Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion (Original Mod Thread)

Korinthos Hoplites's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: XENOPHONIA - the Native Speech mod project

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrgopolynices
    Corinthian, if you heard my voice right by my side, you wouldn't believe how strong it is. In fact, I reach some scary db's, which help me somewhat when I'm teaching in classes or acting in theatre .

The thing is, I'm a natural tenor and I reach reasonably high tones. I'm sure I can make my voice sound more aggressive, though.
    Then please post a few agressive samples... :tooth:

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_P
    can i be a voice actor for Poland?

I'm 21...please...gimme a try!
    Absolutely. I'll sign you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire
    Deus Annuit Cœptis.

God bless this undertaking.

My only contribution would be with B. If you need help with practicalities, I can share my/our experiences with the ancient voicemods (which we are still working on). Little things like recording environment, as you have already touched upon in here. I can emphatically tell you that adding echoes is never a good thing to do. You don't need the world's best microphone, but you do need to apply common sense about everything you do, and consider what you're doing and how you're doing it.

I think we can still use Vercingetorix' XIDX extractor with M2TW - as those files (voices#.dat & idx) did not seem different. Indeed, I was able to extract the music from the demo, all into neat little Mp3s for my winamp, so I definitely know it works.

I'll PM you my MSN contact.
    Wonderful I'll sign you up, too!

Also, I've left a request for our own sub-forum.
    Last edited by Beiss; October 20, 2006 at 07:01 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I have already contributed by finding a portuguese voice actor, I can be of no more help. Please remove me from the members list

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian Hoplite
    I have already contributed by finding a portuguese voice actor, I can be of no more help. Please remove me from the members list
    But you can still help with research? :hmmm:
    Ever had Problems when trying to find some good sites about a special period in history on Google?
    Then try looking if the site you need is in Links to History.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-Taihwo
    But you can still help with research? :hmmm:
    Depends on the research...

And with translation.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I speak spanish with a european accent if it helps or best known as castilian. Also speak Irish Gaelic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurogane
    I speak spanish with a european accent if it helps or best known as castilian. Also speak Irish Gaelic.
    Excellent. What a weird combination... :-D I'll sign you up.

Also, I think we've been confirmed our own sub-forum in the "minor mods" section. Can't wait for it to be set up for us...
    Last edited by Beiss; October 22, 2006 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss
    Also, I think we've been confirmed our own sub-forum in the "minor mods" section. Can't wait for it to be set up for us...

Pyrgopolynices's Avatar Campidoctor

Great.

U.A.T's Avatar Tiro
    Algarve, um sitio onde voçes gostariam de tar!

My mum syas i have a rather agressive voice.
    I'll give it a shot... Don't expect anything great though. I suck in pretty much anything i do. =x
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

I'm sorry, but I don't remember what language you speak, U.A.T.

U.A.T's Avatar Tiro
    Algarve, um sitio onde voçes gostariam de tar!

Pooooortuuuugueeeeeseeeeeeeeeee...

xD
    Anyway, i'm gonna need to get the equipment first, i have asked around in school, one guy is lending me the one he owns.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Ok. Remember - there's a lot of translation to do before we'll actually start recording, so there's no need to borrow any equipment just yet. I'll put you on the list though.

Haha, I'm so bored right now... the game isn't out, our sub-forum isn't there yet... There's nothing I can do right now. Expect low activity in the thread until the sub-forum is set up. If you want to join the mod project, just say so, and I'll get you signed up.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Speak decent Irish, German and Hungarian, but see they are taken up already by fluent speakers. You may find it hard to found any Gàidhlig speakers, I can do some research for that. Also any other strange languages, like researched obscure tongues.

Actually, just thinking about, in medieval times Gaelige and Gàidhlig were the same language, called Middle Irish. So if the person that is fluent in Irish knows Middle Irish, a long shot, you would be sorted, just getting the accent right would be all.

Also Medieval Latin would just be Church Latin.

Merged double post. - Trajan
    Last edited by Trajan; October 26, 2006 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

And Church Latin would be Ecclesiastical Latin.

Nah man I'm just messin with you. :tooth:
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Quote Originally Posted by finneys13
    Speak decent Irish, German and Hungarian, but see they are taken up already by fluent speakers. You may find it hard to found any Gàidhlig speakers, I can do some research for that. Also any other strange languages, like researched obscure tongues.

Actually, just thinking about, in medieval times Gaelige and Gàidhlig were the same language, called Middle Irish. So if the person that is fluent in Irish knows Middle Irish, a long shot, you would be sorted, just getting the accent right would be all.

Also Medieval Latin would just be Church Latin.

Merged double post. - Trajan
    I'll sign you up anyway. We might need a person who speaks... er... obscure tongues. What's your first language anyway?

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

From Ireland, so English is my mother tongue, but I like researching languages, so if you are stuck with any, I can have a look at it. Or indeed the history of it, what the nobles and peasants spoke, you get the idea.

Well, I can take upon myself the Hungarian part of the project (with Hun Bir if he wants to help). My voice is a deep bariton but I'm not an actor so I'll rather try to find an (or some) potential capable speaker. In regard to Medieval Hungarian: we have written sources from the 11th century so with some historians and linguists I think we can manage to represent an authentic idiom. There is only one problem with medieval languages: they're already almost entirely incomprehensible for us.