Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.1

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    This mod is only for DLV + BB. Download BB4.27 from here. It is right up there in the miniforums. Just a little info: BB has been the DLV that we know for the past 4 years. The original DLV has stopped developing for the past 5 years. Taiji fixed many issues and made the mod harder. I do not see any point in making a separate version for vanilla DLV at this point. I would be glad though if we could cooperate to make a single installer to get DLV 7.0 out. Again, there is probably no point in doing this aside from the convenience of install.

nikossaiz ,
    Good work! I simply lacked references and couldn't afford to make realistic patterns on shields of every unit.

Sandy
    Thank you very much! The link for BB4.27 in the OP for this mod took me to the main OP for DLV mod, not the BB system's page. That's why I couldn't find the BB page.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

thanks,The golden rule in medieval 2 is variety, this make the units to pop_up!I will do the rest of the factions during the forthcoming weekend. Because you put everything in one .texture file moding the models is faster than ever, very clever move! Since this, the combinations are literaly unlimited!

May i ask you something else? if there is a possibility in the far future to to make other weapons, may i suggest one? real goedendag ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goedendag ) . we have flanders as faction but we dont have the most famous flandre weapon .

That would be great! I was thinking of changing knight textures (kmail) in the future. If i understood correctly you are changing attachments for now. As for goedendag i really did not know that it was not a bill but a sort of a pike/spike(?). I saw some of the Osprey images with goedendag before. Also, I left the badelaar militia for the next version and few other units. Badelaar and proper goedendag will be included as well.

As a first step i will make the shields. feudal Knights should be like the model you made for your "knight tutorial" , wearing robes of different colours. offcourse one-two can wear jackets as they do now. Goedendag was like the club of the sailors unit, only taller and at its end a thick iron square with a pike at the top of that. Wonderfull, so you have energy more!!

Thank you so much for your great work Sandy!
    I would like to give you +rep again, but TWC don't let me do this on the same thread! .. i think a lot of people were waiting on such beautiful cosmetic changes for the western factions!

After working hard for some hours ... i finally got your excellent units with banzai's great animations to work for SS6.4 !!! A lot of minor tweaks were needed for this ... especially the animations deprived me my last nerve! But it was a worth work!
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Yeah - great update + rep!
    i´m feeling the old dlv happiness. It´s simple the best me2tw mod for me.

As for the future - Any plan´s for the orthodox factions so far?

A few more shields from the norman kingdom of sicily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg   Untitled-3.jpg   Untitled-4.jpg  

Tartaros i have made a few units for the eastern roman empire ( scoutatoi, italian mercs etch ) but i need permition from the broken crescent team since i used matterial from their mod. Because Sandy give his permition in advance i am trying now to make unique shields for every faction. once i am done i would ask for a permition from broken crescent team and i will upload photos.

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.2

DOWNLOAD v2.2 (Patch)
    - fixed missing carroccio standard model causing ctd.

_Tartaros_,
    I do not plan to work on orthodox factions. Too much effort for 1 or 2 factions.

Sandy

hey, there 5 othodox factions (kiev, nov, geo, byz and arm) in total, but there more different than the western ones.

@nikosaiz
    cool, i think bc is open minded for modders. there are also alot of bc units in the islamic factions allready. +rep

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Where can i download 6.0 and 6.4 patch? no links

After installing 2.0, I crash every time I attempt to defend the city of Fez. Here's the log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I managed to install DLV 6.2 instead and that BB submod but this mod links aren't the best...the moddb link isn't working ..yet.

Tainaka: DLV is pretty broken mod even with BB..expect that and save everytime.
    Last edited by john duca; March 11, 2014 at 02:03 PM.

Rectifying..it's not pretty broken , but completely broken..i can even play a goddamn custom battle.

log.txt

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    Tainaka: DLV is pretty broken mod even with BB..expect that and save everytime.
    My friend, if you follow the istructions provided by the install wizard of 6.0 and 6.2 patches you can manage to install untill 6.2 . After that follow Taji istructions to patch until bb 4. 47 version or something like that. I have made literally hundreds of changes on so many files, mess with many things, and consider my not very good moding skills i RARELY face CTD . Maybe at the end of every 10 - 20 turns and that is maybe because of the auto-save option. DLV with BB is very stable.

First off awesome job on the new units Sandy, really nice work. Nikoss the few pics you posted really add to the units excellent job. Any way to add a little more variety on the helmets used by the spearmen, that and the shield textures your adding really add to the great work Sandy made for us. I would do it myself but working with those larger textures in ms3d confuse me.

Either way great work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    Rectifying..it's not pretty broken , but completely broken..i can even play a goddamn custom battle.

log.txt
    It´s really important to follow taiji instructions and install me2tw vanilla in a seperate folder.
    dlv BB is most stable and i rarely have ctd - didn´t remember one in the last half year.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Dud, you should "Western Overhaul" Stainless Steel as well, good job +rep .

Tainaka,
    This is a night script error. I think it has been fixed in the latest BB4.27. Please make sure you got it first.

john duca,
    You clearly have installed something wrongly. Pay attention to the directories when installing DLV. There are detailed instructions in both DLV and BB threads.

xxxMoRaVexxx ,
    There are people who are already doing it.

Sandy

GeMiNi][SaNDy your work is simply amazing, hell these units look better than rome 2. Finally somebody removed the horrible butter head models that were present all these years. Hope you keep working at it, you really made this mod even better than it was.
    I samo dotle, do tog kamena,do tog bedema,
    Nogom ces stupit, mozda poganom,drznes li dalje?...Cuces gromove
    Kako tisinu zemlje slobodne...Sa grmljavinom strasnom kidaju;
    Razumeces ih srcem strasljivim...Sta ti sa smelim glasom govore,
    Pa ces o stenja tvrdom kamenu
    Brijane glave teme celavo
    U zanosnome strahu lupati...
    Al' jedan izraz, jednu misao,
    Čućeš u borbe strašnoj lomljavi:
    "Otadžbina je ovo Srbina!..."