Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Hellvard,

We teamed up with Lifthrasir. I have yet to send him the mod package. Currently there are some minor issues that need to be finished. Then we can work concurrently without any mixups. I will be finishing models, while he will populate the campaign map with troops and generals. I am hoping he would find time to also write faction descriptions and such. His historical knowledge and familiarity with the time frame is ideal for the task. These are the two big chunks of work left before the release. The mod has long since pushed over 50% in terms of amount of work, considering the goals I set for first release, which is simply a neat sandbox experience with minimal scripting. So it is not far. Things should only speed up from now on, I think. It all depends on personal motivation and enthusiasm. This mod has been in essentially continuous development for over a year now with very meticulous planning.

Attached is the menu screenshot. The map shown is a little deceiving. Right from the start I decided to cut it at Eastern France and limited at 10 factions. Timeframe of 1330-1500, 4 turns per year. The campaign is focused on two battlefronts: 1) England and France (i.e. 100 years war) and 2) Reconquista and rivalry between Christian kingdoms in the South. The way x and y coordinates work, this allows potential expansion eastwards in subsequent releases and more complex yet easier aspects such as coding.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails menu_preview.jpg  
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 26, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

This sounds great! I hope the mod will be finnised

I can´t wait for more news

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Hellvard,

We teamed up with Lifthrasir. I have yet to send him the mod package. Currently there are some minor issues that need to be finished. Then we can work concurrently without any mixups. I will be finishing models, while he will populate the campaign map with troops and generals. I am hoping he would find time to also write faction descriptions and such. His historical knowledge and familiarity with the time frame is ideal for the task. These are the two big chunks of work left before the release. The mod has long since pushed over 50% in terms of amount of work, considering the goals I set for first release, which is simply a neat sandbox experience with minimal scripting. So it is not far. Things should only speed up from now on, I think. It all depends on personal motivation and enthusiasm. This mod has been in essentially continuous development for over a year now with very meticulous planning.

Attached is the menu screenshot. The map shown is a little deceiving. Right from the start I decided to cut it at Eastern France and limited at 10 factions. Timeframe of 1330-1500, 4 turns per year. The campaign is focused on two battlefronts: 1) England and France (i.e. 100 years war) and 2) Reconquista and rivalry between Christian kingdoms in the South. The way x and y coordinates work, this allows potential expansion eastwards in subsequent releases and more complex yet easier aspects such as coding.

Sandy
    Hi Sandy! Are there soem news regarding your mod? Can we see some of your new units?

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hi Gemini just making sure that it is alright to use and also modify some of the units from the Western Unit Overhaul for the Tsardoms Total War mod. We are using your peasant units for German peasants.

Wallachian, of course, go ahead. Thanks for letting me know.

Sandy

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Are you working on newer version Sandy?

Has anyone run into a visual where the knights are invisible and all you see is is the horses until you zoom in close? The same with archers and

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-19-04-2016)

It will be great if you can cooperate with this mod to help finish your project with Lifthrasir.

Hellvard, no more versions.

Rick, what exact unit are you talking about? It can be due to missing lower lod models. I have not seen it in my game. Could be some files are missing on your end. I could check it on my end if you provide the exact unit names.

tomySVK, I received help from Lifthrasir, Miguel_80, and Ichon. Mostly information and facts about factions, characters, rosters, economy, thinks like that. I am currently populating the map, trying to do some basic research and using as little "fake" characters as possible. I am done with British Isles and Iberia, onto France now. I will release the mod with minimum scripting, just a sandbox with some basic features I enjoyed in DLV. Some of the restricting and scripted limitations of DLV like army sizes and field costs will not be implemented. Watch out for a separate thread for it soon in "WIPs" forums.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; August 22, 2016 at 09:25 AM.

Sounds great, I will watch for a separate thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    ...no more versions.
    Sorry to hear, Sandy. But I know you are hard at work on your new project, which looks mighty impressive. It's wishful thinking, I know, but maybe Taiji will be back again someday to give us another version of BB to enjoy. I'm currently playing as the Armenians in the latest build and can't get enough of seeing the royal bodyguard mowing down hapless enemies. Your additions to DLV and BB have truly been top-notch.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hey Gemini just wanted to let you know that we have used your excellent materials to make some badass hussites for the Tsardoms mod

Wallachian,

Cool to see that. Thanks!

I am even seeing some of my models/textures in a mod for Attila TW.

Sandy

I hope that in your mod dawn of conquest muslims in spain will be using plate as they did historicly... so that they wont be underpowered like in other mods

achilles-91,

Granadine army was quite professional, mostly comprised of mercenaries and sometimes volunteers from Northern Africa. They would be just as heavily armoured as their Christian counterparts. In the first version I am simply reusing vanilla models for now, trying to find the closest historical match.

From reading and discussions with Ichon, I am under impression that by 14th century there was a great deal of cultural and technological exchange over many centuries and Andalusian armies were similar to Christian armies. Andalusian nobles were, in fact, quarreling with Moroccan leaders most of the time, which eventually led to their demise. I would imagine Granadine armies would be closer to Spanish christian armies than Berber/Moroccan armies. Granada was a rich state, but little territory. This made their leaders rely more on mercenaries rather than nobility, who would require territorial expansion. Later centuries, Granada was considered a vassal of Castile, often under some sorts of treaties, while in reality, they were quite independent due to sheer economic power.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; October 10, 2016 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks for deep answer. I agree about your post, and i am realy looking forward too see Granada finaly properly done ( to be looking similar to christians ). Anyway, i agree about using vanila models for start, just to run mod. Good luck with project!

It seems regular 2H axe units were buffed by converting Taiji's 2H axe animations to vanilla via the Battlemap CTD Fix. Here is a simple solution that balances these units by replacing the vanilla 2H axe animations with Taiji's 2H sword animation.

teenspeedy1,

Thanks for the fix. I included the link in the first post.

I had no clue how to fix the ctd, so I chose the simplest solution - returning vanilla 2H_axe animations. I didn't realize 2H units got overpowered, though. Sadly, I only played one campaign since I started modding DLV.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; November 16, 2016 at 09:23 AM.

Dawn of Conquest is finally released! It is a DLV BB inspired mod in development for the past two years.

Sandy

for those playing BB with this overhaul and having an issue with some archers, attached is the EDU that fixes it based on Praetorian1's suggestion.

back up the original just in case, and drop this into your mods/DLV_ext/data and overwrite.
    Attached Files Attached Files