Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-TATW Tolkien Games

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Non-TATW Tolkien Games

In the light of a couple of threads for non-TATW and non-M2 games recently (Total War: Middle-Earth, Shadows of Mordor, the CK2 mod and also elder ones as to Mount & Blade) this will be made the one thread for these kinds of creations, while any multitude of threads will be rejected.
    If there should be one could be questioned as strictly there are more proper places for these topics on TWC (this is a gaming site with forums for such matters, while just this is the TATW forum which should not be forgotten, however merry the intentions), yet it can be deemed a service to the TATW players who are fond of the Tolkien game concept obviously, the topics will reoccur, but mainly in a hope that input and inspiration may go both ways, and that solutions and interpretations (and sometimes even resources) can be a gain for modders of TATW too.
    One thread to rule them all, and all that, and with no acceptance for any flaming obviously

Links will be provided and updated in the OP at need.

// regards Ngugi, 11th Feb 2014

Rome 1 mods:
    * Fourth Age Total War for RTW:BI
    * LotR:TW for RTW:Alexander

Rome 2 mods:
    * Total War: Middle-Earth ; original forum thread

Crusader Kings 2 mods:
    * The Middle-earth Project ; original forum thread

Mount & Blade mods:
    * The Veiled Stars is a LotR mod project, for Mount&Blade: Warband.
    * Last Days (of the Third Age of Middle-earth)
    for Mount&Blade: Warband.
    * Full Invasion 2 mod with LOTR content, for Mount&Blade: Warband.

Other games:
    * Middle-earth - Shadows of Mordor ; original forum thread
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Non-TATW Tolkien Games

He man struck again

Perhaps it would benefit the discussion if everybody who posts here, mentions which game they are commenting on in the first line.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Well if we are to talk about other LOTR projects I might add these which I have been following, but haven't dared to try them out yet due to lack of time. I want to avoid too addictive stuff for a while now.

The Veiled Stars seems to be an interesting Lord of the Rings mod project for Mount&Blade: Warband. The project has been proceeding rather fast and the early dev beta version was released a couple of days ago.

I'd love to have a LOTR based online mod/game. I heard that there is this Full Invasion 2 mod with LOTR stuff to fill that urge too.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Ahhh... I have had such good times playing in Full_Invasion_2 for Warband, yes i definitely recommend it!
    For the Veiled Stars mod, i've been folowing it for quiete a while and it looks very promising indeed.

same here, I downloaded and am rdy to play.

Now does anyone have any extras to add to my former statement that even tough the new total war games add (in another persons words) refinement the older games are still better? And I don't mean just this but I feel that in these older games there is way more managing of your towns, more generals, more overal activity. Generals also are more interesting.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Fourth Age Total War for RTW:BI

LotR:TW for RTW:Alexander

I would also submit "Last Days of The Third Age" to the Mount & Blade section.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    He man struck again

Perhaps it would benefit the discussion if everybody who posts here, mentions which game they are commenting on in the first line.
    If He don't, people start asking me if I quit to have the power (true story)

Assume people will

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I heard that there is this Full Invasion 2 mod with LOTR stuff to fill that urge too.
    It's pretty fun but the balance is insanely off at times, although generally there's always one server thats doing a lord of the rings match up or on a lord of the rings map.

maybe put merp in here, just to show that its not forgotten and we keep hoping WB changes their minds...

Hmm, fear this will turn into some kind of catalogue for non-TATW games now, which is not the intent; henceforth I'll update the OP first as a result of actual debates about games and mod projects

So this is where I should demand a Tolkien mod for another engine with a patronizing attitude?

Indeed; just make sure to express how no one could play such an outdated engine as M2 any longer and how TATW MUST update if it shall be worth anything

Senator

YEAH GUYZ, TOTALLY LIKE, COMPLETELY REVAMP THE MOD FOR ROME 2, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MODDING WORKS OR ENGINE LIMITATIONS AND JUST ASSUME THAT EVERY ENGINE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. I TYPES IN THE CAPZLOCK BECAUSE I HOPE IT MAKES ME STAND OUT AND THAT SEXY PEOPLE LIKE LORTANO AND NGUGI WILL LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE!!!!!

PS: WHY IZ THERE NO ARMY OF GREEN GHOSTS???????????????

(The sexy bit may have been slightly vain on my part.)
    Last edited by ElvenKind; February 13, 2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Posting in Capital Letters is against the rules, next time use normal letters :).

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by manekemaan View Post
    maybe put merp in here, just to show that its not forgotten and we keep hoping WB changes their minds...
    Its dead, Jim.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

what movie reference?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by manekemaan View Post
    what movie reference?
    I think It's really old school (a bit like I am) and not a movie but a television reference.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    If He don't, people start asking me if I quit to have the power (true story)
    Sometimes life is indeed stranger than fiction.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 13, 2014 at 08:31 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Middle Earth - Shadows of Mordor

Quote Originally Posted by Windfola View Post
    Yep,those are wargs. I quess giving them eyes would be too mainstream.
    Ah common, from where did you pull that one out of?

In the books:
    Sauron had many beasts of war he used. Not just mumaks and trolls. But I don't like the aesthetics of those creatures in the pic, no sirree.

Post Moved; respons to this debate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13619208
    /Ngugi
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 13, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Lord of the Rings in the Third Age - War of the Ring v1.3 A Scenario for Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic was THE best Lotr game until TaTw 2.0 came around. Made by BlackRose

A short description taken from the link.

Nearly a 100 Custom LoTR Units with descriptions and
    unique abilites and statistics.

Brand New and Revitalized Map, very detailed!

1300 Events to make this Scenario unfold very much like the War of The Ring and Beyond. Should Play differently every time!

120 LoTR Items, More than 1/2 With unique scripted descriptions. (Pick the Item up to find out!)
    (You can put it down and pick it back up if you already are in possession of the item!)

5 Playable Sides Difficulty **** is hardest.

Denethor *
    Theoden **
    Elrond ***
    Galadriel ***1/2
    Dain Ironfoot ****

All sides are difficult however, this map is very challenging!

Active Cpu controlling Harad.

New Interaction with Sauron and the map (The game will play a little slower at the beginning but not nearly as slow in the end game)

A fine and rousing single player experience, and also set up for multi player. The Fellowship is split in such a way as to allow 3 or 4 players to take on Sauron's Alliance. Provides a challenge for even all 5!
    All done by a single person!

The map was a reason for me to buy a second AoW:SM Disk when my first one broke.

Also there a several more good Maps for AoW:SM. The best ones in my opinion are:

Lord of the Rings in the Third Age - Battle of Azanulbizar also made by BlackRose. A smaller quicker scenario where you reconquer Moria.
    Middle-Earth in the 2nd Age 5.0 Fight Sauron as the Last Alliance in the Second age. Tough map uses a custom mod pack giving a nice lotr feeling. Done by Galahad_2nd.
    Quest of Earendil version 2.0 for Arda Mod After the Fall of Gondolin you guide the remaining elves too safety and fight Morgoth. Short but very well done. Also by Galahad_2nd

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

You may forgot the new Skyrim mods... they seem perfect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast