Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v1.0

The animation names are present in the skeletons.txt file. I have every other animation from Banzai's animation pack working. I downloaded the vanilla M2TW animation folder (unpacked) dropped in the animation folders from the Banzai pack and the Marka Horse pack, and then rebuilt the animation packs with the new content. However, in the Banzai animation pack that I downloaded, there are files missing from the Longbow string and Shortbow string folder. The problem isn't that I don't know how to properly install the animations; it's that the actual animation files are missing. If I try to assign a unit the longbow_string animation (and yes, it is listed in the skeletons.txt file) then the game crashes when the battle with that unit starts. The error log tells me that I'm missing several animation files for longbow string, the same files that were missing from Banzai's pack that I downloaded. What I'm saying is that the Banzai animation pack is missing files.

I'm implementing the models in vanilla M2TW, running off the Kingdoms.exe, so this isn't DLV. I could use DLV's animation pack to replace my own, and then edit my vanilla skeletons.txt file, but the DLV animation packs do not contain the Marka animations.

To be clear, the crossbow string animations work perfectly fine. It's the longbow and short bow animations that I lack the animation files for as they were not present in the Banzai animation pack I downloaded.

As for Nikossaiz's problem, it is occurring because the models were assigned vanilla crossbow animations instead of Crossbow_String animations created by Banzai that are implemented in DLV and other mods. It's not a problem with your work Sandy.
    Last edited by stoogeofstooges; February 11, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Already incorporated flemish pikemen, catalans, irish kerns, welsh spearmen, and swabian swordsmen. Below are catalans, swabian swordsmen and flemish pikemen mercenaries.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sandy
    those are great. in the next version are you going to include new ui pics for your units
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Yes, i'm using bb all the way! Maybe because i do some heavy moding myself ( not on animations though ), i make something wrong without understanding it. Maybe also, because in the past i used some other mods, those altered files direct from the vanilla tw2 folder ( not the "mod" folder ) and something messed up? I had a fresh install of MT2 but i have the "dlv + bb" as files ( yes, all 7 gigabyte ) in my 2nd hard drive and i simply copy paste it in the mod folder. Maybe an other mod in the past interfere with dlv files without know it. I will make also a fresh dlv + bb during the day and i let you know! i didnt think that you made anything wrong on your work with the models, direct from the start.
    About the feudal knights, i strongly recommend to make them all wear cloaks ( or mantle, i dont know which word is more apropriate ) with different pattern or colors, in order to distinguish them from the sergeants or other non feudal units. The upgreat model of them should be more plate cover over mail and for sure not wearing jackets, which was used from sergeants and lesser units.

Also i recomend for the almogavars a more savage appearence ( type "almogavars" on google to see what i mean ) and non the typical "town militia" appearence.
    Anyway you have done more than i hoped so so far and these are just suggestions

nikossaiz,

If i have enough time i will include armour level 4 and 5 plate mail.

Sandy
    i just saw it, Sorry, i din't want to be a wise guy, offcourse IF you have time

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    well i look the models file and for longbowmen you have

" 1 4 None
    22 MTW2_Longbowman_String
    14 MTW2_Fast_Mace
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 "

i look back on a Dlv + the latest bb and it has this

" 1
    4 None
    16 MTW2_Fast_Bowman
    19 MTW2_Adv_Non_Shield
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 '

I change it and the big mess with the model seem to exploed gone, i still see part of the crossbows floating though, something with bones assigment?

and If i understand correctly you make the archers pull the bows' string , but since when bb change the animations? i thought i tryed them all.
    BB doesn't have that animation set for longbows - Must be some confusion at your end, Nikos.

Also 'animations' is mentioned ~20 times in the changelog for BB - You can check it out, if you like.
    Last edited by Taiji; February 12, 2014 at 04:51 AM.

I just came from work! I install eveything from the begining and it works like a charm!! thank you all for the care you show now i have to find out what i did wrong when i was moding and redoing my work with more care! Taiji, may i ask you something? which file from the bb 4.24 is responsible for the dust that units spred when are running? because is too dark, almost black, and it seems like they ride motorcycles or they burn something, i would like to avoid it. all the other changes are more than fine.

and GEMINI, the mailed knights ( the un-upgraded model ) when they swich from spear to swords the late just dont show up. Since i have a fresh install should be from your side the problem.
    and a) it is possible to make the spear of the mounted knghts a little thicker? its fine for unmounted spearmen but the mounted knights should have thicker

b) the catalans and the almoghavars are litteraly the same unit and were called with both names. ( the almoghavars were the bigger parts of the great catalan company ) thats why i ask you to make catalans a little more "mountaineary" anyway, as always only suggestions!
    Last edited by nikossaiz; February 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Nikos, that really doesn't sound like my work you're looking at. I'm guessing you're not looking at DLV+BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Nikos, that really doesn't sound like my work you're looking at. I'm guessing you're not looking at DLV+BB.
    I am using BB 4.23 . Well, just now i found the reason for the black smoke.

REASON : the bb 4.24 s' "weather_db" file. with it, myst and earth dust are very-very regular, so i deside not to use it. Without it, units make black earth-dust , when i use it i dont have this issue but i cant stand the earth-dust and myst in 99% of battlefields. So is there a way to reduse them? ( the first 2 pics are with all bb 4.24 files, the last one is without the "weather_db" file )

I didnt mean to offend you in any way, one reason that i am sort of fan of yous is because you have patience with anyone and you respond always in a kind manner. And something last. Maybe you have got a spread-sheet for export_descr_buildings file? Is very inconvenient to change by hand things with all those "tier" and AI recruitment

anyway, back to GEMINI work, is his post anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-3.jpg  

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

@ GeMiNi][SaNDy:

Very good work mate!
    I wish I was that prolific!
    Any other nice things you are currently working on?
    Last edited by paleologos; February 12, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Excelent work sir! Tsardoms could use a talent like yourself

nikossaiz,

The missing swords bug will be fixed in the next version. All knights will be thicker too.

paleologos,

I am part of a submod for TATW, the ruins of south and glory of north. I will be making some Gondor units soon.

Sandy

# Hrobatos: you borrow SaNDy, if you give permission to use the some units of Tsardoms in DLV. )

One for one?

ha ha nice try ..! all east Units ?...

Ottomans? Sure. What Tsardoms gets in return?

there is a problem with crosbow militia. they dont hold their crossbows
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    there is a problem with crosbow militia. they dont hold their crossbows
    Can you post a screenshot? My crossbowmen are working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by stoogeofstooges View Post
    Can you post a screenshot? My crossbowmen are working fine.
    http://postimg.org/image/vxw2gpcov/
    the name actually was crossbow militia but i changed to crossbow levies
    Robert E. Howard

I did not touch Rus armies. The list of units affect is in the first post. Here the problem is probably with the animations. In EDU check the primary animation line, it should be MTW2_Crossbowman, i think, and not MTW2_Crossbowman_String. Since the model is vanilla, it is not rigged for the custom crossbow_string skeleton. In any case, this has nothing to do with this pack.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; February 14, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

I did not touch Rus armies. The list of units affect is in the first post. Here the problem is probably with the animations. In EDU check the primary animation line, it should be MTW2_Crossbowman, i think, and not MTW2_Crossbowman_String. Since the model is vanilla, it is not rigged for the custom crossbow_string skeleton. In any case, this has nothing to do with this pack.

Sandy
    where exactly is edu

here is what is writes about the unit type Crossbow Militiadictionary Crossbow_Militia ; Crossbow Militia
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Peasant_Crossbowmen, 60, 0, 0.5
    officer northern_captain_early_flag
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, crossbow, stakes
    move_speed_mod 0.93
    formation 1.4, 1.4, 2.4, 2.4, 3, square
    stat_health 1, 6
    stat_pri 5, 1, crossbow_bolt2, 130, 20, missile, melee_blade, piercing, none, 0, 1 ;L2
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 1, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, knife, 65, 1 ;L-1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 6, 0, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 1, -3, 5, 3
    stat_mental 5, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 10
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 500, 50, 50, 50, 145, 4, 50
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 2
    armour_ug_models Crossbow_Militia, Crossbow_Militia_ug1, Crossbow_Militia_ug2
    ownership france, elo, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, slave
    recruit_priority_offset 5
    Last edited by clone; February 14, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Robert E. Howard