Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v3.0

thank you for this update!and enjoy your own units while relaxing playing a campaign and good rest and a good health.

A proper Goedendag , that is good.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Thanks for appreciation. In general please report any ctds, i will try to sort them out as quick as possible.

astradeus
    , does this happen when you launch the mod or during the game? Can you post the error log file? Please set the log setting in DLV_ext.cfg as:

[log]
    to=logs/log.txt
    level = * trace

Then reproduce the ctd and post here. I just did a clean install of DLV+BB4.30 then BB4.32 then unit overhaul v3.0 and it worked fine.
    Sandy

I did a fresh install .the problem seems to have disappeared.
    thank you for your help. congratulations for the achievement of these models and textures.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I'm at a loss for words...
    Incredible units and very generous to make them open source.

Quote Originally Posted by astradeus View Post
    hello ,my game crashes. in "western_units_overhaul_v3.0.rar"

mods \ DLV_ext \ data \ DLV_ext. two files. normal?

"strat_models" and "models_strat."

strat_models is the source of my crash
    I think this could be really a reason for the crash. Version 3.0 creates a "strat_models" file in addition to the already existing model_strat-file. After installing Version 3.0 the game crashed whilelaunching a new campaign. Solutio was to copy the contents of the "stat_models" file, paste it into the "models_strat"-file and then delete the "strat_models"-file. Now ec´verything seems to work fine.

QKuhlmann,

Thanks for pointing that out. The file has been reuploaded (same link). It should work now.

Sandy

You are very welcome. Thank you for your fine work!

Thank you for your work.
    Will be continued?

Jukoman, as it is now, Western Unit Overhaul is quite complete. I used the entire texture space available. Further work would require remaking of many textures and models (which is a beast of 50+ models and thousands lines of code on which i spent many days manually editing,.. i do not want to disturb). Further effort wouldn't be the best use of my modding time. However, if you report bugs or crashes, i will quickly patch them. Currently i am working very efficiently on a secret project of my own + a big project Blood and Roses.

From your part what you guys can do is to tell what you like about DLV and what you don't. Or what you saw in other mods that you would like to see in DLV. This can help me and other modders to get better mods out there (not only for DLV, but in general).

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; October 11, 2014 at 02:08 AM.

I'd love for the rebels to have more personality & variety, especially in their leaders.
    Maybe some further micro management features for the economy & diplomacy, just take it as far as the engine will allow.
    Also how about throwing in some of the awesome unit model/texture overhauls that are out there, as well as that EB II soundpack that sounds soo good!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

From your part what you guys can do is to tell what you like about DLV and what you don't. Or what you saw in other mods that you would like to see in DLV. This can help me and other modders to get better mods out there (not only for DLV, but in general).
    I love the way how the hereditary feudal titles works in dHRR 0.8a, it is something I would recomend to any medieval mod/game worhty of its name. Beside that I love bishop-generals and latin titles before names of all charactees in dHRR. Other features I would like to see in DLV or any mod in general is knights using coats of arms of real historical characters belonging to faction while factional/royal coats of arms limited only to the generals bodyguards as it is in War of the West and partially Bellum Crucis 7. Or on more humble note I would like to see at least revorked horses matching with your western units

Thanks for input guys. I will check out dHRR 0.8a. Never heard of it.

At this moment i would suggest to install v3.0 right over BB4.30. In theory it should work. The last two versions of BB are known for supply bug, where generals get stuck with 0 movement points.

Sandy

Yep that's happened to me, my heir, now king can only move a very tiny amount per turn even though he is young, healthy, and has no illness traits. Definitely a bug. This dHRR mod does indeed seem absolutely brilliant, reading the feature list here has me almost salivating. I'm downloading v0.7 then the 0.8a beta patch over DLV and will let you guys know if its compatible.

edit: just installed dHRR over DLV and game would not even launch so guess it's not compatible. Just deleted my DLV folder even though I started a campaign two nights ago. To be honest I'm done with DLV, I've mastered it to the point of being able to play it in my sleep, just too predictable. Need to find another mod that's as good as DLV is, but it's proving futile, what we need is a massive DLV overhaul with new features, art, skins, models, gameplay mechanics, ect.
    Last edited by Robin_Hood; October 11, 2014 at 01:29 PM.

Hi Sandy
    playing BB4.32, I have a problem since I installed the version 3.0 of your mod (the previous one included in 4.3 or 4.32 was working very well - but not v3.0).
    Militia, archers or sergeant spearmen for exemple are not visible anymore, we can only see them when zooming on a unit. We can notice their shadows or their spears, but the rest remains invisible till I zoom on them.
    Did I miss or mess with something ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0014.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	317542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0013.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	317539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0012.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	317540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0011.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	317541
    Last edited by Kaskad; November 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM.

Kaskad, sorry it took so long to reply. Having exams. I checked on my end, its all working. Could be i packed it wrongly. Please check that you have this file:

data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/town_militia_lod1.mesh

It seems that you lack the lower lod meshes. One of the big efforts in the last release went to optimize the performance by introducing lower lods for common troops. Also sprites have been added. Try overwriting v3.0 on top of your current install to get the missing files.

As for the versions, bb4.32 has a bug, which i can't fix (tons of code). I suggest using bb4.30 with the fix i posted in the BB thread and then this overhaul v3.0 on top of it. BB4.32 doesn't add much aside from new supply system (not critical for gameplay).

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; November 26, 2014 at 07:10 AM.

Hi Sandy
    I have these files:
    town_militia_ug1_lod0.mesh
    town_militia_lod0.mesh
    can not find the one you are mentioning

Then you haven't installed 3.0 properly. Just overwrite it on top of whatever you have. Since it is save-compatible with 4.30 and 4.32 it should work.

Sandy

Thanks, I am going to reinstall it

Edit: the file I used was corrupted ... I Re-loaded 3.0, re-installed it and... it works ! Thanks Sandy for your help
    Last edited by Kaskad; November 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hi GeminiSandy, would you give permission to use your Western unit pack for other mods outside of DLV? I would like to ask permission for Tsardoms Total War to use your Western units in order to allow us to do a quicker release.