Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better AI Recruitment

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Better AI Recruitment

I'll have to try this out in my next campaign, along side my recruitment times mod.

Hi, is this mod compatible with toonstotalwar allinone mod?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    Hi, is this mod compatible with toonstotalwar allinone mod?
    good question... I will take a look into his mod

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

This looks a great mod and since I have been using close combat CAI mod in my campaign games was very interesting on the unit compositions that were been added by the AI.

Now I think its time to look to integrate something like this full time into the AIO mod, let me know if you can make this mod compatible without too much work hopefully! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    This looks a great mod and since I have been using close combat CAI mod in my campaign games was very interesting on the unit compositions that were been added by the AI.
    Now I think its time to look to integrate something like this full time into the AIO mod, let me know if you can make this mod compatible without too much work hopefully! Cheers
    After I finished my work on DeI 0.9. I can make a compatible version for you, this would include redoing the cdir_military_unit_quailities of the units you put into your mod. The AI army ratios/templates already work. Just pm me, if you want to discuss it further or if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    After I finished my work on DeI 0.9. I can make a compatible version for you, this would include redoing the cdir_military_unit_quailities of the units you put into your mod. The AI army ratios/templates already work. Just pm me, if you want to discuss it further or if you have any questions.
    Sounds great mate, leg me know when your done with DEI and go through this further. Cheers

hello how do I install this mod? many thanks

just put the mod into your Rome 2 data folder and activate the mod with the official mod manager or use the community mod manager created by mitch.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

is it compatable with custom unit packs ? and if its compatable - does the Ai uses them also as often as the Vannila units??

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    is it compatable with custom unit packs ? and if its compatable - does the Ai uses them also as often as the Vannila units??
    It depends on the units added. The AI army compositions are different for each and every faction, or at least culture. If you add units that don´t fit into the faction specific AI army composition, the AI will not use them. e.g. a lot of heavy infantry for the nomads. If you add melee infantry units to the Roman faction, the Roman Campaign AI will use them.
    I tried to create historical and diverse AI armies, naturally not every faction will recruit every unit type assigned to them.

Default Re: Better AI Recruitment for DEI and Vanilla Rome II

hi, great mod by the way, truly changed rome 2 for the better, but i have some ideas if you wouldn't mind reading that i believe this mod could use to improve,
    1-less mercenaries. DETAILS: rome didnt recruit mercenaries in their standard armies historically, only in crisis or during a campaign, so if you could remove that for rome that would be amazing and the other big empires like macedon egypt seleucids. for example when i look at rome they would have a great army if not for the mercenary italian spearmen.
    2- Carthage to recruit more mercenaries than the rest (DETAILS): because historically thats what they did, so maybe like 13 units for each army to come from mercenaries for the Carthaginians.
    3- successor kingdoms recruit more cavalry in their armies DETAILS: like 5 or 6 while rome and gallic and germanic recruit less. again historically accurate
    4- and all factions suffer from not having enough missile troops DETAILS: maybe put 4 missile troops for each faction
    thank you for reading, these ideas are not just for me but they are historically accurate and thats what this mod aims to be true to.

thank you very much for the feedback. I will consider your points for the next content update. I agree with you on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by jaafar11 View Post
    1-less mercenaries. DETAILS: rome didnt recruit mercenaries in their standard armies historically, only in crisis or during a campaign, so if you could remove that for rome that would be amazing and the other big empires like macedon egypt seleucids. for example when i look at rome they would have a great army if not for the mercenary italian spearmen.
    Unless you can force Rome to recruit auxiliaries as a significant (but sub-50%) portion of their legions, I don't know how else Roman AI would survive against other factions.
    2- Carthage to recruit more mercenaries than the rest (DETAILS): because historically thats what they did, so maybe like 13 units for each army to come from mercenaries for the Carthaginians.
    If possible, I'd make it a range of 40%-60% instead.
    3- successor kingdoms recruit more cavalry in their armies DETAILS: like 5 or 6 while rome and gallic and germanic recruit less. again historically accurate
    More like between 1 and 5, with the eastern Successors (+Pontus) at the higher end.

Thanks for your feedback . This mod is fully patch 14 compatible btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Thanks for your feedback . This mod is fully patch 14 compatible btw.
    How are you getting on with my All In One version of thsi mod? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    How are you getting on with my All In One version of thsi mod? thanks
    Hey man, I have added the new unit types. But you have a lot of units in the compilation. I may be able to finish it early next week

For people interested in customizing my mod or creating something different and new
    Tutorial on AI Recruitment in Rome 2
    Last edited by Litharion; August 03, 2014 at 10:36 PM.

updated with Daughters of Mars FLC and DLC units.

Hi, im working in Alexander Mod, new campaign to play in Alexander time, can i add your mod?

Thanks for your time.

I've been trying to make my own version for 'Better AI Recruitment' this for Magnar mod. At times it seems like its working but then I'll come across a faction not fallowing it's army ration.
    For example a Gaul faction which starts with a minor settlement (warhorse resorce) was building nothing but cavalry even though it has access to defult_land_infantry_spears, defult_land_infantry_melee and defult_land_infantry_missile which are all it needs to make a 20 unit gaul army.
    The Romans and Carthaginians never seem to recruit either of their 2 army sets and never makes armies greater than 14 units.

1. When a AI faction cannot recruit all the units to for-fill the ratios required [as defined in the cdir_military_generator_template_ratios_tables] to make any of the available army templates [as defined in the cdir_military_generator_template_priorities_tables] what does it do?

2. Should I ensure that all military groups have a default army template which they create from the start

3. Have you noticed any ai factions not conforming to your Better AI Recruitment mod in a dramatic way.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast