Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improved animations and formations for Hoplites, Legionaries & Polybolos

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Improved animations and formations for Hoplites, Legionaries & Polybolos

Can you make Hoplites to hold spears uperhand?

That would be a realy improved animation addition!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Improved animations and formations for Hoplites, Legionaries & Polybolos

I would really like to see a simple change (someone already did it but file disappeared) to animations of the pike phalanx, could you make the fourth row hold their spears facing down and give them the animation of 1st row pike position?

Either you have to do it or I have to learn how to mod RTW2 animations I guess.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

hello there! I'm literally in love with this mod and was wondering if there were any plans to update this mod soon??? I'm using DEI, and while the mod works wonderfully, at times, the animations of my men or sometimes even enemy units will jump around a bit, sometimes enemy men will spin around a couple times, don't understand why but its whatever. and would it be possible to do something similar to this for hastati, principes?? I think some animation mod to help represent the manipular style of the romans would be fantastic!

I did this video using your mod, result is awesome on my opinion from a historical and realistic point of view. Finally realistic hoplite phalanx battles! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tunwOI5O-Pg
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by tob View Post
    am i the only one who thinks asking for a non-steamworkshop link, does probably not own the game? if you have problems with workshop you can take it up on the steam forum, there are alot of support for it there...
    Well that's a silly thing to think then. Just because we're forced onto to Steam to play the game don't mean we want to do everything else through it. I like handling my Mods the old way and find I have far less hassles when installed manually. Trying to make out people who don't want to download from it are criminals is also highly insulting and stupid.

Think before you write next time.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; August 11, 2014 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well that's a silly thing to think then. Just because we're forced onto to Steam to play the game don't mean we want to do everything else through it. I like handling my Mods the old way and find I have far less hassles when installed manually. Trying to make out people who don't want to download from it are criminals is also highly insulting and stupid.

Think before you write next time.
    well it sounds suspicious, not criminal, even on my opinion. Personally I find very easy and immediate the steam workshop for mods, so I don't understand why people should use manual installation IF there is same possibility in steam and is faster.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    I did this video using your mod, result is awesome on my opinion from a historical and realistic point of view. Finally realistic hoplite phalanx battles! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tunwOI5O-Pg
    realistic with overarm thrusts? hardly.. but this is not a place for this discussion.. and i feel i posted enough of solid evidence to even wanting to discuss it once again..

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    realistic with overarm thrusts? hardly.. but this is not a place for this discussion.. and i feel i posted enough of solid evidence to even wanting to discuss it once again..
    realistic with underarm, underarm thrusts, both from above and low, exactly.
    Anyway I don't want to discuss it too. Time is precious.

Igo's Avatar Libertus

Suspicious, criminal - because someone likes to have control over their bought/paid for game and the mods they wish to apply.
    Why should I give control to a company, its bad enough I have to go online.
    I should have the right to choose where and from who I download.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

I don't really like the thought of steam (since it's a corporation) having control over mods. In addition to that I definitely do not want to encourage steams growth in any way because I absolutely hate having to download games. It's very annoying when you have a relatively tiny bandwith cap of 120gb for a family.

Hardcopy disc's...where are you???
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I don't really like the thought of steam (since it's a corporation) having control over mods. In addition to that I definitely do not want to encourage steams growth in any way because I absolutely hate having to download games. It's very annoying when you have a relatively tiny bandwith cap of 120gb for a family.

Hardcopy disc's...where are you???
    oh come on, steam is a so great invention. Everything in one place. Usually in few hours I have the game downloaded, which is not so terrible.

Yep, I (ofc) have a legit copy of Rome plus some DLCs and like to download mods by myself and install them in my Rome folder and using then the TWC Mod Manager. It's not about being a pirate, it's about having total control of your mods (as already said here).
    On the other hand, steam is not that bad in terms of allowing the community to share more easily mods, thoughts, pictures etc. Tho I'll still use TWC < 3

hi, I noticed that Romans before fighting do same things barbarians do. They raise Shields, cry, hit Shields with swords rather casually. It would be cool to see all legionaries hit swords with Shields, not raised and without crying, all at the same time, to create a rhythmic sound which sources mention and was quite scary for enemies. There is already the right animation, you should only make Romans avoid other unnecessary animations.

Arian's Avatar Civis

Hello.Can we play this mod with last patch?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    Hello.Can we play this mod with last patch?!
    Yes, i played yesterday with emperor edition

so is this mod planning on being updated any time soon or did moonhoplite abandon it?

because it's really annoying putting my romans in "roman formation" and here them go "HUAH" every two second

I don't know why but after installing this mod the units were barely fighting eachother. Like 2 hoplites out of a whole unit were fighting. Then I removed the mod and now my game wont launch. It stops responding on the logo screen. Immediatly after launching it. Can anyone help me?

@Vasito This mod is outdated and won't be updated.
    Check our mod Greeks at War. We have achieved the most historical accurate phalanx formation ever seen before.

Is this compatible with Luntik's CloseCombt CAI BAI mod?

So no steam links here too? i really like to try this mod. Where are the good old days of TWC? Steam is so annoying and frustrating. I pray that steam gets demolished off the friggin map. i never liked it and never will. You can't install/play a game in offline mode. Many times Games take forever to install, then as soon as you installed an update starts and you can't play well till its done! A game sometimes doesn't install correctly. If steam doesn't work, your games and steam mods don't.
    The very first time i got steam with ETW i waited hours just to try to install steam and the friggin game, and still i had to start all over again because for some reason the installation stuck. I try to buy my games non steam on purpose unless the game comes out steam only which is really frustrating to me.
    Now to me, steam is also ruining sites like TWC were you find great mods and fixes for CA's disaster of R2TW, but i can't friggin download them because of steam. This is getting frustrating and ridiculous.

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast