Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v1.0

I did not touch EDU either. In this case we can see clearly that only france, crusaders, HRE, denmark, spain, portugal and rebels can use crossbow militia. Rus armies are not affected. Please clarify what are you trying to do. Are you modding the Rus faction units? Or you are simply notifying about the bug. In that case this bug is from vanilla DLV or BB.

Sandy

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    I did not touch EDU either. In this case we can see clearly that only france, crusaders, HRE, denmark, spain, portugal and rebels can use crossbow militia. Rus armies are not affected. Please clarify what are you trying to do. Are you modding the Rus faction units? Or you are simply notifying about the bug. In that case this bug is from vanilla DLV or BB.

Sandy
    i only reported the bug. i didnt mod the faction only the name of the unit
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

I see what the problem is. That crossbowmen unit uses the "Peasant Crossbowmen" in the EDU soldier line, but the armor upgrade lines list another type of crossbowmen. So, the EDU refers to the "Peasant Crossbowmen" unit for it's animations, but uses a vanilla DLV crossbowmen as the actual model. With the Western Unit Overhaul, the Peasant Crossbowmen are modded and given new animations that won't fit vanilla models.

Try this:

Find this line- soldier Peasant_Crossbowmen, 60, 0, 0.5

And change it to this- soldier Crossbow_Militia, 60, 0, 0.5
    Last edited by stoogeofstooges; February 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM.

nope didnt help
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Crossbow militia are also using custom animations. Thanks for the report, i will try to fix it without touching edu.

Here is the wip of armour level 4, transition from mail to partial plate. Early 14th century. Note that bascinets are not curved backwards yet. The "real" bascinets with hound (poining forward) faceguards will be for level 5 armour with breast plates. I am having trouble finding any free time, so things will be slower from now on.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There are still some glitches and lighting issues to fix. Screenshots from the first in-game test.
    Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; February 16, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Hmmm you'll have to look in the BMDB (battlemodels.modeldb file) for a crossbow soldier model that uses the vanilla crossbow animations instead of Sandy's (Sandy's new units use the "crossbow_string" animation, so don't pick a unit with with animation entry). Once you find a model with the vanilla crossbow animations, put the name of that model in the place of "crossbow_militia" or "peasant_crossbowmen" in the "soldier" line of the EDU.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Sandy
    The 'soldier' line in the EDU defines which battle_model's animations a unit uses.

If you are changing some models in such a way that they require altered animations then you will need to alter the 'soldier' line in the EDU in each case.

I currently have it set up so that there is only one entry referenced for animations of a certain kind - All units with the same animations will use the same battle_model entry for their animations, so that it gives me an indication of the animation differences between units in EDU that is otherwise not so simple.

So to fix any animation missmatch you can simply change the soldier line so that it references the battle_model containing the correct animations.

BTW I love your partial plate - Very nice work!
    Last edited by Taiji; February 28, 2014 at 06:37 AM.

yeoman archer has the flying weapon problem
    Robert E. Howard

Excellent work Sandy! Your Units are really looking gorgeous! The best ones i have seen so far, right after "Lord Hamilton's" units ..
    And many thanks for the "Open Source" ... will use them in my SS submod!
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

Quick fix for flying bows and crossbows. Simply download the EDU and paste into your DLV_ext/data folder.

Sandy
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a clean install of dlv and works fine until i intall this, then it crashes right after the splash screen, sucks cause i wanna play with these awesome models

As stated in the first post:
    Compatibility Compatibility DLV + BB4.23 onwards (i.e. BB4.27 is compatible)
    Starting a new campaign is not required. This is a purely aesthetic mod and does not affect any scripts or campaign files.

Taiji, i understand now what you meant in that PM.

Sandy

Quick fix for flying bows and crossbows. Simply download the EDU and paste into your DLV_ext/data folder.

Sandy
    i tested this. it seems that you removed the bowstring animasion from all unit. i will stick to the old edu but thanks for the efforts to fix the bugs
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i tested this. it seems that you removed the bowstring animasion from all unit. i will stick to the old edu but thanks for the efforts to fix the bugs
    I did not touch the new units. They should still have the custom animations. To be sure i checked again. They all should be working fine.

Sandy

my bad . sorry
    Robert E. Howard

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Delicious!
    This needs to be announced on the Frontpage

Frigging amazing.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

this is a musthave addition to bb and best is, it´s savegame
    one small suggestion,
    can you switch the vanilla peasentmodel for warmachinecrewmembers with the peasant crossbowman
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by cmac1027 View Post
    I have a clean install of dlv and works fine until i intall this, then it crashes right after the splash screen, sucks cause i wanna play with these awesome models
    You need also BB 4.27 ontop of dlv 6.2 installed.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 22, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Will you work on armour upgrades now?

sandy heres hoping you release these for other mods because everytime i install bb 4.27 my dlv crashes,