Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Creative Assembly Terrible DLC Ideas Thread

Default Rome 2 DLC - what's next?

My own speculations of the next DLC.

CA's Undying Love Pack.

Only $14.95 available for download sometime in March. Contains a new helmet for Roman Generals and finally after all this time, the burning pigs DLC!. Fire effects and sound of pigs squealing sold separately for $2.99 each! Like us on Facebook and twitter to receive a bonus free Marc Antony general skin, randomly available upon recruitment in game! YAY! (No, not the one used in all the promo vids we gave him a special helmet now so he is an original model, CA's Undying Love DLC required for helmet to appear.)

Also available for only $3.99 is the new Retro Random Battle Voices Pack!
    No longer will you be required to endure the high pitched horrid shriek of the the guy looking for the foes that may defeat him or saying stuff like "The bastards! They are fighting back!" and other memorable non professional VO's you may have grown tired of. Rome 1 VO's of soldiers will cry out across the field truly bringing total war to the modern age! All the way from 2004!

Both packs available as a one time discounted bundle of $18.99 on the first weekend of release only!
    Last night, the complaints of the fans kept me awake and I had a terrible vision. I saw, the end of our franchise, countless bugs and bad reviews! Total War, GONE. Why would CA release such an unfinished game? They put effort into their work. They have released successful Total War titles aplenty! Their products are shipped to all corners of the world...and yet now I fear, I cannot help it. Total War is the envy of lesser gamers but CA, tell terrible lies to their fanbase, Rome II was bugged and unfinished SO THEY LIE. But Sega, they are the masters of falsehood. DLC will come, I am sure of it, so I will buy no more Total War games, and I think the forums, will be empty tonight.

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Rome 2 DLC - what's next?

Man, you really don't need to start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

To answer your question, I would say we will most likely see a few more unit packs, my guess would be something eastern. maybe some new units for Parthia or maybe the successor states. There's also the possibility that we could seen another small scale CIG campaign DLC. Maybe the roman invasion of britain or a punic wars campaign.

But I honestly don't believe that more mini campaign DLCs would add much to the game. Most scenarios, like the ones i mentioned above are already covered in the main campaign so unless they are going to add some new game mechanics I really don't see the point.

As for unit packs, it's my personal opinion that modders have already got them beat in that department. Thus far they have given us ten times as many units as CA has. I think its okay if CA wants to release a unit pack here or there, they're not forcing me to buy it but I just don't see the point in it for them because we as players already have access to a ton of units. That being said, I'm just waiting hopefully for the next patch, I'm not too concerned with DLC.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Default Re: NEW DLC RELEASED ...SNOOZE OF WAR...ONLY £1.50

[QUOTE=stevehoos;13653794]Sounds like a real good add, should work great with my crock infantry mod.

What if the Romans also built transformers?

Maybe this is a part of it?
    Quickly add some tranformer units to the Julii faction? Call it "Rome 2: Total Annihilation?

Default Re: NEW DLC RELEASED ...SNOOZE OF WAR...ONLY £1.50

Rome II: It even makes the soldiers fall asleep.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Creative Assembly Terrible DLC Ideas Thread

Merged some terrible ideas DLC.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Age of Mythology DLC!

I'm waiting for the 'historically authentic' Ancient Aliens DLC.

"we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Beasts of Sega DLC.

All these slimy sharks in suits, making bullish hand signs, with sh* eating grins on their faces.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

We must have this.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Snowman camel cataphracts
    Polar bear eastern faction DLC
    Roman battle whales

These had better be in the game quick
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

well going with the terrible but plausible DLC for CA

Baghdad batteries DLC as freelc ( a new explanation and a workaround for the spot lights in night battles)
    ancient hand grenade DLC (A new special ability for all units similar to the grenadiers in empire)
    mustard Gas dlc (since someone pointed out it was actually used)
    underwater naval combat and amphibious swimming raiders (Greeks used people to dive under water and recon, like todays frog men)

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You know guys it is pretty impossible to come up with anything worse then Beasts of War. Even an Arcani unit pack would have been awesome in comparison...
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

111289's Avatar Civis

CiG

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I must diverge from the angry mob on the Beasts of War DLC. in my opinion this is EXACTLY the kind of paid DLC they should have a couple nonessential but artfully talented guys/girls working on in a back room while they do the serious work of fixing, and improving, the game.

It is exactly the kind of DLC that should be made (for pennies by people who have nothing else to do with the overall thrust of the product) and can be offered at a reasonable price to niche gamers who want to diversify their experience.

What should NOT be offered as a paid DLC are factions like the Greek City states which are integral to the time frame and should be available to all at release. Shame on CA. Even the Galatians should be free.

Only the most minor, minor factions, totally unheard of by most people should be paid DLC's that niche gamers and completionists would buy. Garamantians and Turdetani, etc.

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by 111289 View Post
    CiG
    despite the fact that cig fixed a lot of problems with the game, added the seasons back in and was overall more enjoyable?
    Been a long time hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I must diverge from the angry mob on the Beasts of War DLC. in my opinion this is EXACTLY the kind of paid DLC they should have a couple nonessential but artfully talented guys/girls working on in a back room while they do the serious work of fixing, and improving, the game.

It is exactly the kind of DLC that should be made (for pennies by people who have nothing else to do with the overall thrust of the product) and can be offered at a reasonable price to niche gamers who want to diversify their experience.

What should NOT be offered as a paid DLC are factions like the Greek City states which are integral to the time frame and should be available to all at release. Shame on CA. Even the Galatians should be free.

Only the most minor, minor factions, totally unheard of by most people should be paid DLC's that niche gamers and completionists would buy. Garamantians and Turdetani, etc.
    I don't agree about the Greek City states being integral to the time frame, but other than that you make a very good point.

Manbearpig + Al Gore unit dlc
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick13 View Post
    despite the fact that cig fixed a lot of problems with the game, added the seasons back in and was overall more enjoyable?
    basically because it took most of the crapily implemented new ideas out. still wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole until it comes way down in price or the game is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Age of Mythology DLC!
    Look at post #71 @ page 4...
    Last edited by jamreal18; February 21, 2014 at 09:30 PM.

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

NEW Historical Characters DLC!

Take control of your legions with the likes of famous generals such as Biggus Dickus, Crismus Bonus and many others!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567