Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Quote Originally Posted by gsthoed View Post
    Run the SS_events_dat_idx_reset.bat
    Doesnt work, still no sound.. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Well the quick solution is what i wrote in post #60 but instead of the EDB(export_descr_buildings.txt) is the descr_campaign_db.xml

After you do that, and you run the SS_setup.exe it should work fine.

My question was if you're activating any other submods from the list in SS_setup.exe aside 2TPY?
    Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try later, RL is becoming a &$%$%. The other mods I activated aside from 2TPY are: Savage AI, BGR IV, Limited Activities and Longer Assimilation. I'd like to know if you plan to tweak the 2TPY mod so replenishment of units pools and construction time scales correctly.

Thanks again for your time.
    Last edited by makute; September 06, 2014 at 06:16 AM.

BGR IV is probably the one causing you troubles as it overwrites descr_campaign_db.xml, if it continue giving problems, try changing the name of the 2TPY submod (both the txt and folder) to something like e2TPY so they are alphabetically after BGRIV.

@Lusitanplayer: Pistoliers black helmet should be fixed with v1.26

@Babymaker07: Sounds like a mod bad installation, windows UAC problems probably, check in the subforum how to solve that.

@nashpik: sorry, but not for the moment.

@Domnification: are you using a non english M2TW (IE in another language like german etc)?

Addendum 2 uploaded
    - Fixes to some campaign script errors/oversights from my part + general improvements thanks to gsthoed.
    - Tweak on extras submod for better compatibility and installation order.
    - Included Batch file that cleans the mod folder of some bloat files, unnecessary for the mod, such as duplicates of eventpics for each culture, greek culture building icons (which are exactly the same as default southern european ones), "unit_models" rogue folder in the ui one, etc. It also removes left overs from previous Bugfix Compilations not needed anymore or that could cause conflicts.
    - Updated 2TPY submod which now halves income from settlements and religious conversion rates in an attempt to balance a bit things to the 2tpy pace.

The main change is that I reverted campaign script AI spawns and other non historical stuff to be turn based rather than date based as this wasn't really a fix but something that made the scripts scale proportionately with the 2TPY submod, this possibly caused some imbalances for the AI as recruitment did not scale to 2TPY. Also the script had some mistakes that actually made the AI get some of their spawns twice, I did managed to fix that and the commented out code is still there in case someone wants to mod it back in, but as already said is better to keep it turn based for balance reasons.

@LusitanPlayer: is not savegame compatible but if you're not bothered with some double AI spawns you can coninue your current campaign.

EDIT 17:30GMT:
    Just updated the ADDENDUM 2 because the Batch file wasnt working properly.

Hello, i would like to report that i installed this compilation and it fixed my crashes. But the problem is now the game feels more laggy and it seems more DARK. I even can not change the brightness and changing brightness via options menu it does not change, so everything is quite dark.... Can someone explain? why brightness changes now have no effect ?

It lags now, before my battles went veery smooth. I tested britghness option, it does not matter now if my brightness is 60 % or 100 % it gives the same dark and all units are darker and laggy. WTF???? I am so deleting this, and reinstalling.

The lag you encounter is due to the newer RBAI, which has a far heavier script than the vanilla one. Reinstalling the mod won't solve this. Replace with the "vanilla" SS6.4 version of RBAI or with other BAI.

I think i just instal the major bug fixes. It is too laggy and uncomfortable to play battles now, and something is wrong with the options, for example, i do unit detail highest and go play battles and when i see it again it still on higher not highest. I didnt ticked the RBAI, but maybe you are right. Still dont like when unnofficial people patches the game, but hey, atleast the crashes after turn 181 is over, so i guess kind of good patch with his minuses ofc.

The version of RBAI which I was refering to is the one that is implemented in the bugfix compilation; it has nothing to do with the choices in the sub-mod manager.
    The bug about unit detail most probably is not related directly to the bugfix compilation; check in this thread if anything of these works for you.
    Did you have any these issues after reinstalling the mod and before installing bugfix compilation? Also, I believe that you did restart your campaign after applying the bugfixes.

I have no idea what changes your brightness, I don't think is something from the bugfix as it doesn't touch settings of graphics in anyway...I certainly haven't experienced such thing.
    About the RBAI yeah it has a huge ass script which might cause the lag on some processors, it is installed by default with Bugfix...the issue with old original SS6.4 BAI is that it's broken and causes CTDs when you're fighting with reinforcements and bunch of other occasions.

Possibly in the future the RBAI could be made to run smoother but right now the options you have is either: A) deal with the lag, B) play with a broken AI or C) remove any trace of G5's BAI and let the game use it's native BAI...not sure what you'd have to remove for the later though.

Melooo182,thanks a lot for the bugfixes really great job.
    i have a small question... will it be safe to use the compilation with Campaign Script Customisation Project for SS6.4 (my rig is kinda old so i'm using it)

it's already included in the compilation, check the readme or in post 13 for details

Well i uninstalled and downloaded some " major bug " fixes, but the problem is that i can't find some directories with those scripts when downloading and adding one by one, espiacially with that transilvanian ghost (Hungary) bug BAI is very good for me, almost never had a crash when in battle or when there is reinforcements. I had a bug with men at arms playing as Genoa, The whole comp download just slows my game too much, adds lags to battles and something is wrong when you try to choose graphics options, not even brightness. Even menu lag is sensible. AND
    gsthoed I reinstalled whole mod after the lags with the comp and then installed a new the mod and bug comp, but still lags and strange happenings while trying to change graphics options and brigthness. Then uninstalled again, and installed one by one separate major bug fixes and it now runs fine like before. I think you are right that new BAI were sloing my game game quite a bit

The bug concerns the "Death of Leaders" section of the campaign_script (see discussion here ).
    Assuming that the repeating "Faction Destroyed" messages are fixed, a fix can go like this:

Code:
    monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType portugal
        and Trait FactionFutureRegent = 0
    ;and FactionHasRank

historic_event portugal_king_event
    end_monitor

monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType portugal
        and Trait FactionFutureRegent >= 1
    ;and FactionHasRank

historic_event portugal_regent_event
    end_monitor

Just a thought about the new 2TPY, with halved income and religious conversions, what about also halving unit upkeep costs for further balancing?

yeah the halved income is bad approach the real solution would be doubling build/training/pool replenishment time, but such thing is hard to do with a toggable submod, it can be done but then compatibility with tons of other submods is completely forgone

Is the fix in post 13 save game compatible?
    "Alea iacta est"

OK, then I'll wait with this install. Good job btw!
    "Alea iacta est"