Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v3.0

Hey Wallachian, all my works are open source. Go ahead. Can't wait to see what you guys got prepared for us.

Sandy

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thank you Sandy much appreciated. Hopefully we can come up with some quality previews soon and a battle only mod.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Great - i like to see some end-tier units
    i mostly don´t play that long campaigns to see them

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hi GeMiNi][SaNDy, just wanted to let you know, that I will be implmenting your brilliant models into my mod very soon. Fantastic work

There is an update coming soon. Perhaps these weekends. Nothing major. Mostly bug fixes and new Marka horses. And most importantly i am adding nikossaiz' Real Shields, which change the looks in the battlefield a lot. Should be save compatible.

The Border Reiver, great! I will check it out when its done.

Sandy

Patrician

@GeMiNi][SaNDy, thank you for responding, that sounds great, I will be checking it out. The addition of those shields will be good too.

Based on just discovering your mod work, I will be redoing my rosters this weekend as well. My greatest challenge is discovering new highlander models for my scottish clans. The default CA ones are terrible, but nonetheless serviceable.

Have you come across any new highlander models and textures other than WOTW that I can possibly use? I don't suppose you plan to make some ?

Patrician

thanks k/t, unfortunately the images no longer work Were these implemented into DLV do you know?

Imported Marka horses. Many new textures for horse barding/caparisons for most factions. Below is the clash of English and French knights. As there is no way to match a knight to a horse, i have to make textures very general with some faction-specific color combinations and nonspecific symbols. The idea is to make battlefield more colorful, while keeping general units distinct from other knights. I should release v4.0 around these weekends.

Knights Preview

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Have you come across any new highlander models and textures other than WOTW that I can
    possibly use? I don't suppose you plan to make some ?
    The ones k/t pointed out are really good. However, they may look a little too professional for 12-13th century Scottish troops. As for myself, I do not plan to make any in the near future.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 22, 2015 at 09:55 PM.

Patrician

No problems Sandy, thanks for letting me know. Good Preview Sandy, nice colourful barding.

thanks k/t and Sandy, unfortunately the images no longer work Were these implemented into DLV do you know?

I don't know. I don't play this mod. I'm just hoping to jack units from it for the new RR/RC Compilation.

Default Re: Western Unit Overhaul v4.0 (Jan 26, 2015)

v4.0
    - Included Real Shields project
    - Imported Marka horses and animations (new colourful barding textures)
    - New bannermen for most factions (same banners, no more vanilla troops holding banners)
    - More variation in some units (e.g. pavise shields for italian spear militia)
    - New main menu screen
    - Main menu UI fix
    - New DLV BB icon
    - Bug fixes, missing textures, etc

Enjoy!

Sandy

thank you very much sandy!your work is magic,i love how your units look in the battles.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Excellelt! I am greatlly happy about the "more variation"! Next week i will perchuase a "new" old pc that can handlle medieval and i hope i can enjoy again your masterpieces!and slowly but surely i ll continue modding! I think i may add new and more historical banners for the second part of my mod Thank you Sandy! oh - i still owe you a list. i forgot! You propably will not need it but i will send it anyway!
    Last edited by nikossaiz; January 26, 2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: orthographicall mistakes

Patrician

Brilliant job Sandy. I have a couple of alternative requests though, and please point them out if they are already in your mod. For the English, is it possible to have a model with these particular helmets. Specifically, the first in each row:

Also are there a few variants of the great helm in your mod already?

just too say i like your textures on the marka horse,but only the eyes they look strange(they look blury) but only with the royal horse marka, horse marka and barded horse marka,maybe it's a issue with me our it's the texture,maybe rushi mod are too like this,the normal marka horse looks very good.and so much colours brings the spirit of the medieval come alive

and thank you again for these great units!
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; February 02, 2015 at 10:12 AM.

stevietheconquer, the texture around eyes is made invisible via alpha channels. The game engine only recognizes fully visible or fully invisible alpha textures. The problem here is that in Marka horses that area is a bit blurry with grey gradient transition from black (invisible) to white (visible). It was even worse in the original textures. I tried to make it better by increasing contrast, and this is the best I got. The "blurry" effect is due to low resolution of these textures. You can clearly see zigzag from pixels if you zoom in. I believe this kind of tiny details are invisible in actual battles, so not a big deal. I was more concerned about making caparisons look natural, even with striking bright colors.

The Border Reiver, first row from left to right: done, no, done, no. Second row: done, done, done (kinda), done. Not all the helmets are exactly same, some are variants of the ones you have shown. Most of these helmets are on Mailed Knights, the greathelms are on Feudal Knights. More variants of faceguard helmets are on Norman Knights.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; February 03, 2015 at 07:55 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

New versions looks promising, going to give it a try

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Javlinemen and Almogavares are missing their secondary weapon when they do their secondary attack and some of the Almogavares shields disappear when they do their secondary attack.

b257, thanks. I will have a look.

Sandy