Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.2

Wow, someone's been busy! Fantastic work. The M2TW community is back. +reppage

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Icon9 Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.2

Hi Sandy

I have a problem since I installed your mod (1.0+2.0+2.2): I get CTD everytime I engage a battle (CTD occurs during the loading of the battle)....
    Don't know where the problem comes from, as it seems to work perfectly for you.

( I tried different ways to solve this issue. It appears that when I delete the file "battle_models.modeldb" I finally can start the battle. But then I get graphic issues: missing faces, empty shields (black), missing parts of the bodies, some soldiers also completly disappear and are then visible only when I point the arrow of the mouse on them, etc....
    Last edited by Kaskad; March 12, 2014 at 08:28 AM.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

I installed the mod in an already modded m2tw kingdoms that i know it works..now i can finally play DLV
    Your mod is gorgeous..you are planning to reskin other factions too? Orthodox factions have a terrible looking roster (novgorod).
    Last edited by john duca; March 12, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Can you upload your mod on other site than here ?

Kaskad,
    This mod requires installed DLV 6.0, then DLV 6.2 patch, then BB4.23(full) then BB4.27. All the links on the first page. If you have installed all of these and still get a ctd, post the error log.

john duca,
    Glad you like it. As for the eastern rosters, i am not planning to work on them because it is too much effort for 4-5 factions and i am not interested in them. There are mods like Rusichi, and TGC who cover slav factions.

preussen6,
    ModDB approved the 2.1 full version download file, but still has not approved the mod. I uploaded the 2.2 patch there as well, though it will take some time to be authorized. For now i would suggest to play with v2.1, but avoid battles with carroccio standard - it will lead to ctd.

Sandy

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.1

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Tartaros i have made a few units for the eastern roman empire ( scoutatoi, italian mercs etch ) but i need permition from the broken crescent team since i used matterial from their mod. Because Sandy give his permition in advance i am trying now to make unique shields for every faction. once i am done i would ask for a permition from broken crescent team and i will upload photos.
    Oh, I know it has absolutely nothing to do with this mod but if and when you do get permission can you post screens

@GeMiNi][SaNDy

What mod for stainless steel is going to use this pack If I may ask? Just curious

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

just wow! I love this units! Really nice job mate!

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Kaskad,
    This mod requires installed DLV 6.0, then DLV 6.2 patch, then BB4.23(full) then BB4.27. All the links on the first page. If you have installed all of these and still get a ctd, post the error log.

Sandy
    The game was working very well untill I installed WUO.
    I just re installed the entire mod (DLV6.0+6.2+BB4.23+4.27), and still the same CTD.
    The end of the last log below:

11:45:03.640 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/OverlayTextures/variations/south_european/character_overlay_base.texture
    11:45:03.640 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/OverlayTextures/variations/south_european/character_overlay_base.texture
    11:45:03.640 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture
    11:45:03.640 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture
    11:45:03.656 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ne_bodyguard_lod0.mesh (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.656 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ne_bodyguard_lod0.mesh,283208
    11:45:03.656 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ne_bodyguard_lod0.mesh (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.687 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/variations/south_european/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.687 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/variations/south_european/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.687 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.703 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.703 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/variations/south_european/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture
    11:45:03.703 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/variations/south_european/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture
    11:45:03.703 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture
    11:45:03.703 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.718 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.734 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture,2796416
    11:45:03.734 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.781 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.781 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture,2796416
    11:45:03.781 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture (from: F:\Total War)
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture,,not found
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture,,not found
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture is missing
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture,,not found
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture,,not found
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture is missing
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_sicily.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_sicily.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.828 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_kmail_kmail_normal.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_normal.texture
    11:45:03.875 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    Last edited by Kaskad; March 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

did you install Wuo correctly? maybe you mixed up the folders.
    there is also a dlv_ext folder inside dlv_ext/data folder.

Unfortunatly not... I even installed all the files one by one manually, still no result

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED. My installation was correct, but I was maybe using old files from 2 years ago when installing BB 4.23. I just re download 4.23 + 4.27 from the links in the first post and re installed everything, and that is ok now.
    Last edited by Kaskad; March 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

hello,can it be that version 2 attachmentsets is messing with the attachmentsets from version 1 units;like mailed knights, spear militia,and some other onces as they looking strange after i put version 2 attachmentsets in like some units getting strange helmets and faces,i fixed it by renaming the attachmentsets from version 2 and changed too in model_units file, so the attachmentsets from version 1 are not replaced by the onces from version 2 and after i did this all units looking fine again,thanks for those great units!
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 14, 2014 at 02:25 PM.

I have reinstalled DLV 6.0, 6.2, BB4.23, BB4.27, and BB4.28 multiple times but version 2.0 of this mod still causes me to crash whenever I try to defend a settlement from the Moors in North Africa such as Fez and Algiers. Version 1.0 of this mod works perfectly but only 2.0 gives me trouble. After installing BB4.28, I've noticed there are no errors listed in the log even after crashing except the usual "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."
    Attached Files Attached Files

perhaps i found a typing error in the "battle_models.modeldb"

11 crossbowmen
    1 1
    55 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/crossbowmen_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 france
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_france.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_normal.texture
    42 unit_sprites/france_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    6 norway
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_norway.texture
    42 unit_sprites/norway_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    3 elo
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_cruzad.texture
    42 unit_sprites/france_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    7 denmark
    73 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_denmark.texture
    43 unit_sprites/denmark_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    7 hungary
    73 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_hungary.texture
    80 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_hungary_normal.texture
    43 unit_sprites/hungary_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    5 slave
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/gs_lmail_hmail_rebels.texture
    41 unit_sprites/slave_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    i didn't found any "gs_lmail_hmail_hungary_normal.texture" ... so i think this should be ...

???

The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

Patch v2.3 is out. Fixes the above mentioned issue.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; March 15, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

L&O_92's Avatar Foederatus

I love this units!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.3

Spotted this strange problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merc xbow artifacting.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	303787

The artifact apparently points at the scabbard (model above beltline is missing).

Small headed scarecrow man looks like something went wrong in the animation system while trying to use the model.

Seems to only occur rarely and only as a result of melee, so possibly it's something to do with the secondary weapon model.

Hope it helps

edit:

Just wanting to make it clear that I haven't eliminated the animations themselves as a potential cause. If there's no obvious problem with the models then I really think the animations need to be eliminated as a potential cause before it can be said that the model is responsible. So don't scratch your head over it too much if it's not obvious, is my advice.
    Last edited by Taiji; March 20, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Very nice, but you need more variety of shield.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by The Crooked Philosopher View Post
    Very nice, but you need more variety of shield.
    Sandy did the 100% of all the hard work and provided the community with great elements according to models and textures. So it is up to us to push it a litlle farther.

Sandy : I think that i understand what ( in my humble opinion offcouse ) is missing from your models. A long chainmail tunic, come down till the knees. Typical norman and scandinavian outfit from knights to just infantry sholdiers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spanish knights.jpg   italian spear militia.jpg   french knights.jpg   Untitled-1.jpg   england vs france.jpg  

norman spears.jpg  

good work on shields nikossaiz,gives a very medieval feeling

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

very nice additions