Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion (Original Mod Thread)

Default Re: General Discussion (Original Mod Thread)

Hi Guys.
    I'd installed Xenophonia on lisenzed russian version of the game, as a result english, french and geurman people speak on them native languages, but other nations (italian, spanish) kept talking on lisenzed russian language. Does anybody know how to mend it?

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

The mod doesn't care if the game is licensed or not

I'll say this again, Xenophonia is not designed for any version of the game other than the English one. If the game has issues on a Russian version of the game, there's not much I can do to help you right now. But it is strange that the Italians and Spanish speak Russian...

Look in your M2TW\data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized folder. Can you find filenames beginning with "Spanish" or "Italian" in this folder?

Also, did you back up and remove "events.dat" and "events.idx" before running the game? These two files must be moved away from the data\sounds folder, or the mod will not work.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

2Beiss
    In this folder: M2TW\data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized folder, I had found the following folders:
    Battle_Events, Battle_Map, Camp_Map, Narration, Pre_Battle_Speech in whose there are filenames (italian and spanish of different actors of game, such as generals, diplomats etc.) Yes, really when you ran those files, they speak on native languages, but in game, all of them use russian. Before running the game I removed folders events.dat,events.idx, voice 1, voice 3 dat., to Vanilla_backup, which is in data\sounds.

Thank you very much

Haha, this is really weird...

Look in your m2tw\data folder. Can you find a file named "descr_sounds_accents.txt" in here? What does it look like?

Also, when you run the game, do you use "m2tw.exe" or do you use "launch xenophonia.bat"?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

2Beiss
    Everything genious is simple, if to run the game from mtv2.exe, everything is ok, all nations speak on them languages. But I have Long_Road mod in my game, I start it from bat_file and as result I get russian language. What should I add or change in folders Long_Road? Or maybe I must copy sound folder from data to Long_Road? Whats your opinion? Thank you

If Long road is in its own folder, you must copy events.dat and events.idx in m2tw\data\sounds into m2tw\Long_Road\data\sounds, overwriting the ones that are already there. Then Xenophonia should work with Long Road.

Also, look in m2tw\long_road\data\text. What files can you find here? Does this folder even exist?

Now look in m2tw\data\text. Are the files here the same as in the other folder? Copy all of the files in m2tw\data\text into m2tw\long_road\data\text, but don't overwrite anything. Now the diplomacy text should work in long road as well... I think.

In that folder m2tw\long_road\data\text, I founded the following files:
    campaign_descriptions, campaign_description_txt.strings, expanded, expanded_txt.strings, export_ancillaries, export_ancillaries.txt.strings, export_vnvs, export_vnvs.txt.strings, imperial_company_region_ancillaries, imperial_company_region_ancillaries.txt.strings.
    I looked in the game and found out that this folder m2tw\data\text does not exist. That's why I have nothing to overwrite.
    I only have to copy those ones events.dat, events.idx in my mod, if I understood right. I will inform you about the results.
    ....And it didn't work...Tomorrow I will try again.

You should only have to copy events.idx and events.dat in m2tw\data\sounds to m2tw\long_road\data\sounds. If that doesn't work, I don't know what would.

Also, if you don't have a folder m2tw\data\text, you haven't installed the xenophonia subtitle patch properly. It's not necessary to install it, but it fixes some text errors.

NoRbAk's Avatar Civis

I have xenophonia over vanilla files and it works fine no matter which mod I use...

Just have to empty "sounds" folder from mods.

DESPERTA FERRO!!!!
    Join the dark side!
    Help me test M2TW darthmod! Msg me! You can be a betatester too!

- NoRb4K - Darthmod betatesting team (;-P)

2NoRbaK
    Thank you very much. I got it, it's alright now.

Currently I'm drowning in school work, will try to finish the translation when I have more time.
    Ever had Problems when trying to find some good sites about a special period in history on Google?
    Then try looking if the site you need is in Links to History.

Ok. How far have you gotten? Post the battle events subtitles whenever you can. And thanks for giving me some kind of life sign

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

No offence to anyone but some of the german voices sound like a retard has recorded them (arquebusiers, handgunners, pike militia, bombard). They sound so horrible.
    But the overall is just awesome, looking forward to hear some arabic.

We didn't record the German voices, so we'll take little offense from your... observation. We will do all in our might to avoid having retards record the real, medieval samples. And if you didn't like the German voices, I'm sure you must have thought the English ones with German accents were even worse.

Holy ****!

I was forced to format my computer 4 day's ago (could not start it) and I just found out that I lost all my translation... I'll start translating again immediately.

EDIT*

I will do thing abit differently now.

1. Speed translate the text.
    2. Read over and correct. (possibly get some help from other to proofread, not neccery though)
    3. "Change" words and sentences to be more medieval like. (use old words)

I will post everything here after each stage.
    Last edited by Jan Taihwo; March 04, 2007 at 10:19 AM.
    Ever had Problems when trying to find some good sites about a special period in history on Google?

If this is different, then how did you do it before?

I was trying to do everything exactly (or as near as possible) as it would should be. Therefor progressing very slowly.
    I admit that it was kinda stupid of me.
    Last edited by Jan Taihwo; March 04, 2007 at 01:08 PM.

Not making backups was probably the greater error I don't think the method you used before was necessarily bad though. Anyway, post battle_events as soon as you're done with it, I'm eager to look at it. Glad you popped in, btw, I was just about to try and contact you...

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Not making backups was probably the greater error
    I suppose your rigth.
    I'm making multiple backups now though.

Here are examples from the first 4. Do take note that these tranlations are not final and some of them are maybe not said in "a rigth way".

{English_Allied_Army_Leader_Killed_1}Our noble allies have lost their leader! Without their general they may lose heart and flee!
    Okkar virtu vinir hafa misst leiðtoga sinn! Án hans er mögulegt að þeir flýja!

{English_Allied_Army_Leader_Killed_2}Our ally lies dead, slain by the enemy! We must help his men avenge him!
    Vinur okkar liggur dauður á bardagavöllinum, drepinn af óvininum! Við verðum að hjálpa mönnum hans að hefna hans!

{English_Allied_Army_Routed_1}Our allies have fled the field like cowards! We must look to our own men now
    Vinir okkar hafa flúið eins og skræfur! Við verðum að sjá um okkar menn

{English_Allied_Army_Routed_2}Our cowardly allies have fled the field! They are craven and not fit to be called true men.
    Skræfunar vinir okkar hafa flúið bardagavöllinn! Þeir eru hræðslur og ekki þess virði að kallast sannir menn.
    *The text here is basicly the same, on stage 2 i will add translation of the text if it differs from the orginal.
    Last edited by Jan Taihwo; March 08, 2007 at 12:17 AM.

bardagavöllinum? Battle what? Battle field?

Honestly, I understood most of what you wrote - very interesting. And the word "skraefur" I read on the cover of an Icelandic translation of Alfons Åberg I found in the city library... haha

It could probably be written better, but any work is a good beginning. It's Icelandic, at the very least. Keep at it!