Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better AI Recruitment

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Better AI Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    Hi, im working in Alexander Mod, new campaign to play in Alexander time, can i add your mod?
    Thanks for your time.
    Of course

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    I've been trying to make my own version for 'Better AI Recruitment' this for Magnar mod. At times it seems like its working but then I'll come across a faction not fallowing it's army ration.
    For example a Gaul faction which starts with a minor settlement (warhorse resorce) was building nothing but cavalry even though it has access to defult_land_infantry_spears, defult_land_infantry_melee and defult_land_infantry_missile which are all it needs to make a 20 unit gaul army. The Romans and Carthaginians never seem to recruit either of their 2 army sets and never makes armies greater than 14 units.
    great, I will try to help you as much as I can.

It is highly important to use the cdir_military_generator_template_ratios_table as a full table. Other than that I have the following questions

Are cavalry unit qualities exceptional high ? Can you post the whole template ? Can you name the faction ? Which cdir_military_generator_configkey is used by the faction ?

1. Usually the AI will recruit the unit type with the next highest ratio available to it. e.g. spearmen are the only recruitable unit and all slots for spearmen are already used for the template ,the AI will still recruit spearmen as no other option matching the template is available.

2. You have to take the starting units into account those units usually donīt fit with some of the army templates e.g. making a cavalry only army with infantry starting units. Further more the AI can only recruit the units available, but the AI will never stop recruiting even in a region where it is unable to fulfill the template ratio. To answer the question: no. Make sure that your newly created templates are set up correctly. It is highly important to use the full cdir_military_generator_template_ratios_table and to make bigger changes to the vanilla table. You can add new templates with table fragments.

3. Of course it is close to impossible to create the exact army compositions as long as the AI has to construct buildings to unlock the units it needs to conform with my templates, if you add all units to the city buildings the AI armies will be mostly perfect. The DeI ones (20 ratio templates max and up to 4 different per faction) are pretty close to what I expect them to be, because we have far more units than vanilla (AoR to fill up the ranks even if the AI has no barrack in the region)
    Last edited by Litharion; August 26, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

So much thanks men!!!

Hi, is this mod compatible with the new augustus campaign? It still says patch 14 in the first post.

Steam is upadet. Will add a new download link here soon :screwy:

14182's Avatar Miles

Thanks for the update, Litharion!

Your mod makes my day

Greetings,

Not to sound like a jerk but i am actually wondering if this mod is still required since the patch notes of the EE mention army management and recruitment adjustments.
    Does anyone have any info on whether that makes this mod obsolete?

Cheers in advance, good mod, i greatly enjoyed it in my pre-EE campaigns.

patch 16 compatibility update

+ Update 6 Better AI Recruitment
    - reworked all army compositions (more realistic with gameplay in mind)
    - added additional unit types for more realistic armies (First Cohort/Chariots)
    e.g. Each Roman AI Army will only have a maximum of one First Cohort
    - new army variation system (every military group now has more than 1 army template)
    e.g. Parthia will recruit Infantry heavy armies as well, but mostly focuses on Horse heavy armies
    - reworked all unit qualities, this should help the AI to build better units if available
    - tweaked CAI values for military buildings, the CAI will construct more heavy barracks now
    - better unit pack compatibility (as the AI armies are generally more varied)

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post

- new army variation system (every military group now has more than 1 army template)
    e.g. Parthia will recruit Infantry heavy armies as well, but mostly focuses on Horse heavy armies
    - reworked all unit qualities, this should help the AI to build better units if available
    - tweaked CAI values for military buildings, the CAI will construct more heavy barracks now
    The update sounds great! The extra army template can definitely provide more battle experience.

But CAI already doing quite well in building barracks, I have to raze the newly conquered town or dismantle most of the buildings there as it's usually full of military buildings.
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Essential mod for a true TW campaign experience!

Good job mate!

Quote Originally Posted by 14182 View Post
    The update sounds great! The extra army template can definitely provide more battle experience.

But CAI already doing quite well in building barracks, I have to raze the newly conquered town or dismantle most of the buildings there as it's usually full of military buildings.
    it is only a slight raise and it should mostly affect the AI choice between different barrack types

I know this should be a difficult answer, but why is this incompatible with Radius economy & research? If I load this after Radious', will it crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Luqueasaur View Post
    I know this should be a difficult answer, but why is this incompatible with Radius economy & research? If I load this after Radious', will it crash?
    no, the reason it was incompatible is gone. I actually removed the changes I made to the technology tables. Will change the OP.

14182's Avatar Miles

it is only a slight raise and it should mostly affect the AI choice between different barrack types
    Good to hear that. Thank you again!
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Wrath of Sparta update and roman legionary AI unit quality hotfix.

Wrath of Sparta update and roman legionary AI unit quality hotfix.
    Very Nice!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I enjoy the mod, Better AI recruitmen mean better auto battle resolve mean CAI will be more encouraged to do war.I also enjoy the tutorial you made Sir Litharion
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

can i use this mod with radious AI and better AI by junaidi83 ?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Yes you can, just put my mod on top on radious AI, so my mod will overwrite the same value on radious AI,
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Hi Litharion!
    Can u write a tutorial about editing mercenaries units? I willl be add one new custom made unit to the mercenary group.
    (example: created one " Myrmydons" unit to WoS campaign, but only for merc. not to factions)
    I think must be working on stratpos.esf file. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hi Litharion!
    Can u write a tutorial about editing mercenaries units? I willl be add one new custom made unit to the mercenary group.
    (example: created one " Myrmydons" unit to WoS campaign, but only for merc. not to factions)
    I think must be working on stratpos.esf file. thx.
    You can find a great tutorial from Magnar on youtube here ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4yy...ature=youtu.be

check out his tutorial thread here -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-%286-12-14%29

he already made 50! video tutorials, so I don't think, I have to create an additional one for mercenaries

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast