(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-To-Make-a-ZoR) and make darkstaflos only able, or way faster, to recut in from darknut settlements
    Do do that you would need edit descr_strat and ad it to every region the right one, I have a strat ready for that(there might be mistake in it)
    to make it useable you need to ad the folloing to descr_building file to the hidden_resources part hylian zora other darknut gerudo kokiri deku wiss sheika this only for staflos use
    so sheika for redead and wiss for scythenlord other =stahltroops
    sparta=lizflos arguin=moblins italy=faries
    Example how recut line could look
    recruit_pool "Stalfos Eurdi" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { stalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Stalfos Eurdi" 1 0.4 4 0 requires factions { stalfos, } and hidden_resource gerudo

Hope you could understand that
    Attached Files Attached Files

@ Gebilde.
    That's an interesting way to do it.

Another way we could do it. Is to make the Stolfos recruit Stolfos units by region. Like Mercenaries.
    So in other words, make it that you can recruit Stolfos Mercenaries in all region according to the original inhabitants of that region.

Civis

I forgot to mention a couple of things. Because I used files that I always use and not files that are unmodified of the mod, there extra are things that the files export_descr_buildings.txt and the campaign_script.txt do; and these are not related to the stalfos campaign:

- If the twili faction is played by the AI, it will have a relic income of 3000. (I have not verified it and I donīt know how to verify it) .
    - The twili and the darknut are able to build settlement improvement (village, town, large town, city, huge city)
    - I think i gave the twili the ability to build mines.

Thats all i can remember right now. About the use of hidden resources, I think it would be very useful for this submod and it will be useful for many ideas that are going around (like the recruiting local race militias that I read in how to improve the campaign thread). I might add it later if I have time.

@ fernavliz.

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    I forgot to mention a couple of things. Because I used files that I always use and not files that are unmodified of the mod, there extra are things that the files export_descr_buildings.txt and the campaign_script.txt do; and these are not related to the stalfos campaign:

- If the twili faction is played by the AI, it will have a relic income of 3000. (I have not verified it and I donīt know how to verify it) .
    - The twili and the darknut are able to build settlement improvement (village, town, large town, city, huge city)
    - I think i gave the twili the ability to build mines.

Thats all i can remember right now. About the use of hidden resources, I think it would be very useful for this submod and it will be useful for many ideas that are going around (like the recruiting local race militias that I read in how to improve the campaign thread). I might add it later if I have time.

Good add-ons, and Good fixes.

Civis

I have fixed a missing message that was in the file historic_events.txt . detail and a little explanation in the first post. I have to say that I still donīt know how it is possible, that the message for the introduction when starting a twili campaign was missing; and it worries me that the file itself gets modified (even when it is supposed to be the other way around). Iīm sorry if it caused to anyone a CTD. I really hope it is the last fix related to this file.

On other topic, I may make another update and improve a little bit this thing but it would be in two weeks. I may use the hidden resources idea for the stalfos to make them recruit more units related to its region (In the actual version, only the capitals have this implemented).

Civis

EDIT 16 feb 2014: I found out (or at least I believe) what caused the problems [referring to the crash because missing pop up messages] and I have 1 bad news and 1 good news. I reinstalled the mod to obtain the original files and see them. The problem was caused because the text in the original file "historic_events.txt" doesnīt math with the text inside the file "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" (which the game uses). So it is fine and it doesnt cause any problems, you can play the game and every pop up message works fine, BUT IF someones mods the game and add a new pop up message (you add it in the file "historic_events.txt") the game use the file historic_events and makes a new historic_events.txt.strings.bin that the game will use for their pop up messages (intro of each faction, new general, zola invason, etc...); That new file will not contain some of the messages because the original file "historic events.txt" doesnīt have it, so it will crash in that turn when the message pop ups.

So the bad news is that I made a file with an aditional text that wasnīt necesary for this submod, and because of that the game created a new historic_events.txt.strings.bin and there will be missing a few message; ehm, long story short, you will crash when playing with twili, kokiri, sheika, wizzrobe and the hylian (the power of not having 17 pop up messages).

The good new is that I found out about it and I will make a new "historic_events.txt" that will contain all the missing message that are found in the original historic_events.txt.strings.bin (I checked with all events scripted in the campaign_script.txt, it took me much time but I hope it will be worth it). I donīt know how could this happened, but either way i found out. I will add the original "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" file too, just in case. I will update this tomorrow or in two days, and Iīm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    EDIT 16 feb 2014: I found out (or at least I believe) what caused the problems [referring to the crash because missing pop up messages] and I have 1 bad news and 1 good news. I reinstalled the mod to obtain the original files and see them. The problem was caused because the text in the original file "historic_events.txt" doesnīt math with the text inside the file "historic_events.txt.strings.bin" (which the game uses). So it is fine and it doesnt cause any problems, you can play the game and every pop up message works fine, BUT IF someones mods the game and add a new pop up message (you add it in the file "historic_events.txt") the game use the file historic_events and makes a new historic_events.txt.strings.bin that the game will use for their pop up messages (intro of each faction, new general, zola invason, etc...); That new file will not contain some of the messages because the original file "historic events.txt" doesnīt have it, so it will crash in that turn when the message pop ups.

That's Ok, every one makes mistakes.
    But other that that, Thanks for telling me what is responsible for the Pop-ups in game. (intro of each faction, new general, zola invason, etc...)

I've been looking for this for a bit now. For I could patch up the "Kingdom Of The Golden Land" Mod.
    Thanks. :

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    That's Ok, every one makes mistakes.
    But other that that, Thanks for telling me what is responsible for the Pop-ups in game. (intro of each faction, new general, zola invason, etc...)

I've been looking for this for a bit now. For I could patch up the "Kingdom Of The Golden Land" Mod.
    Thanks. :
    Thank you for your support and Iīm glad that more people are willing to mod. Just one thing: If your "historic_text.txt" file have the next things missing it will happen the same thing as happened to me:
    {GAMESTART_TWILI_TITLE}
    {GAMESTART_FAIRY_BODY}
    {GAMESTART_SHEIKAH_BODY}
    {HERO_MIDO_BODY}
    {GAMESTART_IKANA_BODY}
    {RUINS_FOUNDITEM_BODY}
    {WIZZROBE_ASK_ACCEPTED_BODY}
    {HERO_ZANT_BODY}
    (and other, the total is 17 missing pop up messages).
    I deleted and installed again the whole mod to get the original historic_text.txt. I found out that itīs true, this file is incomplete (compared to historic_events.txt.strings.bin). I think Neph mistaken this with other more completed (I mean, there are like 300 pop up messages, it is ALMOST impossible to know if it is complete just by seeing it). I have uploaded a historic_text.txt file that have the missing text that I found in the original unmoded historic_events.txt.strings.bin (it works because it doesnīt crash). I advice you to use it only in case you have one or more missing text that I mentioned.

and changin the topic: had you played my submod/add-on/thing? What do you think? (Iīm open to any criticism, I know it has many defects)

and changin the topic: had you played my submod/add-on/thing? What do you think? (Iīm open to any criticism, I know it has many defects)
    If your talking about this mod. (Stalfos campaign idea SUBMOD). then yes, I've played it. It works great. You have fix what Neph has yet to do for 2 or more releases now. He should have made the Stolfos playable long ago.

Is there an update for this sub-mod?

Civis

Not yet, but I will make another update later. Iīm planning to use the hidden resource thing and maybe improve (or making something different) to other factions. I was trying to make another code for the sheikahs to make them able to gift taken cities to hylians when in shadow stand; then I found out that the original code worked very well and it strangely have one ";" that canceled that code (the effect of that code), so now it works well (I think; 107 possible cities are too much to test).

I really donīt know what else add to the stalfos; So I may add other little things beside them. After that Iīm planning to make a post in this thread about all the thinks I did to make these changes work, an maybe someone will make it better by their own.

If we're talking about other little things, I'm sure that you also noticed that the Sheikah are supposed to recruit the Devoured at the Shadow Temple, but this was commented out, for whatever reason, and the Gorons are supposed to be able to recruit the Ruby Guard at the Fire Temple, but cannot because it's misspelled as "Rugby Guard."

Civis

I thought they were commented because they were unbalanced but maybe it was because of some of them being misspelled. It is risky to have misspelled lines, because it has a big possibility to crash the game (I remember that with a misspelled thing in EDB, it crashes just before the main menu). Strangely I didnīt notice that misspelled word before.

The Devoured only seem like they're unbalanced, but from my perspective I'd almost always rather recruit Assassins instead because the Devoured don't have any special abilities that set them apart, just improved stats, and the Assassins have over twice as many men per unit. If the Devoured could cause fear in Infantry units or could trample or something I might have a reason to recruit them, but as-is I'm not really tempted. If they weren't commented out, they'd be useful before you built a decent barracks, though.

Nothing misspelled about it, though. If you delete the semicolon, the Sheikah will be able to recruit the Devoured at the Shadow Temple just fine. It was probably commented out for potential balance reasons, like an early Devoured rush or somesuch. Even if they're not nearly as good as Assassins, in my opinion, they're still quite strong, and being able to recruit them immediately might have been a concern.

Civis

.. I think I got a solution. Someone said in another post (i donīt remember exactly) that the "recruit pool" thing can be like in two different buildings, one that gives the max amount of the unit and the other that gives the replenish time (increase replenish time), so it is possible to have a unit that can be recruited in one building but it requires another to eventually make them available. Maybe in the next update I make of this thing I apply this to these special units.

It also seems as though the Gorons are supposed to be able to build Mounted Fire Warriors at Dondongo's Cavern - his spelling, not mine - so you may want to look into that as well. Would you consider just enabling the various units for the campaign already in the files yet not present? Wind Witches for the Gerudo, Trap-door Gohma, and so forth. What changes are you planning on making, anyways? I was greatly impressed with your implementation of the Stalfos mod, so I'm looking forward to the next edition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast