Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.3

Nikossaiz, are your additions to Sandy's work something that your going to release to the public or more of a personnel project? Really like to addons!

Regards

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

very good wok sandy.+rep.

i was also able to make such units.i really miss the modding m2tw.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

#Sandy, i am planing to releash a submod ( for a submod of a submod of a mod as you once said basically a new campaign. in the previous home version of it Ι imported over than 30 new units from different mods but after your release i desided to constact them myself based on your material. So, May i ask you for a few attachments ( if it is easy and possible of course ) ?. Since practically with the compination of the work you have allready made we can represent almost every possible european unit, i thought of a thing or two that is missing and can make the package complete .

1) a head part (group on milkshake) without helmet or a hood, just with hair. I thought of this while i "textured" irish units and this attacment would seperate them from the more civilized continental units. (and historicaly even the helmets were very rear in ireland)

2) helmets for the scandinavians ( norse swordsmen, huscarl etc ). a minor addition like a cheak-guard on the simpliest excisted helmet would do the trick + you can assign textures samples from the allready excisted ones.

3) a head part (group on milkshake) with mail that cover the mouth. typicall for north european countries like germany, denmark, england

just thoughts for the next version maybe . And Sorry if i am becoming to pressing, i can only imagine how difficult is to make models on this level.

and a taste from the irish units below ( i have very limited free time and maybe i need more time to finish them all )

ps. Javelinmen_ug1 when swich to secondary weapon the swords dont show. I checked the comments but were fine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails irish.jpg   irish2.jpg  
    Last edited by nikossaiz; March 21, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Cut 2013 : Public, after Sandys permition to use his work would be a shame not to improve it in any way we can.

Excellent work Sandy! It's a very useful mod. +rep
    Last edited by Miguel_80; March 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Taiji,Not sure what caused it. I never had anything like that on my end. Could it be that you have a custom animations pack? I will look into it later.

nikkosaiz,
    Maybe in the future. For now i do not intend to spread my modding time too thin. I got involved in two projects that may take several months to complete. Your work is great. For the heads with hair, i released a heads pack long ago. It is not ideal, but it has what you are looking for. I will see what i can do about the helmets. Not promising anything though. I cannot mod unless i have interest. The only thing that can make you stay at night and mod is interest. That explains why mod release dates are never certain and why getting into modding mood is hard. All the best in your modding.

Sandy

Offcourse were only suggestions for the future ( as i said before you are the artist, you deside)! The heads are perfect! I tried to use your head pack a few days ago but i failed to import them properly.. the "mesh to ms3d converter" program crashes when i tryed to merge the heads with a unit, maybe the models have some settings that i am not familiar with? ( the same happen with the open ".ms3d" files from the european unit package you released. But When i convert the same ".mesh" files you released into ".ms3d" then everything works fine, i can merge, make modifications and all ) if you can release a unit based on the ones you allready made with three or four heads imported would be great and save me a ton of wondering into deep sea ( in which i have the feeling i am swimming allready ).. And I understand what you mean about interest. Take your time and do what ever you want when and if you please. I now that after all of your tutorials,workshops & free materials your intention is to help and make people to learn moding among others and this seems a real good moding mood
    Last edited by nikossaiz; March 23, 2014 at 01:42 AM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

loving this mod so far

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Sandy could you or someone who might no what im doing wrong editing your textures possibly steer me in the right direction? When adding for example a new tunic from a 1024x1024 texture to your 2048x1024 it looks fine in ms3d but when I try and make a normal map for it in gimp the outcome is barley changed and is distorted like its trying to use my edited texture but doesn't fully accept it.

I use the same method of normal mapping for 1024x1024 with no issue but when I try and apply it to your textures they don't take.

Regards

Curt2013,

The problem is that UV coordinates take values between 0 and 1. In case of 2048x1024 textures the horizontal direction is stretched twice as long. Simply put UV-maps don't care about the texture size. The implication is that when you merge a new part from a 1024x1024 texture model, it appears twice as wide on the 2048x1024 textured model. The solution is select the new group in Milkshape and go to Texture Coordinate Editor (ctrl + T), then scale with 0.5 and 1.0 settings, and then readjust the UV-map to fit your texture. It is simple.

Sandy

Thank you for the quick reply. What I'm editing is your textures not your models. I use the same method with 1024x1024 and have no issue. Basicly trying to paste a texture of my own over part of your textures. The models are all lined up in the proper formation in the ms3d texture cordinator as well. In game my pasted texture only faintly shows with yours still showing. I guess what im asking is there a differant way to do the normal textures since yours are 2048x1024? using gimp btw

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my questions

Edit: Looks like I fixed it

Regards
    Last edited by Curt2013; March 24, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Extroordinary beutifull units guys, keep this up please.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice work ! Middle Age sems more realistic now !

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Gemini Sandy

Are you planning to also port your units/unit parts/resources to Stainless Steel and other mods on the medieval/early rennaisance timeframe?

This is a fresh air for the M2TW modding scene. Awesome work, now I'll have to rep you .

Nice looking units, thought i wish you could use the horse caparisons that the War of the West team uses

Eagerly awaiting response /Fedual
    Last edited by Fedual; April 25, 2014 at 07:40 PM.

It's been a while. I am in the middle of finals right now. There is at least one submod for SS who asked permission. I don't remember which one though. As for the horses, i may look into introducing better horse models. I must finish other mods first.

Sandy

The first one CTD
    I play France
    Turn 31 in 1187
    Battle impossible. Alway return to windows. I have soon one battle with no problem... But this one don't run. I have DLV6.2 + BB4.28 + Western Unit Overhaul 2.3 .Sorry for my english : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...968#post211968

Try autoresolve. As WUO changes only the skins/models, it must be DlV-related.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

kostic,

Hi there. Nice to see other communities playing the mod. First, the DLV and BB is known for occasional ctds, especially when battling rebels or during end turns. Second, i cannot provide any solutions and know where the error comes from unless i see the error log. Go to your mods/DLV_ext folder, open DLV_ext.cfg with notepad, change the "log section" into this:

[log]
    to=mods/DLV_ext/log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error

Then generate the error by playing the game and post it here. The log will be saved in your mods/DLV_ext folder as log.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Try autoresolve. As WUO changes only the skins/models, it must be DlV-related.
    A good point. The game may crash in some cases when textures or model files are missing. It does for me at least. Sometimes the missing textures may appear as shiny silver. I am not sure what decides this.

On a side note, my exams are over and i may get back to modding after almost two month of break. I got involved in some big projects, will see if i can get back to DLV at some point. I see Nikossaiz picked up the pace and is now making a new overhaul for DLV + BB. Looking forward for his great mod.

And i got sucked into ANNO 2070 recently... anybody playing it? Add me into your contacts (GeMiNiSaNDy) for a few hours of fun.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; April 28, 2014 at 08:38 AM.

Thank you for your fabulous work and for your fast answer!

The auto-resolution makes me lose... But it's true, it allows of to avoid the bug. I activated the .log. It will allow me to find myself the errors.

I shall like that WUO develops and allows for example:
    - More historic bodyguards (no helmets closed in the XIIth century)
    - Generals of real period
    - The beginning of flat of armor from 1300...and so...

I know, it is easy to say, difficult and long to make! What is safe, it is that the game win a lot of credibility by your work. Thank you very much!