Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.0

great work thanks a lot!much appriciated!

clone's Avatar Primicerius

congrats about the new version. can ask do you plan to edit the rest of the archer units in order to give them bow string animation
    Last edited by clone; March 09, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Updated the first post. Regarding the animations, all units affected by this mod have custom animations. Giving custom animations to remaining vanilla units would require working with the vanilla model bone assignments, which is tedious. I do not see any point in doing this.

Sandy

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Hello Sandy, great work, the armors now are much more realistic for the 13h and 14th sentury era!! and the unit cards was the cherry on the top of the cake! May i ask you something?

a) Is there a possibility to reliese open .psd files for the textures soon? I want to make a "feudal" version of attachments and would be a lot of easier ( and less of a mess ) since you have all the attachments per factions' unit in one .texture!

b) When i tryed to combine a unit model of yours with weapons of other creators or vanilla the textures of the weapons didnt showed properly in game. i saw the textures assignment via milkshake and everything seemed fine. I made a lot of combinations since now, and only with your models seems this to happen. Do you have a clou what may cause this?

c) not a question but the italian militia cavalry dont have swords when are switch from spear, either not assign swords on models or forget comment them.

Thank you again!

nikossaiz

a) I already have. Check the first post.

b) This is because i use 2048x1024px textures. Typically textures are 1024x1024px. If a part of my models is merged with another model, the UV-maps will appear half in width on a new model. Or the other way around, if you use my textures, other model parts will appear twice as wide. I hope this makes it clear. You will need to open the model in milkshape, scale as 0.5 and 1.0, then adjust it to the texture.

c) I will fix it in the next patch.

Sandy

A) My bad, now i saw the first post! Very beautifull presentation!

b) now I undesrtand the cause. You made a good choise to import all textures needed in one ".texture" file . I will try it again after work ( i'm not sure if i understand correctly the "scale as 0.5 and 1.0" part of the solution though

c) take your time, after so many new model to play with nobody is rashing Because i have my own changes in models, i import each one of yours manually, show some glintses may be from my side, that is why i ask you!

and d) the halberds from "halberd_militia" unit are by intension not very long? because they look very much lke pole axes.

Holy smokes! these units are sexy! haha. great work sir.

+rep

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Real nice! +rep. I hope those aren't photoshop boosted images, cause they look too good. Don't be like CA now . But then again, I haven't played M2 in a long time.

stupar123's Avatar Miles

This mod made me downlaod Deus lo Vult again (y) !

Splendid! And this is compatible with BB? Downloading .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Sadly , the link for DLV latest version is broken..and possibly all the links

hello very nice units!put manny of them already in mine modded game , but got problems with partisan militia;Voulge_Militia

the final upgrade of them is looking strange in the battle field some swords are hanging behind them in the air ,this is maybe because i do not have the good animations for them?but it is only the full upgraded unit.
    again thanks very much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.jpg  
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; March 10, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v2.1

DOWNLOAD v2.1 (patch)
    - not critical, fixes some reported glitches and missing unit icons

Also added a 2.1 full install link to moddb. It may take some time before it is authorized.

Please report any glitches/ctds. I will try to patch them asap.

nikossaiz,
    d) yes, their aggressive swing animations and long halberds just made it look unreal... although i must agree that halberds should be longer and animations more passive. You can take a model from v1.0 and overwrite if you want it to be longer.

Sandy

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Excellent work on this mod! Props to the modders and their beautiful product! I only wish I could get mine to work.

I played DLV fine without this submod added. I got past the beginning of the launch screen and got all the way to the menu and beyond
    Adding this mod into the game, the mod crashes as soon as it is launched.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Or anyone know how to possibly fix this?
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Amazing work!

Have you installed Battle Balance? Attach the crash log so i can identify the problem.

Sandy

Sandy, i must say you are very methodical on your work! everything was in place! So thanks to your effort is almost easy to make some new historical reallistic shield textures. I just made venice and will do the rest within the next days.

a) about halberds, I made them a little longer via milkshake, only just to seperate them from pole axes and seemed fine to me, but you have a point about the animation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Have you installed Battle Balance? Attach the crash log so i can identify the problem.

Sandy
    I do not think I installed the Battle Balance. For some reason, I can't find it (I do follow the link for Battle Balance in the OP, use the ctrl + f buttons and search for it, but can't find it).
    Let me get the crash log though.

Edit: Here is the error log. If you need it in post form, tell me.
    system.log.txt
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; March 10, 2014 at 09:48 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

some other pics. Once more thanks to you Sandy i can finally make the "italian spear militia" unit look different from the "italian militia" one i made the shields bigger , more pavisy, and change the shield textures to a more republic style. The second pic is a combination, a mash-up of Sandys` work unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg   Untitled-3.jpg  

This mod is only for DLV + BB. Download BB4.27 from here. It is right up there in the miniforums. Just a little info: BB has been the DLV that we know for the past 4 years. The original DLV has stopped developing for the past 5 years. Taiji fixed many issues and made the mod harder. I do not see any point in making a separate version for vanilla DLV at this point. I would be glad though if we could cooperate to make a single installer to get DLV 7.0 out. Again, there is probably no point in doing this aside from the convenience of install.

nikossaiz ,
    Good work! I simply lacked references and couldn't afford to make realistic patterns on shields of every unit.

Sandy