Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4

@Melooo182
    hi, i'm just wondering in ss 6.4 the ribault (the normal one not the monster ribault) doesn't need to reload every time it fires, it only has short delay between each burst
    is there anything that can fix that

thank you

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4

i'll look at it

Default Re: Bug Fixes for SS6.4- DO NOT POST ANY BUGS IN HERE

Thanks for this great compilation Melooo182. Just want to inform you that I'm getting a CTD caused somehow by the transilvanian peasants addendum fix. When I press the "Start and exit" button it encounters an "unspecified error" and crashes, i.e the program can't even start. I'm not technically skilled enought to find out exactly what causes it I'm afraid, but I'm using a clean installation and all the other fixes work great, so I figured it might not be something specific for my system causing the crash.

Keep up the good work

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Melooo182 again

Thanks for reporting nilotic, fixed now (post #13 updated as well)

@marius marich: lol give some to Used2BRoz for starting this thread
    Last edited by Melooo182; May 02, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Good work on the bugfix compilation. Would it make sense to merge the whole thing with SS 6.4 into an official version 6.5?

Thx!

Yeah that would make some sense, although I don't know about the "official" part as SS original Devs are all MIA...But I suppose unofficial could become official if it gets enough exposition and downloads though xD

v1.2 up

waiting for a month,thx!

Whoops i made a mistake with the Mongols Scripted siege fix which causes CTD at mongols spawn, will uploaded the refix in a few

OK fixed and reuploaded
    Last edited by Melooo182; June 08, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

And another really minor update for 1.2, this time is the mongol pagan priest bug...this time i did get it right

Thank you for the bugfix compilation Meloo182; it's a great work.
    I'm preparing several fixes these days. I hurried up to before the release of v1.2, but didn't make it.
    Now, to the point: I have some bugs to report, referring to the Ayyubids in late campaign.

In expanded.txt:
    - The "a Ayyubid" (appears twice) should be replaced by "an Ayyubid". The same fix should be applied to the description {Fears_Egypt_desc} in export.vnvs.txt too.
    - {EMT_VICTORY_EGYPT}The Ayyubids is Victorious
    should be:
    {EMT_VICTORY_EGYPT}The Ayyubids are Victorious
    Same for {EMT_VICTORY_MILAN}.

Al_Ayyubi:
    In descr_strat I see you have changed al-Fatimiyyun to al_Ayyubi. I think that al-Ayyubiyyun should be more proper, but not sure (not familiar with that language).
    However, there is still this:
    relative Al-Musta_li al-Fatimiyyun, Fatimah, Nasir Al_Ayyubi, end

The Al_Ayyubi does not appear in names.txt, descr_names.txt and descr_names_lookup.txt as it should. This may (or better say should) lead to abortion of starting a new campaign and other bugs.
    Possible fix:
    a) Create separate names.txt, descr_names.txt and descr_names_lookup.txt for each campaign. In the late campaign ones, replace al-Fatimiyyun with the surname you like.
    b) Revert back to al-Fatimiyyun in the desc_strat. Create separate names.txt for each campaign. In the one corresponding to the late campaign, change
    {al-Fatimiyyun}al-Fatimiyyun
    to
    {al-Fatimiyyun}Al_Ayyubi (or anything else)

update v1.21 up
    added your fixes gsthoed

Sorry guys, fixed and uploaded

There is another thread for reporting bugs on SS6.4, if is not a bug caused by the bugfix itself or a bad fix then don't post it here.
    This is just a way of keeping things organized.
    anyway will look at it
    Last edited by Melooo182; June 13, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

Inspired and based on the "Text Improvement Project" submod for the v6.3, I had modified the main export_ancillaries.txt files for my setup. The attached file contains a version of those files which is combatible to the bugfix compilation v1.21. Several spelling errors, errors in some typos and, mainly, incorrect effects descriptions are fixed. I hope I'll post something similar for the export_vnvs.txt files soon.

Comparing the new files to the old ones, I believe that the vast majority of changes need no explanation. However, I feel I have to say something about some changes:
    a) I removed the ancillaries of dearmad_her type for mystras, because they are obsolete.
    b) Kutaisi instead of Batumi in dearmad_her ancillaries for that region (which, by the way, I think it should be renamed to Lazica or Lazica and Abkhazia). Actually, why it was Batumi to begin with?
    c) I replaced Exarch with Eparch for crown_byzantium and odearmad_constantinople ancillaries. As for the city, the title Eparch of Constantinople did exist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eparch_...Constantinople); the exarch, as ruler of a distant province, is quite inappropriate. Furthermore, the exarch was an inferior rank to the king, so it is an improper title for the crown_byzantium. Eparch, as a ruler of a province and if we have in mind that the region required to own to acquire the crown_byzantium anciilary is only a fraction of the territory once was "roman", fits better.
    d) Although I felt it was right to do so, I didn't rename the ancillary adultress to adulteress, for combatibility reasons.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Similarly to my previous attempt for the ancillaries, instead of reporting tons of bad descriptions of traits or effects of traits, I adjusted the relevant files I had for my own setup in order to comply with the export_descr_character_traits.txt file of the bugfix compilation v1.21.

This time, along with the export_vnvs.txts, I edited the EDCT file too. Renaming was performed only to levels of traits; so, there is no need to worry for compatibility issues.
    Of course, the changes in EDCT were not meant for bug-fixing; it was just a way "to keep things tidy". I include a complete change-log for the EDCT (along with some notes for some other changes in export_vnvs.txts) in the "SomeNotes" attachement, just in case someone rejects these but wants to keep all the other.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Included those text fix for v1.25, albeit with restored British spelling and original misspelled internal names as those chages would probably cause problems with the SMM and submods

Also made further tweaks where I felt a rephrasing/rewording was needed.

thanks for doing this.

You 're the man, keep on

Its like the version ''6.402'' ?