Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion (Original Mod Thread)

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: General Discussion (Original Mod Thread)

Ho hum

The slaves, not to be confused with the Slavs, are a faction I haven't encountered in the game, so far. Were on the map do the slaves appear?

Even though the words "slave" and "Slav" are thought to be related (many of the European peoples took their slaves from eastern Europe), I don't think that means we should automatically put them in the east European group, although that may very well be what we end up doing for now. First I need someone to tell me where on the map the slaves appear as a faction. Can they appear anywhere on the map?

As for the Saxons, yes, they were a Germanic tribe, but hey, so were the Normans, and pretty much all of the peoples who colonized what we call England. I don't know if having the Saxons "babbling happily about the Reich" would be such a good idea. Not that it matters much, I mean, the tutorial campaign is over pretty quickly, after all.

The aztecs can be separated from the mongols, but what language/accent would you rather have them speak? Mediterranean broken English?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Sorry! I've confused the Slavs with the slaves!

Then it is impossible to create a new accent group for the aztecs? I didn't know it!
    Last edited by Thanat0S; January 01, 2007 at 12:45 PM.
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    The slaves, not to be confused with the Slavs, are a faction I haven't encountered in the game, so far. Were on the map do the slaves appear?
    I think they're the Rebels, aren't they? If they are, you don't need to worry about accents as English Rebels speak with an English accent, French Rebels speak French etc.

I don't know if having the Saxons "babbling happily about the Reich" would be such a good idea.
    Yay, you used my little phrase!

The aztecs can be separated from the mongols, but what language/accent would you rather have them speak? Mediterranean broken English?
    You could keep them speaking Mongol-style English, even if you change the Mongol language to something more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You could keep them speaking Mongol-style English, even if you change the Mongol language to something more fitting.
    ... and something more fitting would be... ?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

In rus (and other slavs) leng - slavs - translate like "glorius" )) not slave )) Same historics things it from "mongol" = "megaleon"(greeks) in traslate - great, glorius )) So ancient slavs = mongol )) May reccomend books like "New Hronologic" academic N. Fomenko )) i find same interesting gepotises in his book ))

... and something more fitting would be... ?
    Hieroglyphics.

As for the medieval languages being incomprehensible - don't forget, modern-day hungarian is to most of us. The point of this project is to enhance immersion. A language that you can't understand will do this perfectly, and there's not much to be understood to begin with in this game, even when everyone is speaking English. Hopefully, we'll all learn something new making the mods. Haha
    The difference between modern Hungarian and medieval Hungarian is mostly the words, expressions a bit of grammar and the words you would use to address another person. I'm not encorouging you to use medieval Hungarian in the mod (even if you could find someone who could speak it with no problem), because it would be more "practical" to use modern Hungarian.
    Last edited by Hun Birodalom; January 03, 2007 at 05:52 PM.

How do the Byzantines speak??

Quote Originally Posted by Digenis View Post
    How do the Byzantines speak??
    Greek!
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

Not modern Greek though. Although I don't know how much difference there is between modern Greek and medieval Greek. But the Byzantines definitely spoke some kind of Greek. They actually spoke Greek in MTW...

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

Hi mates keep up the good job, about the byzs, the Greek orthodox church today in the rituals uses the same exactly language with the medieval Greeks, is unchanged in grammar and accent,i could say that modern Greek is closer than the ancient Greek to medieval Greek, so i am Greek if you any help with translation based to orthodox church just pm me

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Yeah... I knew ancient Greek was less similar to medieval Greek than modern Greek is... I wonder how much military expressions are still preserved in the Orthodox lithurgy, though... heh... anyway, glad to have you around.

LOL what the hell, the italian soundpack has been downloaded 640 times, but the French one has only been downloaded... 85 times.

Why the big difference? (the second most downloaded one is the Spanish soundpack, which has been downloaded 127 times. So even if the Italian soundpack has been clicked hundreds of times just for fun, why is the French soundpack so unpopular?)

Viva l'Italia!

Maybe the Italian is fashionable!
    Last edited by Thanat0S; January 06, 2007 at 06:25 PM.

Yeah, yeah.

Yeah, yeah.
    Eheheheheh!

Ciao Bella! etc.

Btw I think my mustache is making me look Italian for some reason.

Wait a second, the funny glasses with the mustache and eyebrows are making me look like your avatar. Maybe that's why...

Hi Beiss !
    I play with mod and i have think - same national units in armys must talk for diff lenguidge . for exemple - Scots Guard in french army must talk english(scotish, but he dont exist in localization now) I hope you understud my think ))

Good point, but don't you think they have French captains?